Boyd and the Wednesday mystery

10 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Boyd got a shoulder injury. The thing about 'running too much' was a kiiiiiinda joke that really didn't scan well IMO - it came literally a fortnight after CC going on about how amazing Lee was with all his running, then Lee's hip fell off. I saw the Boyd comment as somewhat wry.

Abdi a completely different story IMO, he's done in - even if he gets fit, I don't see him coming back from such an absence with any real force at his age. Would LOVE to be proven wrong.

a lot of our players have got such a comfy lifestyle contracts for life ,so someone like abdi probably aint got the desire like a player on his last 6 months of contract to prove himself. that's the biggest problem we have I'm sure is its all too comfortable for our players all on long lucrative contracts big houses, fast cars set for life. 

16 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

The manager, and his coaching techniques, got us to a play off final and the play offs in consecutive seasons, yeah, reight clown eh??   

Give your head a wobble boy.

Two play-off failures and now 15th in December, 10 points off the top 6. 

We've achieved nothing and won nothing, but I'm glad you had a lovely day out at Wembley and enjoyed the experience of those 2 play-off games against Huddersfield. You'll not be getting the play-offs again under Carlos so best cherish such precious memories, boy. 

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 2

Yeah Dave, we may be playing the worst, most boring negative football since Irvine was here despite having the highest paid squad and highest matchday ticket prices in our history, be 15th in the table and 10 points behind the playoffs by December with absolutely no sign of improvement when the season's objective is promotion - but stop knee jerking lol

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Two play-off failures and now 15th in December, 10 points off the top 6. 

We've achieved nothing and won nothing, but I'm glad you had a lovely day out at Wembley and enjoyed the experience of those 2 play-off games against Huddersfield. You'll not be getting the play-offs again under Carlos so best cherish such precious memories, boy. 

Agreed.

I can forgive Carlos for Wembley, although we didn't turn up, I think Hull were a better side all over. 

But last seasons 4th place finish was a failure. Play Offs were there for the taking and we bottled it.

This season absolute disaster.

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed.

I can forgive Carlos for Wembley, although we didn't turn up, I think Hull were a better side all over. 

But last seasons 4th place finish was a failure. Play Offs were there for the taking and we bottled it.

This season absolute disaster.

Give your head a wobble lass, we once beat Arsenal 3-0 in the cup and Carlos gave 30 minute interviews on Sky so our current season and the fact we are still in this league with nothing to show for our endeavours is irrelevant. Do you want Dave Allen back or sumthin is that it? Or are you a dirty little piggy? Yes you gotta be an oinker, scared to death of the thrashing you are gonna get at Brammal Lane soon. Get ready to be outplayed around the back four and have less possession than us, that'll teach you piggy.,.

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Carry on knee jerking boy, do you sling your dinner against the wall if it’s 10 minutes late as well?

Knee jerk :laugh:

"15th in the league and 10 points off the play-offs - this is GREAT!!"

People like you are why this club will never win anything and never go anywhere. Happy for crippling mediocrity. Happy to look back on two failed campaigns because you had a nice day out. 

Absolute moron.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

People like you are why this club will never win anything and never go anywhere. Happy for crippling mediocrity. Happy to look back on two failed campaigns because you had a nice day out. 

Absolute moron.

Not just that but the performances are dire and there's no energy/desire/willingness to improve from anywhere. Oh, and the manager seems to have no idea how to change that.

9 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Absolute moron.

21 games Dave. It’s only 21 games. 

We’ve only dropped 36 points. 

We only need to win the next SIX games to just match our points total from last season after 27 games. 

Carlos has only had more money to spend than any manager in our history.

Stop knee jerking. 

27 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Not just that but the performances are dire and there's no energy/desire/willingness to improve from anywhere. Oh, and the manager seems to have no idea how to change that.

I don't know about Carlos having no idea how to change that.

IMO it's the negative, defensive, slow, boring style of play he insists on sticking to that has caused this.:sad:

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Absolute moron.

Oh do expand on that f.ookin' ridiculous premise Dave........

What sodding difference would it make if 27'000 Owls fans sang  "We're gonna win the league"

Doesn't make one 'apporth of difference

Its the attitude of the Chairman , the Coach and the players...Fans have no choice in the direction, bar paying on the gate and shoutin'...That worked out well didn't it?

Its people like the ones we have in charge who hold the whip hand..and they are royally f.ookin' it up

The thing that worries me is not just the number of players bought in by Carlos then being 'long-term injured' This is NO NEW THING, and is not just applicable to Carlos.

I well remember as far back as a winger we bought a long while ago, who played very few games with us before he picked up a career ending injury, despite his spending every day running from bottom to top of the old , uncovered Kop.One Eddie Kilshaw.

The thin that worries me is the frequency such things occur., and why?

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Oh do expand on that f.ookin' ridiculous premise Dave........

What sodding difference would it make if 27'000 Owls fans sang  "We're gonna win the league"

Doesn't make one 'apporth of difference

Its the attitude of the Chairman , the Coach and the players...Fans have no choice in the direction, bar paying on the gate and shoutin'...That worked out well didn't it?

Its people like the ones we have in charge who hold the whip hand..and they are royally f.ookin' it up

I think you grossly underestimate the impact 27,000 fans (or 27,000 paying customers, if it helps to look at it that way) can have on those who set the direction of the club.

Put it this way, I'm immensley glad we don't have 27,000 who are happy with the way this team has been playing, with the results we've been getting or are happy to be 15th after 21 matches in our third attempt at a promotion season. 

I think it's important for us as fans to hold the club to a higher set of standards than the likes of Finlux_Cup are happy to blindly accept, and thankfully these people are a minority. 

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I like how people refer to the dark days of Allen to justify us being this bobbar right now. How bobbar we was 15 years ago is irrelevant. 

100%

Again, it's just low standards. 

Settling for anything and getting nothing as a result, just because it's not quite as bad as it was then. 

As fans I think we have been asked to contribute enough to be able to expect more in return than merely to exist at a slightly higher standard than when we almost went bust. 

On 13/12/2017 at 19:07, bigash_swfc said:

Dare we even imagine

- - - - - Hooper - - - - - 

Forestieri - Abdi - Boyd

- Hutchinson - Bannan- - 

Probably be too creative mind

:goalie:

Be be interesting to see how many of these miraculously throw down their crutches and are back fit if we get a new manager. Can’t help but think some of these must be milking it. What motivation have you got to work hard and get fit, only to come back to this mess

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

6 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Absolute moron.

so the 8000 supporters who stuck with the club in there darkest hour  were to blame for it lasting so long and we have to thank the 20000 who stayed away when the good times came back as unsurprisingly so  did the  20000.

Edited by torryowl