Westwood or Wildsmith

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

If fit Westwood all day long, better distribution, better talker to the back 4 and better shot stopper.

Wildsmith will be a good keeper in years to come will get better and better and may even be a better keeper than Westwood, if Westwood does not make it he will give his all and a derby could improve him as a player but at this moment in time Westwood is just better.

The one thing Westwood does not have over Wildsmith is distribution. Wildsmiths is significantly better. 

2 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

The one thing Westwood does not have over Wildsmith is distribution. Wildsmiths is significantly better. 

It's everyone personal view and I personally think he is better. If not really does it matter - no. He probably won't be fit anyway

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

I was cumin how littler we tested Huddersfield's backup keeper in the playoffs

Things getting a bit spicy over here? lol

Westwood should start if he is 100% fit, but only in that situation. Might be just me but I was getting pretty frustrated with him during the last derby as every time he conceded or we did something wrong he kept turning to the Kop and nodding or gesticulating - to me it looked like he was going 'right, NOW we'll get going, we've just been warming up until now' except repeatedly.

That said, I like Wildsmith but he's a clear second choice if it's a straight pick between the two.

• Haha 1

If fit, Westwood anyday of the week for me.

Okay, his distribution maybe poor, but he’s been our best player since he signed. You can hear him shout from the stands. I think that’s why the defence has been REALLY poor. He commands better than Joe.

Having said that, Joe has a big future (probably won’t be with us) He just needs more experience and reduce a few mistakes.

Wildsmith's done well, hard to fault him for our paper defence, plus as a local he'll probably be on fire for the derby? Didn't sound like Westwood was 100% anyway, and a fully fit Westwood would be the only reason for him to get his spot back right now. Westwood's made many strange decisions earlier this season to balance against Wildsmith's fumble against Boro.

36 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

If fit, Westwood anyday of the week for me.

Okay, his distribution maybe poor, but he’s been our best player since he signed. You can hear him shout from the stands. I think that’s why the defence has been REALLY poor. He commands better than Joe.

Having said that, Joe has a big future (probably won’t be with us) He just needs more experience and reduce a few mistakes.

why wouldn't it be with us ?

Wildsmith, played well in last few games. Has made one bad mistake but saved two penalties. Thought keeping was of good standard and beter than Westwoods form this season. he is not as good yet as Westwood at his best. on current form its Wildsmith.

16 hours ago, Kevan said:

Frankly this season so far, I've been very disappointed with Westwood.  I think his distribution has been appalling and he has wasted loads of time when taking goal kicks which doesn't help our rhythm.  Wildsmith's shot stopping has been excellent so far and he doesn't seem to waste anything like as much time.  

I think the time is fast approaching when Wildsmith will be first choice - although obviously that's going to be down to Jos.

Completely agree

22 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Considering Westwood can’t kick and his shambolic half fit performance against Pigs at our place there’s absolutely feck all chance I’d be throwing gloves at him this Friday

His deputy is the least of our worries

He didn't have a shambolic performance against them