Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

He offered it out of frustration, he wants us to enjoy success as much as he does and all the negativity recently (some justified, some not) forced him into a plea for unity, might have been a tad misjudged in terms of offering refunds but after all the money he’s put in and all the personal abuse he’s had, I think he’s earned the right to get p.issed off, in any case, nobody has died have they!! 

Yep...nobody has died.

He still shouldn't have made the offer, regardless of how frustrated he is.

Seems like he's far too close to this and hasn't got thick enough skin to cope with the criticism. Perhaps a step back wouldn't be such a bad thing?

It was a stupid offer made to an even more stupid request. As demonstrated by this thread it gives his critics even more ammunition to fire back at him.

Bloody viscous circle.  

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Is that why they have requested it?

I have no idea

Do you?

Oh come off it.

The people who have requested will have done so because they're not happy about how we are performing on the pitch

Just now, SiJ said:

Yep...nobody has died.

He still shouldn't have made the offer, regardless of how frustrated he is.

Seems like he's far too close to this and hasn't got thick enough skin to cope with the criticism. Perhaps a step back wouldn't be such a bad thing?

It was a stupid offer made to an even more stupid request. As demonstrated by this thread it gives his critics even more ammunition to fire back at him.

Bloody viscous circle.  

Thought you got banned.

I'm more gutted today because I thought with the price of the cup replay game at £10, and the new manager and the new CEO and the invitation to fans to a fans meeting on Thursday, that the Chairman had finally started to get to grips with running our club successfully.

I saw light where previously there had been tactical periodisation

I saw hope that we could put all the tension behind us and crack on

I thought there was to be goodwill at the start of the new year and whilst we're still in our 150th Anniversary Year

Instead we get this 150th Anniversary Year Refund Offer

GUTTED

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Oh come off it.

The people who have requested will have done so because they're not happy about how we are performing on the pitch

I'm staggered you can make that statement as thought it's fact mate

People didn't even know about any refund offer till it was on Sky Sports News and the official website

Owlstalk Shop

I'm more gutted today because I thought with the price of the cup replay game at £10, and the new manager and the new CEO and the invitation to fans to a fans meeting on Thursday, that the Chairman had finally started to get to grips with running our club successfully.

I saw light where previously there had been tactical periodisation

I saw hope that we could put all the tension behind us and crack on

I thought there was to be goodwill at the start of the new year and whilst we're still in our 150th Anniversary Year

Instead we get this 150th Anniversary Year Refund Offer

GUTTED

The never ending attempts by you to sow the seeds of further discontent never cease to amaze.

I'm staggered you can make that statement as thought it's fact mate

People didn't even know about any refund offer till it was on Sky Sports News and the official website

So why do you think they want a refund?

Have you spoken directly to people who did?

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

I find this eminently believable. 

Something about "post, not poster"...

In other words: you get banned if you disagree with the site own....

Sorry, I'm doing it again.

My apologies.

Well its a lively place on here today isn't it.  Some of the arguments discussions do seem to have got confused and gone off at tangents somewhat, and there does appear to be strong vocal arguments on both sides. I am trying to summarise the main points in my head, but may need help

• Some fans demanded a refund on their season tickets, because presumably Carlos had not been sacked , the football was dire, and promotion was now a pipe dream
  • Chansiri offered a refund presumably to those disenchanted people, not really for people who had found times hard and needed a cash boost, although i assume they could also take up the offer to ease their burden if they wished
  • Chansiri added conditions, did anyone expect a £600 refund, a pat on the back, an apology and a see you next year hand shake?
  • The disenchanted are free to accept or decline Chansiri's offer (to which there is no legal entitlement as far as I am aware), but would forfeit discounted season tickets and loyalty points for the future in return
  • They would not be banned and could attend any time POTG

I agree that the demands for a refund should not have been made, and if genuine and not a flippant protest statement, shows a lack of support.  I also agree that the offer to refund should not have been made, Chansiri should have just kept his head down.  But is anyone really surprised that there are these conditions attached?  Thursday night will be interesting.

Be glad when the game kicks off on Friday night.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No
That's why I'm not stating as fact either way their reasoning

But people who want refunds for non-performance related issues wouldn't be offered them at any other club.

So why is offering them with harsh penalties so despicable in comparison?

I agree it'd be nice if everyone is dealt with on a case-by-case basis, and as I said before I think the club (and chairman) are willing to engage on that, but even if not, at least there's some sort of option there.