Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

Just now, 2roland2 said:

So you believe people want times like we had under the DA regime? then why are people fighting against this not happening?  surely if they want this they wouldn't be bothered about fighting these ridiculous decisions that keep happening?

No.

I don't think those people want a return to the times of DA (no one in their right mind would).

You're the one who is equating the two.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Will have a look

I doubt it is as its not on the official website I don't think 

So they have replied privately to those who asked for a refund?

So it's only on this website and presumably social media that the terms of the refund is actually "news"?

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

So have your money back and fizz off nd don’t come back again. 

Pathetic and like I said at the time of the offer absolute dummy spitting of the highest order. 

I boycotted hillsborough when Dave Allan took the wee wee out of our fans. It will be interesting to see how the fans spin this as a positive because it’s absolutely disgraceful. 

We we are in some very murky waters right now. 

I boycotted Hillsborough (eventually) when Dave Allen was in charge and still won't got to his venues in Sheffield now.

However as childish as this is offer was and is it isn't in the same parish to what Allen got up too.

Chansiri has led with his chin which you should never do but I can't be offended by this - not even close.

Refundees should be allowed to buy another ST but they will be made to sit in that corner where the TV box goes. 

That way it will be easy to identify them and for the North Stand standing crew to pelt them with sausage rolls.

Everyone's a winner that way.

All fans in the ground

Guaranteed entertainment every game

Increased sausage roll sales.

Mr Chansiri, I'm here when you need me Sir.

• Haha 3

Just now, nebneeb said:

So they have replied privately to those who asked for a refund?

So it's only on this website and presumably social media that the terms of the refund is actually "news"?

I think so mate yes

People have received emails with this 'offer' in it and posted the terms offered

Sky Sports would get their news from an RSS news feed or the official website

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, SiJ said:

No.

I don't think those people want a return to the times of DA (no one in their right mind would).

You're the one who is equating the two.

Just to clarify:

I think that Chansiri, for all the missteps, flaws etc, isn't the second coming of DA.

For one he has put in substantive investment and I do honestly think he wants to get the club to the Premier League. Whether you agree with his methods of doing that is another thing.

Allen on the other hand...well, I'd like to post my thoughts on his efforts but I think it best not to.

1 minute ago, poite said:

Refundees should be allowed to buy another ST but they will be made to sit in that corner where the TV box goes. 

That way it will be easy to identify them and for the North Stand standing crew to pelt them with sausage rolls.

Everyone's a winner that way.

All fans in the ground

Guaranteed entertainment every game

Increased sausage roll sales.

Mr Chansiri, I'm here when you need me Sir.

This is quite a good idea.

Though I fear we could have a breakout of sausage roll caused obesity.

2 minutes ago, tonycunningham said:

I boycotted Hillsborough (eventually) when Dave Allen was in charge and still won't got to his venues in Sheffield now.

However as childish as this is offer was and is it isn't in the same parish to what Allen got up too.

Chansiri has led with his chin which you should never do but I can't be offended by this - not even close.

This is pretty much my feelings.

Just think we are in danger of everything hitting the proverbial fan if we are not careful. Incredible amount of distrust fostering on both sides.

1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Banning loyal fans and stripping loyalty points is out of order.

Asking for a refund is far from loyal where I come from 

Edited by Ash76

Wow, talk about a polarised topic. Fans having a dig at each other. 

This will most likely come back to bite him one way or another. In his defence, there shouldn't be an "entertainment" value attached to season tickets. As loads have already said, you pay to get cheaper tickets and other perks. On the fans side, the ones who are taking up the offer. His remit(iirc) was to get us back in the Premier League and to do that he needed help selling more season tickets, offering the 3 year deals etc, putting prices up in general. This gamble has spectacularly backfired this season and some would say the back end of last season as well. Obviously not all fans want a refund because of that turgid style we have had to put up with and i'm guessing there are a multitude of "supporter defined" genuine reasons for asking for one. In my mind this doesn't make them less of a fan than someone who has had a season ticket for 30 years or so. 

What about the guys who committed for 3 years. Do they get a massive refund or just this season and then banned for the next 2 years? Sorry if its already been posted. 

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who's applied for a refund and why?

I personally have no idea

Could be someone who's had a season ticket for 60 years for all I know who is in dire straits financially and has took up the offer once Mr Chansiri advertised it all over the official website (which then went onto Sky News)

I personally dont' know who's applied for it, whether they were serious or not, and why they did

So I'll reserve judgement on those people entirely 

I'd have thought other Wednesday fans would do too

Well obviously if it’s for financial or health reasons then that goes without saying but I thought the offer was made to people who are unhappy with what’s on the pitch or behind the scenes? Who mentioned anything about other reasons? 

Cannot keep up with the speed of the new posts coming in, and having nearly caught up I am going to have to log off and get some work done, or I will get fired.  If that happens I may have to take the offer up :ph34r:

Keep posting all, I have a free night tonight to catch up.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

35 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I bet those asking for a refund have supported us for years and have their own reasons for asking a refund

We don’t know their circumstances and instantly criticising them on a forum does no good.

Our chairman shouldn’t have made the offer and is responsible for the mess it’s causes

I’m talking about the people who have been moaning about this season and are fed and want a refund.

Who are you talking about? 

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Well obviously if it’s for financial or health reasons then that goes without saying but I thought the offer was made to people who are unhappy with what’s on the pitch or behind the scenes? Who mentioned anything about other reasons? 

I mentioned it as a possibility mate

You have to remember the fans weren't really aware of any season ticket offer till it went on the official website, sky sports news etc etc

Just saying that there are all kinds of possibilities here 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I mentioned it as a possibility mate

You have to remember the fans weren't really aware of any season ticket offer till it went on the official website, sky sports news etc etc

Just saying that there are all kinds of possibilities here 

Fair enough. 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

23 minutes ago,  SiJ said: 

Going off some of the reactions on here it would appear that some would love nothing more than for it to go a "bit Dave".

Blow the cobwebs off the black balloons etc.

Have i got this comment the wrong way around then? are you actually saying the guys advocating this offer and saying fans are right to have season tkt bans are asking for the "bit Dave"?

My point of view is that every time the club announces anything atm (whether it's good, bad or somewhere in between) there are a relatively small group who seem collectively lose their sh*t and try and whip up a mass frenzy.

There appears to be just a level of distrust towards whoever owns the club. Equating Dave Allen to Chansiri is a good example of this.

• Thanks 1