Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

YES

Of course it is

If the chairman is banning people from having season tickets because they apply for a refund that he himself publicises then what next?

Are we going to announce a new pie on the food stands and then ban people from ever eating there again if they take it back because it's cold?

This offer was unnccessary

One overriding thought I've got today is this

If Mr Chansiri thinks that he's ever going to be able to control the gripes, moans and complaints of football fans he will very very quickly realise (hopefully) that it's like trying to catch fog

The majority wont gripe, as they understand the unwritten Ts and Cs. The glory hunters have their money back. That seems a good solution to me.

Is this really that much of an issue to whip up all this fervour and some of the semantics on here?

I don't think so...a refund offer with conditions has been made, people will either take it up or not.

@@owlstalk this needs shifting into https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/forum/108-sheffield-wednesday-tickets/

Edited by Fuzzy logics

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sad that you find reasons to dismiss the views of others in such an incorrect and unfair way

I have the same right as you to post on here and your views are as valid as mine and vice versa

The old 'traffic' thing is about as sad as you can get for dismissing the views of mine

Careful not to disgruntle any of the users Neil. You'll have to refund them their time that they have spent typing.

The offer should never have been made in the first place but having got to this stage DC had to try and limit the refunds given and that is why he has put these conditions in. 

Nothing good has come out of this and I hope DC learns from it as he has a lot to learn when it comes to running a football club.

i don't think anyone is ungrateful for the millions he has pumped in but some things he is getting so wrong

Surely most supporters that have asked for a refund have only done so because the Chairman offered them a refund.

I can't imagine that anymore than a handful of people approached him for their money back before he made that offer.

Therefore, the whole thing just seems absolutely nonsensical to me.  Why on earth make an offer of a refund to the whole fan base when hardly anybody has asked for one?  And then say, but if you take the offer up that I have offered, you are banned from ever buying a season ticket or membership for the rest of your life.

Why would anybody do that?

It just makes no sense whatsoever.

What makes it even more puzzling is some fans supporting this absolutely bizarre behaviour.

1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Disgusting if true.

Banning loyal fans and stripping loyalty points is out of order.

Its what you punish people found guilty of hooliganism or racism at a match.

Dave Allen wouldn’t even have been that petty

But they aren’t loyal are they if they want a refund on a season ticket. That’s the complete opposite of loyal.

Just now, Saxondale said:

But they aren’t loyal are they if they want a refund on a season ticket. That’s the complete opposite of loyal.

Who's applied for a refund and why?

I personally have no idea

Could be someone who's had a season ticket for 60 years for all I know who is in dire straits financially and has took up the offer once Mr Chansiri advertised it all over the official website (which then went onto Sky News)

I personally dont' know who's applied for it, whether they were serious or not, and why they did

So I'll reserve judgement on those people entirely 

I'd have thought other Wednesday fans would do too

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Why???????

Any little flower that suddenly decides, “we’re not winning all the time, I want a refund”, they’re the ones that want their heads testing.

After pumping millions into the club and regularly engaging with the fans personally, despite spending half his time thousands of miles away, if I was him I would be more than a little p.issed off with some of our fans reactions to this season, I think the bloke has made a few mistakes yes, who flamin doesn’t?  he’s not holding a gun to anyone’s head is he!!  and his heart is in the right place, his “who’s with me?” attitude is spot on, absolutely spot on!

If you can’t hack being a fan of this club, see you later, enjoy Man City!

You're completely missing the point.

It should have never been offered in the first place, and to offer it and hold back the 'terms' initially was a joke.

He's creating divides between himself and the fans. Are you happy with the way he's handled this whole situation?

He's created what should be a non-issue and we're now a laughing stock.

3 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Good of you to admit it, are you having de Bruyne or Aguero on the back of your shiny new light blue shirt?

On a tangent but did you hear that Guardian podcast the other day about Man City and how they have managed to grow from a club our size to what they are today?

Owlstalk Shop

Out of curiosity, how will the club enforce the ban?

I imagine It's pretty easy to create a new client ID and buy a season ticket using someone else's debit/credit card.

P.s I'm not 'asking for a mate', just interested if they'll be treated the same as those banned from Hillsborough due to hooliganism.

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Surely most supporters that have asked for a refund have only done so because the Chairman offered them a refund.

I can't imagine that anymore than a handful of people approached him for their money back before he made that offer.

Therefore, the whole thing just seems absolutely nonsensical to me.  Why on earth make an offer of a refund to the whole fan base when hardly anybody has asked for one?  And then say, but if you take the offer up that I have offered, you are banned from ever buying a season ticket or membership for the rest of your life.

Why would anybody do that?

It just makes no sense whatsoever.

What makes it even more puzzling is some fans supporting this absolutely bizarre behaviour.

The people supporting it are ones who cant see past the money DC has spent and therefore base their entire opinion of him on that.

Just now, Saxondale said:

I bet those asking for a refund have supported us for years and have their own reasons for asking a refund

We don’t know their circumstances and instantly criticising them on a forum does no good.

Our chairman shouldn’t have made the offer and is responsible for the mess it’s causes

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

Because he’s a passionate fella who’s wearing his heart on his sleeve, he’s frustrated with a set of fans who he thought were as passionate and fanatical as he is, clearly he got that totally wrong.

We don’t deserve any success as fans, let’s mince our way back to L1 and have the fantastical Mr Strafford back as chairman promising 30k crowds at thruppence a ST

Eh?

It's all getting silly now innit

lol

Owlstalk Shop