Boyd and the Wednesday mystery

1 minute ago, lincolnowl said:

Remember a couple of weeks into the season when Carlos told Boyd, who near enough topped the charts for distance covered in the PL. last season that he shouldn’t run as much? 

Or when he told him he couldn’t play in a diamond but Ross Wallace can? 

Bizarre. 

This.  Some odd personnel notes from the gaffer pre-injury.  

It’s hard to believe that we have so many injuries that players struggle to recover from. They only train for 1 and a half hours a day. Cant imagine they are smashing into tackles ect. We never see a smashing tackle in a game.. And I bet they don’t train every day. Maybe if they did double training sessions we wouldn’t be so out of shape and keep getting injuries.. 

I think he got a bit of a surprise coming from Dyches fitness routine to CCs 5-aside training. 

Not saying that caused his absence though, he didn’t look particularly settled when he did play. Another experienced professional struggling to adapt to our “way of playing”.

Edited by Bluesteel

45 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

Remember a couple of weeks into the season when Carlos told Boyd, who near enough topped the charts for distance covered in the PL. last season that he shouldn’t run as much? 

Or when he told him he couldn’t play in a diamond but Ross Wallace can? 

Bizarre. 

I remember one passing comment, not said by Carlos, but by Jones hinting at it.

And I remember when Carlos specifically said that he wanted to rest Boyd for the cup game, and they have players better suited to the midfield diamond.

It's amazing how these otherwise benign statements manage to take on a complete life of their own

10 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Making what up? It’s quite obvious that Carlos is a p**s poor man manager

and yet you never hear the players slagging him or banging on about wanting a transfer like you do at  other clubs ,when we offer them new contracts they all seem keen to sign . you'd think with the crap way he treats them they'd being queuing up to leave ...........

21 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Making what up? It’s quite obvious that Carlos is a p**s poor man manager

You suggest Carlos is to blame for the fact that Boyd has not played yet the club say he is injured.

I am just trying to understand why Carlos is to blame for that or if you think they are telling lies

What has that got to Carlos and his man management?

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

You suggest Carlos is to blame for the fact that Boyd has not played yet the club say he is injured.

I am just trying to understand why Carlos is to blame for that or if you think they are telling lies

What has that got to Carlos and his man management?

Missing the point fella. 

He came to us with a decent reputation and surprise, surprise under CC he’s turned into another flop, injured or not he probably would have still ended up being frozen out because that’s how Carlos goes about his business...

The fact he is injured isn’t relevant to me.

Just like after the Norwich game when he said Abdi was injured... Seriously who cares if he is injured or not because he still wouldn’t have got a look in.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, torryowl said:

and yet you never hear the players slagging him or banging on about wanting a transfer like you do at  other clubs ,when we offer them new contracts they all seem keen to sign . you'd think with the crap way he treats them they'd being queuing up to leave ...........

Players these days have only one loyalty and that is money.

Could it be more of the case that these "contented happy souls" know for sure they couldn't get as much anywhere else as clubs that would pay more wouldn't necessarily want them?

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Missing the point fella. 

He came to us with a decent reputation and surprise, surprise under CC he’s turned into another flop, injured or not he probably would have still ended up being frozen out because that’s how Carlos goes about his business...

Just like after the Norwich game when he said Abdi was injured... Seriously who cares if he is injured or not because he still wouldn’t have got a look in.

if carlos goes about his business freezing out players how do we manage to get 11 on the pitch every week ..... by my reckoning we have 27 players only dawson and fred  of them havnt played this season .

1 minute ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Players these days have only one loyalty and that is money.

Could it be more of the case that these "contented happy souls" know for sure they couldn't get as much anywhere else as clubs that would pay more wouldn't necessarily want them?

could be but then again it could  be that they are happy to be part of the squad .... none of us know do we ?

38 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Its not all rosy in that dressing room and aint been for some time. I'm not saying who has told me 1-2 things but most clubs do have disagreements amongst players.as for players not banging on door to leave well if your abdi on 35k plus a wk or fletcher on 40k or Rhodes on 50k you aint all that fussed whether you play or not when your earning double what any other club would pay them at this minute for there performances or non performances .

16 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Missing the point fella. 

So you are effectively saying the club is telling lies because you describe him as a flop because of Carlos and even though I think Carlos should go I don't blame him for injuries. You seem to think Abdi is 100% fit and raring to go and Carlos is telling lies here as well

Do you really think Boyd's agent would let the club say his client is injured when he isn't .

Boyd played every away game until he was injured and the home games where we played a flat back four. You describe that as frozen out. 

Now you tell me you know that even if Boyd wasn't injured you know Carlos wouldn't have played him. How can you possibly know that.

As I say I think Carlos should go but at least I am looking at facts not fantasy .