Poll: Who do you want as next manager...?

Who do YOU want for the next Sheffield Wednesday Manager?  

1,072 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for the next Sheffield Wednesday Manager?

• Steve McLaren
    • Gus Poyet
    • Lee Bullen
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Garry Monk
    • Paul Lambert
    • Lord George Snooty VII
    • Slaven Billic
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Gary Megson
    • Nicky Butt
    • Ryan Giggs
    • Nigel Pearson (even thought he's said he'd never work in the city his family live in)
    • Paul Hurst
    • Paul Clement
    • Danny Cowley
    • Dean Smith
    • Paulo Di Canio
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Simon Grayson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/18 at 09:00

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

Need to hit the ground running next season, hence why if possible we appoint now and start that process

Are you suggesting that Bully couldn’t be the man for next season?  Personally I’d just like to see him given a chance, that’s all. If after a trial period it obviously wasn’t working then obviously look outside the club.

This current situation doesn’t feel that different to when Gray took over from Dave Jones. I seem to remember SG being our interim manager for quite a long run of games before MM gave him the job. If I was DC I’d be tempted to give Bully a similar chance.

• Like 1

Dean Smith - would seemingly excite the fans, may look at the lower leagues and plays good football.

Monk - impressed me at Swansea and Leeds, would need to go more direct but he knows the need for pace and strength. Rhodes would benefit.

McCarthy - Big character, experienced and gets teams organised and up there on a budget. Not pretty but functional.

Id be happy with any of the above

Fans are strange animals.

Looking at those figures, it rum that Fonseca's in the lead (he's never managed in this country before, and knows nowt about this league), Bullen's never managed in his life, Pearson doesn't want it, Hurst's never managed at this level, and Smith would be difficult to get.

The only name on the list who's available, knows this league (and us), has got a non-parachute club up,m and probably would come is Karanka.

And he comes in behind Ryan Giggs and Lord Snooty himself. lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Fans are strange animals.

Looking at those figures, it rum that Fonseca's in the lead (he's never managed in this country before, and knows nowt about this league), Bullen's never managed in his life, Pearson doesn't want it, Hurst's never managed at this level, and Smith would be difficult to get.

The only name on the list who's available, knows this league (and us), has got a non-parachute club up,m and probably would come is Karanka.

And he comes in behind Ryan Giggs and Lord Snooty himself. lol

To be honest reading Snoots pre match analysis and various other coaching /tactical posts

He deserves to be ahead on this merit maybe as "Bullens significant other "

Just now, Blue and white said:

Megson from the list but Slavisa Jokanovic would be my first shout. Can't believe he isn't on the list.

I did intend to put all the runners an riders on. 

The poll only allows 20

And Jokanovic is right down in 37th place with the bookies.

Maybe they think he wouldn't want to leave 'that London'

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

The poll only allows 20

It's up to Mr Chansiri to make it happen, he isn't happy at Fulham and would be perfect for us.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The poll only allows 20

Snoots, I think you undersell yourself and the dream ticket of you, assisted by around forty regular posters on OT would be the best option by far to be the new management team.:biggrin:

Just now, Eastleigh Owl said:

What about Eric Taylor and Alan Brown though Snoots

To be honest Eastleigh, thought this site does plumb the depths at times even we have to surely draw the line at exhumation in our quest to find the right blend of disciplinarian and visionary ground builder! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Megson from the list but Slavisa Jokanovic would be my first shout. Can't believe he isn't on the list.

But why would Jokanovic want to come here and leave West London?

He's in the Smoke, and Fulham are in a better league position than us.

Their team has cost even more to assemble than ours, and they went out at the semi-final stage last season as did we.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be honest Eastleigh, thought this site does plumb the depths at times even we have to surely draw the line at exhumation in our quest to find the right blend of disciplinarian and visionary ground builder! 

Dunno ive woke up next a to a few corpses in my time  or was it copses or both  happy days eh?:stuwinky:

• Haha 2

Just now, A12owl said:

You begged me for wanting Bullen .He knows the club NOW.

You say Pearson knows the club but it was 23 years ago that he last had any involvement with the club.  He had problems dealing with the owners at Leicester. 

Has he still got Wednesday in his blood like Bullen does?

But does that matter?

Plenty of managers have got clubs out of this league with which they previously had no affinity whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

FFS Snoots, really didn't have you down as disliking dead people, does that make you a deadist or summat?lol

• Haha 1