Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

So what does this move do? Those un happy will just not renew and the way it comes across is stupid in offering and heavy-handed in response. Yet another PR disaster totally avoidable! Why does he keep making his lack of experience glaringly obvious !!! 

Weather you are support him or not, wanted a refund or NOT he needs to quit these stupid stunts. He should be above all this.

Edited by ashley8

These conditions are fair and I expect there will be a very low take up. I do though feel for anyone who may be in a far worse financial position then they were when they bought their ST, who may not be able to refuse having a bit of money back (both in that they're in a position desperate to make ends meet and that if / when they get back on their feet they wouldn't be able to return to Hillsborough as a ST holder) but hopefully that is an absolute tiny minority, if at all.

Far less sympathy for people who just aren't enjoying it and want a refund, the conditions are fair to them, and you buy your ST knowing you could see anything from 23 wins to 23 defeats so should support through the sad times. That said, even though I am not enjoying this season or the football over the last 18 months, I still love the club and I find it sad for them that anyone in our fanbase would get to the point that they have fallen out of love with Wednesday and don't want to go any more.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're assuming he was in World War II 

He wasn't

He has been in every war since though

True war hero and sadly with a limp now. A permanent one

And a slight hunch from carrying his equipment for thousands of miles across mountain terrain

He shouldn't have said 'the war' then. Be more specific. BANNED.

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

He shouldn't have said 'the war' then. Be more specific. BANNED.

By 'The War' he means all the wars 

The general war on peacetime

Via war

He gets muddled up. He's old and on his third pint (two of which were bought for by regulars in the pub as he can't afford any more than one pint per visit)

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If true sounds all a bit petty not allowing people to buy a season ticket in future because they asked for a refund that was offered by the club. (Maybe because work circumstances had changed for instance).

Club should be trying to win back disgruntled supporters not having an FBI style Blacklist. 

He has to budget. Setting a no consequence refund policy is a dangerous precedent.

The spirit of the refund is dissatisfaction, not a change in circumstances.

If this has been mentioned before my apologies. 

Its not a refund is it? It’s a refund against games that has not happened? You are not getting a refund on the games certain fans wanted a refund for. This makes the process petty, and not fit for purpose as a refund. If you offer a refund through gritted teeth make it a refund against the games fans are annoyed with. 

The whole ole thing is a mess, should never have been offered and DC needs a much thicker skin, Fans moan, some will want a refund when results don’t meet expectations. 

Its devisive and needless, a pointless offer that’s not even an offer under the terms, and then to ban fans from the future sales when apparently we need the income is madness. 

Thats before you get to the issue of what happens Next year? If fans want a refund again how many will we continue to ban? 

The end of season tickets? Boys and girls I think this is the start! 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You're right

We should forget it because of everything else going on in the world.

I didn't say forget it anywhere in the above, don't put words in my mouth Neil ta muchly.

Lets not forget, your site (as all forums) thrives on positives and negatives based around the sites theme and in this instance SWFC.

However, I do often wonder about the sanity of a % of our fanbase (likely most other clubs experience the same to some degree) where a negative view of one or more, becomes more of a desire in the end to demonise and damage a person or person(s) (whether other fan or club personnel) just to be able to sit back in their life, feeling smug that they believe it proves them right, when it proves nothing of the sort.

If I can be proved wrong for my view in this thread and something that somebody says, the proverbial penny drops to my mind... I will hold my hands up and admit that is the case, which it isn't at this point in time.

Can the ardent negative nancies who seem destined in demonising our current owner, players or the club in general, offer the same level of level headedness? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

True war hero and sadly with a limp now. A permanent one

And a slight hunch from carrying his equipment for thousands of miles across mountain terrain

Sounds like he’s fitter than most of our squad. Get him some boots :luhukay:

How would you react to this alternative proposal: forfeit all loyalty points associated with the refunded season ticket, in addition to waiving the ability to get in on early-bird pricing over the next two seasons.

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

So you're saying that in your opinion, you can refund the ticket and still be at front of the queue for away tickets? Reyt glad you arent chairman

Maybe just lose your loyalty points for this season then , that would have fairer

2 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

If this has been mentioned before my apologies. 

Its not a refund is it? It’s a refund against games that has not happened? You are not getting a refund on the games certain fans wanted a refund for. This makes the process petty, and not fit for purpose as a refund. If you offer a refund through gritted teeth make it a refund against the games fans are annoyed with. 

The whole ole thing is a mess, should never have been offered and DC needs a much thicker skin, Fans moan, some will want a refund when results don’t meet expectations. 

Its devisive and needless, a pointless offer that’s not even an offer under the terms, and then to ban fans from the future sales when apparently we need the income is madness. 

Thats before you get to the issue of what happens Next year? If fans want a refund again how many will we continue to ban? 

The end of season tickets? Boys and girls I think this is the start! 

Yes it’s a refund. If you’ve already had the product why would you be refunded? 

Take a jumper back, keep the sleeve and ask for the full refund...

9 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

I didn't say forget it anywhere in the above, don't put words in my mouth Neil ta muchly.

Lets not forget, your site (as all forums) thrives on positives and negatives based around the sites theme and in this instance SWFC.

However, I do often wonder about the sanity of a % of our fanbase (likely most other clubs experience the same to some degree) where a negative view of one or more, becomes more of a desire in the end to demonise and damage a person or person(s) (whether other fan or club personnel) just to be able to sit back in their life, feeling smug that they believe it proves them right, when it proves nothing of the sort.

If I can be proved wrong for my view in this thread and something that somebody says, the proverbial penny drops to my mind... I will hold my hands up and admit that is the case, which it isn't at this point in time.

Can the ardent negative nancies who seem destined in demonising our current owner, players or the club in general, offer the same level of level headedness? 

Absolute post of the thread !

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm honestly not sure how you can say that?

What if it's some 70 year old bloke who's had a season ticket for 50 years, goes to games on his own because his wife passed away, and never utters a word to anyone?

He walks to the ground despite being severely injured in the war and so walks with a limp, and spends every penny he has on Sheffield Wednesday, but times are hard and after seeing Mr Chansiri's offer on Sky Sports News (that he was watching in the pub because he can't afford it at home) decided to enquire very reluctantly?

He even had to ask his next door neighbour to send the email as he was new to the internet  and didn't understand it

Sort the Beef from the Mackerel  and throw it on the fire.

Guest Copthorneowl
2 hours ago, KennyPowers55 said:

The offer from Mr Chansiri is that the season ticket refund offer will be honoured on a pro rata value for the remaining games. 

The conditions are a ban from all future season ticket and membership applications and forfeit of accrued loyalty points

Well played Mr Chansiri.  Harsh but fair offer. I personally won't be pursuing the refund even though I enquired. I don't think many others will either 

The offer was stupid in the first place and now everyone should forget about it and move on

Amost exactly as I predicted one week ago didn't think of the ban on future tickets but probably understandable from the point of view that a commitment is a commitment ....on both sides......after all he wouldn't have charged extra for those with multiple season tickets if we'd gone up,  not read the other posts so apologies if I've missed something.