Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

EH?

How on earth can you possibly claim that one?

It's not really rocket science is it...

DC offers refund, only the most disgruntled will likely take him up on the offer = the most disgruntled, tend to be customers who shout the loudest over a course of time, about many various negatives as they see it and this ripples through a customer base, if left unchecked.

He's essentially countered the above and I tip my hat to him for this, although not all will see it the above way - I'm more than happy to see it that way.

3 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

Course it should have, or he would have been vilified for being ignorant to a % of the fanbase, would he not?

He has essentially stood up in commercial brinksmanship and won in the main, I think it was a canny strategic move - quite possibly, assisting the removal of the loudest negative voices in the stands... how can that be anything but a win?

No i don't believe he should have offered it, how many other chairman/owners have you heard offer season ticket refunds because the club aren't doing as well as they want. Unfortunately there is no guarantee in football and thats the chance you take.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

So what do we do as very very concerned fans minority or not? Sit back and let us implode because no one stands up and says what is right?

Sorry but i support Wednesday because its my club, not because a new chairman dictates what we can do whilst he chucks money around making poor decision after poor decision. 

I want accountability for what happens with Sheff Wed! i want us to have a club in 50 years when my grandkids are going to watch them.

Right now the warning signs are getting bigger and bigger and i won't be sat here saying lets see how it goes and watching us implode without trying to be vocal to stop it.

Did you enjoy the fact when DC took over, holding 100% of the shares - or did you state your displeasure at this structure and wanted several shareholders spread across the board, to increase accountability, as you put it?

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

No i don't believe he should have offered it, how many other chairman/owners have you heard offer season ticket refunds because the club aren't doing as well as they want. Unfortunately there is no guarantee in football and thats the chance you take.

Several of late have refunded away fans travel or tickets, this is just taking the next step and I wouldn't be surprised to see in the near future, that SWFC won't be the last to quell any negativity on the terraces regarding input of season ticket costs vs output on the pitch.

Edited by robster_owl

Just now, robster_owl said:

the most disgruntled, tend to be customers who shout the loudest over a course of time

I'm honestly not sure how you can say that?

What if it's some 70 year old bloke who's had a season ticket for 50 years, goes to games on his own because his wife passed away, and never utters a word to anyone?

He walks to the ground despite being severely injured in the war and so walks with a limp, and spends every penny he has on Sheffield Wednesday, but times are hard and after seeing Mr Chansiri's offer on Sky Sports News (that he was watching in the pub because he can't afford it at home) decided to enquire very reluctantly?

He even had to ask his next door neighbour to send the email as he was new to the internet  and didn't understand it

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, robster_owl said:

Several of late have refunded away fans travel or tickets, this is just taking the next step.

Yes but spot the difference

Some clubs have said "That performance was totally unacceptable by the team so as a goodwil gesture we will refund your tickets and travel money along with an apology and a massive THANK YOU for your support"

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What if it's some 70 year old bloke who's had a season ticket for 50 years, goes to games on his own because his wife passed away, and never utters a word to anyone?

He walks to the ground despite being severely injured in the war and so walks with a limp, and spends every penny he has on Sheffield Wednesday, but times are hard and after seeing Mr Chansiri's offer on Sky Sports News (that he was watching in the pub because he can't afford it at home) decided to enquire very reluctantly?

He even had to ask his next door neighbour to send the email as he was new to the internet  and didn't understand it

I say take the scammer's ticket away and ban him for life. A 70 year old wasn't born until 1947/48, so he wasn't injured in the war. Disgusting the way he's trying to rip the club off with a sob story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That's enquiring, not taking the offer up to completion, different ball game.

Of course, hardship against flippant tantrums is a totally different reason and we all know that.

1 minute ago, robster_owl said:

That's enquiring, not taking the offer up to completion, different ball game.

Of course, hardship against flippant tantrums is a totally different reason and we all know that.

Precisely why it's totally impossible to judge who's enquired or recieved a refund

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

I say take the scammer's ticket away and ban him for life. A 70 year old wasn't born until 1947/48, so he wasn't injured in the war. Disgusting the way he's trying to rip the club off with a sob story.

You're assuming he was in World War II 

He wasn't

He has been in every war since though

True war hero and sadly with a limp now. A permanent one

And a slight hunch from carrying his equipment for thousands of miles across mountain terrain

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ignoring your first paragraph attacking fans

This last question I totally agree

So why all this?

Why does the chairman just not email the people back who asked for it and deal with privately on a one to one basis?

He's got their email addresses

None of this needed to be splattered all over the press

Apologies if this has been addressed, but I'm still back on page 6.

Many, maybe most, of those asking/demanding a refund are Owlstalkers. Do you think they would keep the fact that they've got a refund private? Should Chansiri insist on a confidentiality clause as part of the terms of the refund? 

No, as soon as a "private" offer could be made, it would be all over Owlstalk.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Apologies if this has been addressed, but I'm still back on page 6.

Many, maybe most, of those asking/demanding a refund are Owlstalkers. Do you think they would keep the fact that they've got a refund private? Should Chansiri insist on a confidentiality clause as part of the terms of the refund? 

No, as soon as a "private" offer could be made, it would be all over Owlstalk.

Firstly your comments about who's demanded a refund - who is it that's requested them because I for one have no idea. Suggesting they're all Owlstalkers is bizarre

As for your other point - That's very different mate

If it became public it would be not the clubs doing who would had acted and remained professional throughout

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes but spot the difference

Some clubs have said "That performance was totally unacceptable by the team so as a goodwil gesture we will refund your tickets and travel money along with an apology and a massive THANK YOU for your support"

Is the world full of persons who approach everything in the same way? I didn't think so... 

Do you, I or anybody do things with the best of intentions, but occasionally we end up not approaching a certain element correctly, for those outside looking in? Of course...

Way too many getting their knickers in a twist YET again, people getting way too wound up when ultimately, there is A LOT worse happening in our word and society, than this whole situation.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I don't care about share holdings and if it is a group or single shareholder as regardless i would expect the same from either or.

I actually voiced my concern at new owners coming in and throwing money at it, I want our club run in a way where we don't put our future at risk and also run the club in a way that we don't alienate the fan base, you know the one commodity we have when things go boobies up that stick by us through the thin and thinner.......

The problem with this is the fans want us to be good and we're competing with teams throwing outside investment or parachute payments at promotion.

It's very hard to align being competitive with high spending teams whilst not spending beyond your own means . Especially when the fans don't like increased prices. So we need investment, and who's going to invest without some control?