Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

11 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

But they aren’t loyal are they if they want a refund on a season ticket. That’s the complete opposite of loyal.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who's applied for a refund and why?

I personally have no idea

Could be someone who's had a season ticket for 60 years for all I know who is in dire straits financially and has took up the offer once Mr Chansiri advertised it all over the official website (which then went onto Sky News)

I personally dont' know who's applied for it, whether they were serious or not, and why they did

So I'll reserve judgement on those people entirely 

I'd have thought other Wednesday fans would do too

I was going to say that the offer of refunds wasn't made for fans who might be struggling financially and those in that position should either ignore it or accept the consequences.

However, I appreciate that people in this position might feel they don't have a choice.  This unintended consequence has only come about because of the Chairman's offer.  So I can understand people saying it is unnecessary.

But I do think anyone else accepting the offer is being disloyal and therefore the terms are fair (apart from the 'lifetime' element maybe!).

Just now, southportdc said:

But people who want refunds for non-performance related issues wouldn't be offered them at any other club.

And why is that?

Because it's a nonsense

This offer should never have been made

No matter which side of the fence anyone sits re right/wrong of fans asking for refunds I'm sure we can all agree with that right?

Owlstalk Shop

I don't see how such a number have difficulty with the concept of loyalty. ST's in themselves are a loyalty bonus. If you bin that loyalty you should not expect your loyalty bonuses to be maintained.

People claimed to be disgruntled. DC made a genuine offer. How many took it up ? Not more than a handful I suspect. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm staggered you can make that statement as thought it's fact mate

People didn't even know about any refund offer till it was on Sky Sports News and the official website

So what you're saying is even if we were winning matches and challenging up at the top end of the table we'd still have had fans (however small in number) contacting the club and asking for a refund on their season ticket... ok then. lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Yes i do, thanks for correcting my autocorrect, my statement still applies,  ridiculous statement.

I disagree.

I'll get accused of fan blaming if I'm not careful.

• Haha 1

Just now, WiFiOwl said:

therefore the terms are fair (apart from the 'lifetime' element maybe!).

I would suggest that anyone wanting a refund is given a partial refund (e.g. a financial penalty on the amount paid - so they dont' get as much back) and that's that.

If they chose to then pay on the gate this season that's more £££ in the coffers and if they buy a season ticket next season then that's fine too and should be ENCOURAGED by exciting management of the football club.

But ultimately this offer should never even have been made

Owlstalk Shop

Embarrassing offer.

Embarrassing terms to the offer.

Hopefully it gets consigned to the bad ideas bin, and is never spoken of again.

It's now been picked up by the national media and will feature tommorow.

Please think before you flounce Mr Chairman.

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

And why is that?

Because it's a nonsense

This offer should never have been made

No matter which side of the fence anyone sits re right/wrong of fans asking for refunds I'm sure we can all agree with that right?

I'd make it a standard condition that refunds can be applied for on a season ticket, but that the difference between POTG prices and season ticket prices in your stand to that point will be deducted from your balance.

So after one game you can get a refund of maybe £420, but by this point in the season it's £10 or whatever.

After a while, there's no point in refunds but feel free not to turn up any more. 

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

It had to come with tough conditions or people (probably the same ones) would start wanting their money back every time we were rubbish.

Tbf it should never have been made in the first place.

Pandering to a stupid request.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If true sounds all a bit petty not allowing people to buy a season ticket in future because they asked for a refund that was offered by the club. (Maybe because work circumstances had changed for instance).

Club should be trying to win back disgruntled supporters not having an FBI style Blacklist. 

I can see the clubs point of view to an extent in that if you get  a refund then buy one next season and things aren't good again you might ask for a refund again. If the club say no you could argue that the precedent has been set and you should  be refunded. 

Edited by darra

16 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Because he’s a passionate fella who’s wearing his heart on his sleeve, he’s frustrated with a set of fans who he thought were as passionate and fanatical as he is, clearly he got that totally wrong.

We don’t deserve any success as fans, let’s mince our way back to L1 and have the fantastical Mr Strafford back as chairman promising 30k crowds at thruppence a ST

You are suggesting that because some fans wanted to accept an offer made by the chairman, all fans don't deserve success. I find that an outrageous statement. 

Why don't we have a committee to weed out all the fans less worthy of success than some ideal image, maybe have gate guards asking people how committed they are before being allowed into the ground. Sorry you can't come in, you missed a game 2 years ago so you don't deserve success and are the reason we didn't get promotion.

We might end up with a very small crowd.