Poll: Who do you want as next manager...?

Who do YOU want for the next Sheffield Wednesday Manager?  

1,072 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for the next Sheffield Wednesday Manager?

• Steve McLaren
    • Gus Poyet
    • Lee Bullen
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Garry Monk
    • Paul Lambert
    • Lord George Snooty VII
    • Slaven Billic
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Gary Megson
    • Nicky Butt
    • Ryan Giggs
    • Nigel Pearson (even thought he's said he'd never work in the city his family live in)
    • Paul Hurst
    • Paul Clement
    • Danny Cowley
    • Dean Smith
    • Paulo Di Canio
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Simon Grayson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/18 at 09:00

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For me it is Pearson all the way but if we can't get his family to move then the other choice is a bit left field.

Ryan Giggs was an amazing player who I feel with the right club will be a better manager, he demand respect from players who play for him, the youth at the club will look up to him and want to perform for him, he has a lot of contacts and players will want to come and play for him. Add to that the Manchester United will be happy for their best young players to come to us to improve then and us. for me it would be a great signing if we could sell the club to him.

This season is not gone and can still be saved but the club structure and ethos can not be changed over night so the chairman and the club need to get behind him and in 12-18 month we could be a Premieship team but with a premiership structure behind it

Sorry room0035,can't buy into the Giggs "love" that some on here have. 

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Sorry room0035,can't buy into the Giggs "love" that some on here have. 

i want Pearson I watched him as a kid, the last Captain to win anything, he would bring the club and fans together and personally has the best CV of everyone linked, the Owls link is the last piece in the puzzle.

But other than him we go for a been there done it in a Clough or a young up and comer in Hurst but I also remember the disaster that was Danny Wilson's reign when the senior players did not respect this up and coming manager.

Giggs has a rare quality to have such respect and also the footballing contacts, the media and the public love him but we would struggle to get him. He has personal issues as we see in the papers but I feel we would be a good match for him and him for us. But we will find out in the coming weeks.

At the back of my mind though I can see DC going for the cheap option and keeping Bully.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

i want Pearson I watched him as a kid, the last Captain to win anything, he would bring the club and fans together and personally has the best CV of everyone linked, the Owls link is the last piece in the puzzle.Absolutely spot on.

But other than him we go for a been there done it in a Clough or a young up and comer in Hurst but I also remember the disaster that was Danny Wilson's reign when the senior players did not respect this up and coming manager.

Giggs has a rare quality to have such respect and also the footballing contacts, the media and the public love him but we would struggle to get him. He has personal issues as we see in the papers but I feel we would be a good match for him and him for us. But we will find out in the coming weeks.This is the bit that puzzles me, most ex-players have contacts,i would suggest Waddle has better contacts,being a travelled ex player,(not suggesting for a minute he become manager) i also wouldn't be so sure on the "public love him bit",a no managerial experience guy,is IMO not what we need right now.

At the back of my mind though I can see DC going for the cheap option and keeping Bully.Would that short termism, to allow Mr Chairman to find the right guy,really be that bad of an option ? 

I've got no time for Pearson. He's got a mixed record, and tends to have never 'roughed it' at clubs with no money. He also never speaks highly of us, so forget the 'one of our own' romanticism. 

Added to that he's a bit weird. Reminds me of Mr O'Reilly, PE teacher at Myers Grove in the 80s.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CEOwl said:

I've got no time for Pearson. He's got a mixed record, and tends to have never 'roughed it' at clubs with no money. He also never speaks highly of us, so forget the 'one of our own' romanticism. 

Added to that he's a bit weird. Reminds me of Mr O'Reilly, PE teacher at Myers Grove in the 80s.

Yes I was a Myers boy too saw O'Reilly a few years later after leaving down town with a lass young enough to be his daughter.

Mr Barlow and Farmer Giles where my two favourite teachers there

34 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I'll take your word with regards to "I've not seen that article but will have a read"(prior to me reading it,i don't even remember him as a player over here) if being a football nerd consists of swedish third division teams/managers,then perhaps i'll have to become "nerdy like" and scour scandinavian,south american,russian,chinese,azerbaijani etc leagues just in case some guy has had a few good years.

More to do with the occasional lower league FM save tbh.

You see people and have a nosey to see who they are.

I wasn't aware of him up to 2-3 years ago but since then I've been impressed with his record.

I can't watch the bit on BBC as no room on my phone to download the BBC app.

22 minutes ago, CEOwl said:

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Yes I was a Myers boy too saw O'Reilly a few years later after leaving down town with a lass young enough to be his daughter.

Mr Barlow and Farmer Giles where my two favourite teachers there

WISEWOOD WISEWOOD WISEWOOD WISEWOOD WISEWOOD

FFS.........lol

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

WISEWOOD WISEWOOD WISEWOOD WISEWOOD WISEWOOD

FFS.........lol

80's was before me but I seem to remember the Wisewood buses not getting the best treatment as they came through Myers Grove territory

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I wonder how many of the 128 who have voted for Fonseca actually know who he is and what he has actually achieved.

Or more to the point, how many more would have voted for him, if they knew a little more about him

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I may risk warning points.

But he doesn't half remind me of Carl, who works with Homer Simpson at the Nuclear Factory. 

Anyway. Enough jibba jabba.

BUL2.png.e0234d7d63ff75305b73821bc07c1218.pngbull.png.5b227376a85040cbf264f5ebdecb8008.png

BRILLIANT ! 

If Lee's philosophy of how to play football in this league had been adopted at the beginning of the season, we would now be in an automatic spot ! 

Play positive, forward thinking football with players in their best positions, playing to their strengths............Simples ! 

• Like 1