Westwood or Wildsmith

49 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If fit Westwood all day long, better distribution, better talker to the back 4 and better shot stopper.

Wildsmith will be a good keeper in years to come will get better and better and may even be a better keeper than Westwood, if Westwood does not make it he will give his all and a derby could improve him as a player but at this moment in time Westwood is just better.

Better distribution?

Not too sure about that.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

50 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If fit Westwood all day long, better distribution, better talker to the back 4 and better shot stopper.

Wildsmith will be a good keeper in years to come will get better and better and may even be a better keeper than Westwood, if Westwood does not make it he will give his all and a derby could improve him as a player but at this moment in time Westwood is just better.

Better distribution ? Are you sniffing glue . Westwood’s distribution is appalling . 

Wildsmith has been the better keeper this season and deserves to keep his place 

1 hour ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Wildsmith deserves to keep his place

I agree he pulledoff some cracking saves .hiskicking isbetter than westwoods aswel

Wildsmith for me. purely for the fact that he doesnt just boot it straight out to the forewards who can't run so don't get to ther ball and win it back. Westwood has appalling distribution. Great vision and shot stopper but his distribution is probably the reason he isn't playing for a better team.

2 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Please can people stop saying Wildsmith doesn't deserve to lose his place.

These are goalkeepers, if fit you play the best one. Unless you're on a ridiculous run of clean sheets or ones form has severely dipped. It's not like any other position on the pitch. 

Why is a goalkeeper different to an outfielder?  Genuine question.

Wildsmith IMO, should play.

He's the man in possession of the shirt and has being playing very well.

I believe the derby won't effect him at all and he looks very calm and assured and a top class young keeper, to me.

Westwood has had injury and form concerns and also had a poor game against the pigs at home and which may also play on his mind here, if selected on Friday night, again IMO.

UTO.

50 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Westwood all day long. Widsmith is a prospect but at the moment Keiren is miles ahead of him if fit. 

Based on what ?  Genuine question btw

wildsmith has far better distribution and is more mobile .

westwood has been poor this season in between his usual injury lay offs . 

Surely those In form should keep the shirt ? 

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Based on what ?  Genuine question btw

wildsmith has far better distribution and is more mobile .

westwood has been poor this season in between his usual injury lay offs . 

Surely those In form should keep the shirt ? 

Going on form I’d still pick Westwood. 

May be poor this season but that is basing on what we’ve come to expect. Still easily our best keeoer

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

May be poor this season but that is basing on what we’ve come to expect. Still easily our best keeoer

It's one of those where whoever he picks we need to win otherwise it'll be 'should have played xxxxx' I reckon

If I was Wildsmith I'd be awake every night buzzing to be potentially playing in that game especially after recent peformances

Westwood might be rusty too after injury

It's almost a no-win situation and I'd not like to make the call that Jos is going to have to

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I’d still go wildsmith he’s been our player of the month over December ( not that it’s much to be proud of ) ....

i feel for the new guy because he’s inherited a poor , sickly squad with little money and little chance of shipping out the deadwood. He needs backing from the start 

1 hour ago, Tudders said:

Why is a goalkeeper different to an outfielder?  Genuine question.

Because it's the only position on the pitch where the majority of the time a mistake leads to a goal. Don't get me wrong both have a mistake in them, but Westwood many fewer imo.

It's also much harder to to exploit other positions as much as a keeper. I was cumin how littler we tested Huddersfield's backup keeper in the playoffs. I do however think Wildsmith is better than just a backup btw. Just not even close to westwoods ability, yet anyway