Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Disgusting if true.

Banning loyal fans and stripping loyalty points is out of order.

Its what you punish people found guilty of hooliganism or racism at a match.

Dave Allen wouldn’t even have been that petty

He's not banned them.

Season tickets and membership give the cheapest way of watching Wednesday at home; all he's said is that if you want to cash in those discounts this season, when we're struggling with FFP, don't expect them in future seasons.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

My point of view is that every time the club announces anything atm (whether it's good, bad or somewhere in between) there are a relatively small group who seem collectively lose their sh*t and try and whip up a mass frenzy.

There appears to be just a level of distrust towards whoever owns the club. Equating Dave Allen to Chansiri is a good example of this.

Nailed it .....though it will be denied 

Just now, wisewoodowl said:

Season tickets and membership give the cheapest way of watching Wednesday at home; all he's said is that if you want to cash in those discounts this season, when we're struggling with FFP, don't expect them in future seasons.

Why would anyone apply those terms to a Wednesday fan who could potentially be not just a fan for life but also an advocate of the club and could bring future generations to the club?

Owlstalk Shop

Should never have been offered. I personally don’t trust the bloke and sick of the ‘he’s put millions in’ argument. Chansiri will do what he wants when he’s wants, pretty much like Assam Allam or Vincent Tan. Hull City Tigers and Cardiff Red Dragons etc...Makes me wonder what next for the crack pot. For the record he’s already embarked on a strange transfer policy, stuck by an absolute charlatan of a manager and ditched the stripes in favour of a kit he and only he prefers (in our 150th year) despite opposition from the majority of our fan base. Employed a controversial CEO. Put pictures of himself up around the ground which is akin to Sadam Hussain’s despotic self adulating  imagery.

Put the prices up to extortionate amounts..etc etc

Edited by fatzooma

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would anyone apply those terms to a Wednesday fan who could potentially be not just a fan for life but also an advocate of the club and could bring future generations to the club?

That's as loaded a question as 'why would anyone ask for a refund on a season ticket?'

2 hours ago, KennyPowers55 said:

The offer from Mr Chansiri is that the season ticket refund offer will be honoured on a pro rata value for the remaining games. 

The conditions are a ban from all future season ticket and membership applications and forfeit of accrued loyalty points

Well played Mr Chansiri.  Harsh but fair offer. I personally won't be pursuing the refund even though I enquired. I don't think many others will either 

The offer was stupid in the first place and now everyone should forget about it and move on

Thought it was to good to be true but saying that I wasn't asking for a refund even before I knew about  the conditions

29 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Going off some of the reactions on here it would appear that some would love nothing more than for it to go a "bit Dave".

Blow the cobwebs off the black balloons etc.

Yes, I think a minority perhaps need to be careful what they wish for but there is a subtle feeling of passive aggressiveness coming out from the club at times which affects everyone now. Hopefully  it isn’t the tip of the ice berg.

• Thanks 1

There's some major flouncing going on.

Chansiri really can't win can he?

He gets a load of abuse after our two best seasons in nearly twenty years.

He's obviously personally hurt by this abuse after dedicating himself to the SWFC project and injecting millions into it, so - rightly or wrongly - offers a conditional refund to those that want out.

People say the terms of the refund are disgusting because he's not just handing them back their £500-£600, and is taking away their 'loyalty' rights.. What do you expect?

I applaud Chansiri. Yes, maybe he shouldn't have offered the refund, but people have still had to physically apply for it...Probably under the mind-set of 'ooh I'll get my £500 back and then put it towards next year's season ticket'.

• Thanks 1

Just now, OwlofOliveGrove said:

There is one word I would use to describe this whole issue - divisive.

Not what we need 3 days before a derby game and not what we needed fans to be taking into that meeting with DC on Thursday.

I hope that Thursdays meeting is one to bring fans together again

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Yes, I think a minority perhaps need to be careful what they wish for but there is a subtle feeling of passive aggressiveness coming out from the club at times which affects everyone now. Hopefully  it isn’t the tip of the ice berg.

This.

You can see it coming. A chairman who takes criticism far too personally and a small minority (for whatever reason) whipping up the furore (he's the next Dave Allen etc) every time a new announcement comes out.

It's quite clear that the club is over receptive to online feedback, hence why we get daft offers like this.

It's a flipping powder keg.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Should never have been offered. 

Course it should have, or he would have been vilified for being ignorant to a % of the fanbase, would he not?

He has essentially stood up in commercial brinksmanship and won in the main, I think it was a canny strategic move - quite possibly, assisting the removal of the loudest negative voices in the stands... how can that be anything but a win?

I'm 44 now and have been watching Wednesday since 1977 and am probably a veteran of 500 Wednesday matches.

Some years I've had season tickets others not. I'm in the middle of a 3 year one now.

Plenty of reason to walk away over the years and become selective with my viewing (Bert McGee, Larry May, Mr Tom, David Pleat, Ola Tidman, I could go on) and I have from time to time and will again in the future no doubt.

If you want to walk now I don't blame you - the football has been appalling and some of the players appear spineless.

However please don't pin any of this on Chansiri.

He's made plenty of mistakes and I hope he will learn from them, but he has done so (mainly) with his own money on a level never seen before in our 150 year history.

If he's still making those same mistakes in 18 months time then he will have to do it without my money, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

UTO

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

The problems are coming from within, and if the things of late coupled with the new CEO appointment aren't worrying you about our direction then i think you might be in for a few shocks.

You see you're pretty much predicting that the end is nigh before anything has happened (though yes, there are some warning signs).

Self fulfilling prophecy springs to mind.

Oh and I made my views on the new CEO perfectly clear a week back. Ta.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I went to a restaurant and got shocking food

They took it off the bill and apologised

they didnt' ban me from their restaurant for life

I returned to the restaurant many times since and recommended it to others

I went to a restaurant and got lovely food. My mate said his was shocking.

They took the cost of his off the bill, but no apology.

They told us, all of us, to f... off and don't come back again.

I haven't.

• Haha 1