Poll: Who do you want as next manager...?

Who do YOU want for the next Sheffield Wednesday Manager?  

1,072 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for the next Sheffield Wednesday Manager?

• Steve McLaren
    • Gus Poyet
    • Lee Bullen
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Garry Monk
    • Paul Lambert
    • Lord George Snooty VII
    • Slaven Billic
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Gary Megson
    • Nicky Butt
    • Ryan Giggs
    • Nigel Pearson (even thought he's said he'd never work in the city his family live in)
    • Paul Hurst
    • Paul Clement
    • Danny Cowley
    • Dean Smith
    • Paulo Di Canio
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Simon Grayson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/18 at 09:00

Told by ex Bradford City full back yesterday that Phil Parkinson is likely to be on the move to another Championship club in January.

Bolton have had another winding up order served against them in December and he feels he's doing all he can with very little or no resources.

I got 100/1 before the odds drop.

Welcome home Gary Madine?

7 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

If you want a season of doing nothing more than trying to grind out one nil wins he must be your man.

His record in the Championship at Middlesbrough is fantastic considering they were fighting relegation when we was appointed, Boro didn't have parachute payments to spend but they finished in the playoffs the following season with a squad that relied heavily on loan players like Patrick Bamford, got beat in the final but was able to rebuild his squad and avoid a playoff hangover, went up in the automatic spots the following May following a final day show-down with promotion rival Brighton.

Guest Bulgaria
9 hours ago, glynnb said:

Must be Karanka for me pedigree wants a project had promotions. Excellent article on him in today's Times ticks all my boxes even lives in Yorkshire. Do worry about rhyming possibilities with his name if things go wrong.

I hope not, but i think you maybe correct, my money would be on him being appointed.

I could hear the collective sigh if he were appointed, he is not what we need IMHO. He would create zero enthusiasm with the vast majority of supporters and would not in my opinion give the place a lift which i think it desperately needs.

Big Mick for me.

Guest Bulgaria
18 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

We want someone who will bring in eastern European players, African players etc. These players will be relatively cheap and run their proverbials off for 90 minutes

I can confirm that after watching Eastern European football for nearly 14 years that Eastern Europeans do not run their proverbial s off.  Thats is unless someone at a distance is waving some pound notes.

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

I can confirm that after watching Eastern European football for nearly 14 years that Eastern Europeans do not run their proverbial s off.  Thats is unless someone at a distance is waving some pound notes.

Waving pound notes at footballers, whatever next

Warburtons been sacked at Forest now, we should avoid him as he's just another fraudster who has been found out, clueless with substitutions and tactics, picks his favourites also a lying money loving mercenary. We got rid of one clown, let's avoid another one. 

Edited by steveger

21 minutes ago, steveger said:

Warburtons been sacked at Forest now, we should avoid him as he's just another fraudster who has been found out, clueless with substitutions and tactics, picks his favourites also a lying money loving mercenary. We got rid of one clown, let's avoid another one. 

thats my slight worry with Smith. Is it the Brentford machine rather than the head coach?

the only time we have been successful (in the near recent history) is when we've had big name / big personality managers eg Charlton, Wilko, BFR

This appointment is probably the most important in the history of the club in terms of our non-long term fan owner (and son etc) keeping fully engaged in the future of the club

19 minutes ago, mike312 said:

I think we need to splash the cash and get a big name. We have big time charlies in our squad and we need someone big enough to manage them. Also someone with a bit of fire in their belly.

This is key for me. We need someone who will take them out of their comfort zone and isnt afraid to ruffle a few feathers in the dressing room. 

• Like 1

I would much rather have someone with hunger desperate to prove himself in the championship/premier than a big name wage earner.

As I said before it's really difficult because if your good at your job you're already managing a team and mnot out if work.

Please let's not rush into this, if Bullen needs to carry on till end of season so be it lets get this appointment right.

Fonseca or Di Canio lead right now...

Paulo Di Canio used to be on the telly here in the USA. I've listened to him talk. He might not be too bad a choice.

WRONG! My bad. Different guy. leaving my original post for the ages. 

For whatever reason I like McLaren as well.

Edited by pachyderm

Would like someone who feels for the club ,Its in his blood ,How many of us go through the day without texting to a mate or speak about Wednesday .I want a manager not just because it is a well paid job ,When we lose he mourns ,When we win he celebrates ,And when a player is not giving his all he gives him both barrels .