Winnall

Guest RocketOwl
2 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Yes ....once..... I'm well aware of you're love of JR and I'm afraid that it's looking very much that his best days are pretty much behind him I certainly believe they are.  He certainly won't ever be successful in our way of playing, imo of course.

Rhodes best days behind him? Nonsense just needs service,

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Winnall's a bully now.

Everyone seems to be itk about what's going on at Hillsborough today.

Tbf I've heard the suggestion from several people that Winnall is an absolute belltip of a bloke. 

3 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

If true can't argue with those stats but will stick to my firmly held view that he lacks skill. OK in a Barnsley team playing old fashioned football where heading it into the net is how they set up, but like Rhodes in most sides now he won't fit in.

Watched him closely with us couldn't hold difficult balls up couldn't play one twos at pace and frankly felt he was out of his depth in our quick passing type of game.

What??? - You mean the quick passing game we played 2 and a half seasons ago, as compared with the snoozefest type of game we play now??:biggrin::biggrin:

Guest RocketOwl
25 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Are you being facetious, Rocket?

Never. Rhodes is a proven striker at this level from three seasons ago. We should be building our team around him. 

I think Winnall did OK for us and I was suprised when he went on loan and I'd like him back after please.

No idea if he is a bad apple / bully or not really, though I would certainly hope not. I do know though that a little bit of 'dog' and more fighting spirit wouldn't go amiss at all in our side right now.

I was also on Winnall's side over the 'fallout' with FF, whose character I personally would question myself over Winnall's and that's only by what I know factually and not by what I think I know.

Yeah, I still don't forgive FF for refusing to play for us - absolute disgrace and I can't help thinking how much s!!t and damage that did at the club. I do also believe FF will be off at his next reasonable opportunity.

UTO

4 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Whether or not he's a troublemaker, whether or not he's a training ground bully, whether or not he's a bad apple is utterly irrelevant because he's not a good enough player no matter how many he's scored for Derby.

Lacks the level of skill for where we want to be.....at some point in the future

Good player to have in a relegation dogfight, lets bring him back

11 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Yes ....once..... I'm well aware of you're love of JR and I'm afraid that it's looking very much that his best days are pretty much behind him I certainly believe they are.  He certainly won't ever be successful in our way of playing, imo of course.

Jordan Rhodes has had a single chance in the last two matches and buried it.

The fact Carlos thinks his way of playing is so good that the players have to adapt to his way is a F*cking joke.

We have proven goal scorers in Hooper and Rhodes and neither of them are getting chances. The manager is clueless about getting the best out of this squad.

Guest Copthorneowl
5 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Jordan Rhodes has had a single chance in the last two matches and buried it.

The fact Carlos thinks his way of playing is so good that the players have to adapt to his way is a F*cking joke.

We have proven goal scorers in Hooper and Rhodes and neither of them are getting chances. The manager is clueless about getting the best out of this squad.

Agree with all you say but Rhodes has been poor despite his odd goal if you don't think so then we're miles apart. We should be judging Rhodes on today's Rhodes not what he's done over the years and whilst I agree the way we play makes strikers look poor he's simply failed to deliver or look remotely like delivering.fact ...imo. 

I also agree greed with your comments on Carlos.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Guest Copthorneowl
6 hours ago, flo said:

:laugh: In our quick passing type of game.

Your response to that quote indicates you didn't think we played that way and is not relevant to what we were doing when Winall was around.

At that time and most of last year we were playing short passes and quick one twos up front among our attacking players ...many complained we fannied around too much doing so instead of shooting more often.

People have short memories your comment suggests as much. Winall in my humble opinion was incapable of doing so at the same skill level of Hooper, Fletcher and Nando that's why I said it and stand by it despite you and @Kevan thinking otherwise but there we are - just opinions and how others see things.

For the reason Winall couldn't cope with those skill levels I don't rate him and will be certain Derby wont keep him and if he comes back to us neither will we imo.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Understandably fans are looking everywhere for the answer to our troubles. Joao, Nuhiu and now Winnall are all getting a better and better reputation as our season tumbles.

But Winnall couldn't hold down a place, had a poor scoring record for us, and now can't get a kick at Derby. No idea if he has personality issues, but for me he was never a good Championship team striker.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I have a friend who works in the offices at Barnsley - and before our game there last season (that he scored in) Winnall was in the offices bad mouthing our team and Carlos

He's a good player at what he does, same with Rhodes.

Our problem is this, we identify and sign good players who often have just had a decent season with the previous club (nothing wrong with that), but inserted of picking players with attributes that complemented our way of playing, we end up ripping out all the things that made them good players and force our method on them so everything that made them good is lost.