Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Because he’s a passionate fella who’s wearing his heart on his sleeve, he’s frustrated with a set of fans who he thought were as passionate and fanatical as he is, clearly he got that totally wrong.

We don’t deserve any success as fans, let’s mince our way back to L1 and have the fantastical Mr Strafford back as chairman promising 30k crowds at thruppence a ST

So Chansiri is more of a fan is he?

And I think our fan base is way overdue some success

So speak for yourself 

He’s basically saying - if you don’t want to stick with us through the bad times then don’t come back. Which is fair, buying a season ticket is a contract which allows you into the games - without guaranteed success. 

Obviously nobody will take up this offer now and rightly so

3 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Because he’s a passionate fella who’s wearing his heart on his sleeve, he’s frustrated with a set of fans who he thought were as passionate and fanatical as he is, clearly he got that totally wrong.

Backing Chansiri as more passionate than fellow fans.

Chansiri the passionate fanatical Wednesday fan.... For the past 12 months.

Classic

lol

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

We are not a laughing stock fella, yet another gross over exaggeration, you do know there’s an actual world outside of this site don’t you?

Yes

And the offer that Mr Chansiri made went straight all over the media

I havent' checked yet to see if this latest 150th Anniversary Year Offer has made it to Sky Sports but no doubt it will

Owlstalk Shop

What a farce.

Should never have been offered in the first place.

If you buy a season ticket, then you get to watch 23 homes matches - there is nothing written into the terms and conditions that the team has to win X amount of games.

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

We don’t deserve any success as fans, let’s mince our way back to L1 and have the fantastical Mr Strafford back as chairman promising 30k crowds at thruppence a ST

Anybody that seriously expects 27,000 people to behave in the same manner wants their head examining.

Some are passionate, some are not.  Some live, sleep and breathe Sheffield Wednesday, some just show a passing interest.  Some go to every single away game, some go to none.

Trying to say that we are different to other fan bases or other groups of people in this way is bizarre.

What I do know is that not many clubs could still expect to see our crowds after nearly two decades of poo, we have sold over 20,000 season tickets which even Leeds and villa cannot match and only Leeds and Villa are matching our away support this season.  If you think that is lacking passion or makes us undeserving of success then you have a completely different barometer to most people.

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

The offer wouldn't have been made in the first place if fans hadn't have asked for one in the first place

There may be truth in that

But by your logic that means that every request by (shall we say five?) fans or more needs to be executed by the chairman?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Could be someone who's had a season ticket for 60 years for all I know who is in dire straits financially and has took up the offer once Mr Chansiri advertised it all over the official website (which then went onto Sky News)

First of all, Chansiri has said at the fans forums (fora) before that fans in financial difficulties can contact the club and talk to them and see what can be worked out. I'm sure the same applies to season tickets.

Secondly, if they're in financial trouble then they've got a choice to make about whether the difficulties are so severe that alleviating them is worth the future season ticket restrictions. That's a difficult choice, but other clubs don't even offer that choice. If you're a Sunderland fan, you're watching poo and putting up with it,financial trouble or not. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

There have, recently, been a few S/T holders asking for their money back, DC has called their bluff and won

He’s the owner of a professional football club, a pretty well sized one at that.

This isn’t some local parish council squabble and it certainly didn’t need making out into something that resembles one.

A pathetic response from one man to a pathetic request from a few others that.

Childish and paints absolutely no good light on anyone concerned. 

If this is going to be way forward from here, then I dread to think where it’s going next.

49 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It’s all getting a bit Dave 

Going off some of the reactions on here it would appear that some would love nothing more than for it to go a "bit Dave".

Blow the cobwebs off the black balloons etc.

1 hour ago, KennyPowers55 said:

The offer from Mr Chansiri is that the season ticket refund offer will be honoured on a pro rata value for the remaining games. 

The conditions are a ban from all future season ticket and membership applications and forfeit of accrued loyalty points

Well played Mr Chansiri.  Harsh but fair offer. I personally won't be pursuing the refund even though I enquired. I don't think many others will either 

The offer was stupid in the first place and now everyone should forget about it and move on

If true I think that's bang on from Mr Chansiri.

What kind of football fan asks for a refund on their season ticket because the season isn't going the way they wanted? That's the whole point of the discount you get on match day tickets, you're paying up front, making a financial commitment to the club and as such your loyalty is rewarded.

I have been bored to tears watching the regular snorefests served up under Carlos this season but at no point did I ever consider asking for a refund.

As for fans who argue about the cost of season tickets in defence of those asking for a refund, well why did they buy one in the first place?

If a fan can't afford a season ticket that's absolutely fair enough and there is no way that any fans should feel pressured into parting with money they don't have BUT when a fan buys a season ticket (fully expecting that they have that for the season and can't get a refund) then I can't see why they would expect to get a refund when it's money that they've already spent and never reasonably expected to be able to get back.

You can guarantee if we were to make the playoff final next season, these fans who took their money back off the club when we were struggling would be the first ones to be on here moaning about not being able to get a ticket for Wembley.