Winnall

On 16/12/2017 at 19:05, Bluesteel said:

Winnall isn’t good enough but scores plenty of goals in this league. Work that one out 

Sums up some of our absolutely ridiculous fan base  TBH. A striker's job is to score goals. Winnall's record in the Champ. is almost 1 goal every 2 games yet he's no good for us because he lacks 'skill'. Some of our fans have got the team they utterly deserve...

• Like 4

He didn't get a chance of a run of games in our squad.  He's a battler and a goalscorer.

A questionable attitude in our sensitive setup won't work.  Lots of good players have had questionable attitudes.  Under a tougher gaffer i think he'd have a place and we'd see some of the other lads, who want a constant arm around them, kicking up and up being shipped out.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
On 16/12/2017 at 15:48, TINKERBELL said:

Bit of a bully to younger players allegedly 

I've heard it was him behind the bullying of Iain lee on I'm a celebrity. Heard it from a bloke in hillsborough park. All I had to do was buy him another bottle of cider.

Edited by Jack the Hat
Didn't want to accuse people of bullying

Guest Copthorneowl
8 hours ago, Almat said:

Sums up some of our absolutely ridiculous fan base  TBH. A striker's job is to score goals. Winnall's record in the Champ. is almost 1 goal every 2 games yet he's no good for us because he lacks 'skill'. Some of our fans have got the team they utterly deserve...

All opinions Mr Almat that's all I don't rate him simple as that you do simple as that.

As for the team we deserve comment you might wan to reflect on why my opinion is ridiculous and yours isn't.

I predict Derby won't keep him and if he comes back we'll get rid. Let's see and I'll willingly re quote this comment if that doesn't happen.

4 hours ago, brando said:

I'D rather have him than Joao,Nuhui,Fletcher,Rhodes,Wallace do I need to go on,kid knows where the net is simple!!

Shame he can’t work out how to get off Derby’s bench then innit 

42 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

At this moment in time he'd certainly improve our current pool of strikers. Hooper and Rhodes doesn't work as a partnership and with Fletcher out injured he'd be in my current first 11.

Hooper and Rhodes have scored 6 goals in their recent six and a half games together.

Thats said, three goals came in a 433 v Ipswich and Hull.

On 16/12/2017 at 19:14, SiJ said:

Tbf I've heard the suggestion from several people that Winnall is an absolute belltip of a bloke. 

Unfortunately, I've heard from some very good sources the same too ..

you don't get held up against the lockers by the throat for being a nice bloke ...

30 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Unfortunately, I've heard from some very good sources the same too ..

you don't get held up against the lockers by the throat for being a nice bloke ...

By whom ? 

(Pm if you want) 

Derby fan here coming in peace! Not sure where news of a bust up between Winnall and Vydra has come from, no noise around that among Derby fans that I am aware of! Winnall is a scrapper and has a habbit of popping up in the right place at the right time, but I can't see Rowett keeping him past his loan period based on how we currently set the team up. Winnall looks like an impact sub or a decent back up option at best, I can't see us dropping a big transfer fee on him.

I would imagine we will end up with Butterfield back (unless he has become something other than a ponderous lump with no ideas that scores the odd screamer) and both clubs will be back to square one with regards to these two players.

31 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

Derby fan here coming in peace! Not sure where news of a bust up between Winnall and Vydra has come from, no noise around that among Derby fans that I am aware of! Winnall is a scrapper and has a habbit of popping up in the right place at the right time, but I can't see Rowett keeping him past his loan period based on how we currently set the team up. Winnall looks like an impact sub or a decent back up option at best, I can't see us dropping a big transfer fee on him.

I would imagine we will end up with Butterfield back (unless he has become something other than a ponderous lump with no ideas that scores the odd screamer) and both clubs will be back to square one with regards to these two players.

I made it up. It was an attempt at humour, referencing his training ground bust-up with Forestieri earlier in the season.

15 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

I made it up. It was an attempt at humour, referencing his training ground bust-up with Forestieri earlier in the season.

Well that sailed right over my head! For what it's worth Rowett seems to like Winnall and his attitude, but the way we set up makes it unlikely that we will drop a serious fee on him.

1 hour ago, HelloThere said:

Wait, what? Haven't seen any signs of that yet (the scoring I mean!)

• Haha 1