Winnall

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

Heard it from two different clubs employees 

I have heard a few bad things reference attitude both here and at Derby, but I’ve also heard he’s just not very good 

Guest Copthorneowl

Whether or not he's a troublemaker, whether or not he's a training ground bully, whether or not he's a bad apple is utterly irrelevant because he's not a good enough player no matter how many he's scored for Derby.

Lacks the level of skill for where we want to be.....at some point in the future

Edited by Copthorneowl

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

Whether or not he's a troublemaker, whether or not he's a training ground bully, whether or not he's a bad apple is utterly irrelevant because he's not a good enough player no matter how many he's scored for Derby.

Lacks the level of skill for where we want to be. 

Maybe. 21 goals in 48 championship games though since the start of last season. How many players have that many? 

Guest Copthorneowl
5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Maybe. 21 goals in 48 championship games though since the start of last season. How many players have that many? 

If true can't argue with those stats but will stick to my firmly held view that he lacks skill. OK in a Barnsley team playing old fashioned football where heading it into the net is how they set up, but like Rhodes in most sides now he won't fit in.

Watched him closely with us couldn't hold difficult balls up couldn't play one twos at pace and frankly felt he was out of his depth in our quick passing type of game.

Edited by Copthorneowl

6 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Lacks the level of skill for where we want to be.....at some point in the future

Well, I agree with you. He’s all gusto is Winnall but he’s definitely raw. But what about our other strikers, except Hooper? If you watch Rhodes all round game, it’s absolutely dreadful. 

Guest RocketOwl
5 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

If true can't argue with those stats but will stick to my firmly held view that he lacks skill. OK in a Barnsley team playing old fashioned football where heading it into the net is how they set up, but like Rhodes in most sides now he won't fit in.

Watched him closely with us couldn't hold difficult balls up couldn't play one twos at pace and frankly felt he was out of his depth in our quick passing type of game.

Rhodes scored loads in this league once.

Guest Copthorneowl
5 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Rhodes scored loads in this league once.

Yes ....once..... I'm well aware of you're love of JR and I'm afraid that it's looking very much that his best days are pretty much behind him I certainly believe they are.  He certainly won't ever be successful in our way of playing, imo of course.

Edited by Copthorneowl