Westwood or Wildsmith

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Who would you go with for the United game and why....

Westwood if fully fit for me but wouldn't have a problem with Wildsmith. Surely the lack of fit defenders who can move faster than snails pace is more of a concern?

If fit Westwood all day long, better distribution, better talker to the back 4 and better shot stopper.

Wildsmith will be a good keeper in years to come will get better and better and may even be a better keeper than Westwood, if Westwood does not make it he will give his all and a derby could improve him as a player but at this moment in time Westwood is just better.

Has to bro Westwood if fully fit. 

It's simple, he is the better keeper with more experience and organises the defence better. 

From what I've seen if Wildsnith he's a great shot stopper and good at 1v1's. Thing is most keepers are at this level. He does have age in his side and I do think he's decent. Just over the last couple of years I've seen him do some of the basics wrong. I will say his distribution is better and I think he will go on to play most his career in the top two divisions.

Currently if it is a straight pick between a fit Westwood and a fit Wildsmith I think you'd be crazy to go Wildsmith.

Wildsmith without a doubt. 
Westwood could be a bit rusty. And since when ever has a keeper got a free shot at steel city derby experience. Away from home, we aren't fighting to 2nd in the league again with them so would be mentally disaster if doesn't go well.
Need to start looking long term

Frankly this season so far, I've been very disappointed with Westwood.  I think his distribution has been appalling and he has wasted loads of time when taking goal kicks which doesn't help our rhythm.  Wildsmith's shot stopping has been excellent so far and he doesn't seem to waste anything like as much time.  

I think the time is fast approaching when Wildsmith will be first choice - although obviously that's going to be down to Jos.

• Like 1