Poll: Who do you want as next manager...?

Who do YOU want for the next Sheffield Wednesday Manager?  

1,072 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for the next Sheffield Wednesday Manager?

• Steve McLaren
    • Gus Poyet
    • Lee Bullen
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Garry Monk
    • Paul Lambert
    • Lord George Snooty VII
    • Slaven Billic
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Gary Megson
    • Nicky Butt
    • Ryan Giggs
    • Nigel Pearson (even thought he's said he'd never work in the city his family live in)
    • Paul Hurst
    • Paul Clement
    • Danny Cowley
    • Dean Smith
    • Paulo Di Canio
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Simon Grayson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/18 at 09:00

1 minute ago, lancashireowl said:

Bielsa, would bring excitement and revolutionary style of play to our club who have been boring to watch for too long.

He favours the same style as Carlos used when he first came, the set up that so many of our opponents now use As someone who wrote a manual on playing that way, I will never understand why Carlos changed to that dreadful 4-4-2

9 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

There's a few in the list I'd be happy with and I'd back them all if appointed but how about Graham Potter?

Not on the list but a realistic option with proven success over the last few years.

Prior to the article about him from the national bbc football page,had you heard of him and what he had "achieved" ?

We all have our opinions and favourites based on various reasons , As long as we improve on and off the pitch I’m in , but it can’t be playing the Carlos way the last season and half , I cannot put up with that anymore , so I don’t care who we get as long as I enjoy watching our style of play really .

16 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Prior to the article about him from the national bbc football page,had you heard of him and what he had "achieved" ?

I've not seen that article but will have a read.

I'd heard of him as I'm a football nerd but what's not to like that since 2011 -

3 promotions 

1 cup win 

And the biggest thing for me holding there own in europa league.

Who on the list has had as much success over the last few years?

For me it is Pearson all the way but if we can't get his family to move then the other choice is a bit left field.

Ryan Giggs was an amazing player who I feel with the right club will be a better manager, he demand respect from players who play for him, the youth at the club will look up to him and want to perform for him, he has a lot of contacts and players will want to come and play for him. Add to that the Manchester United will be happy for their best young players to come to us to improve then and us. for me it would be a great signing if we could sell the club to him.

This season is not gone and can still be saved but the club structure and ethos can not be changed over night so the chairman and the club need to get behind him and in 12-18 month we could be a Premieship team but with a premiership structure behind it

29 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

I've not seen that article but will have a read.

I'd heard of him as I'm a football nerd but what's not to like that since 2011 -

3 promotions 

1 cup win 

And the biggest thing for me holding there own in europa league.

Who on the list has had as much success over the last few years?

I'll take your word with regards to "I've not seen that article but will have a read"(prior to me reading it,i don't even remember him as a player over here) if being a football nerd consists of swedish third division teams/managers,then perhaps i'll have to become "nerdy like" and scour scandinavian,south american,russian,chinese,azerbaijani etc leagues just in case some guy has had a few good years.

If I was in Chansiri's shoes then I'd be going for Dean Smith

Its an appointment which doesn't rock the boat, will have a far more attractive brand of football and will not require a major player overhaul.

I think Smith would fit the likes of Bannan, Wallace, Forestieri (when fit) and Hooper.

Dare I say it - I think Smith would get more from this squad than Carvalhal has managed.

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For me it is Pearson all the way but if we can't get his family to move then the other choice is a bit left field.

Ryan Giggs was an amazing player who I feel with the right club will be a better manager, he demand respect from players who play for him, the youth at the club will look up to him and want to perform for him, he has a lot of contacts and players will want to come and play for him. Add to that the Manchester United will be happy for their best young players to come to us to improve then and us. for me it would be a great signing if we could sell the club to him.

This season is not gone and can still be saved but the club structure and ethos can not be changed over night so the chairman and the club need to get behind him and in 12-18 month we could be a Premieship team but with a premiership structure behind it

We could become Salford FC 's feeder club eventually lol

• Haha 2