Boyd and the Wednesday mystery

3 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

What's the mystery?

The manager is a clown and the coaching is garbage. 

The list of players who have come here with pedigree elsewhere and done absolutely nothing is frightening. 

Boyd played 36 matches in the Premier League LAST SEASON, comes here and is a total non entity. 

What does any of that have to do with him injuring his shoulder?

7 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Its not all rosy in that dressing room and aint been for some time. I'm not saying who has told me 1-2 things but most clubs do have disagreements amongst players.as for players not banging on door to leave well if your abdi on 35k plus a wk or fletcher on 40k or Rhodes on 50k you aint all that fussed whether you play or not when your earning double what any other club would pay them at this minute for there performances or non performances .

i'm sure every dressing room in the world has disagreements among players don't mean to say that's down to Carlos's man management .......I asked this the other day on here and no one answered so i'll ask you . how do you know what the players earn ?

36 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Missing the point fella. 

He came to us with a decent reputation and surprise, surprise under CC he’s turned into another flop, injured or not he probably would have still ended up being frozen out because that’s how Carlos goes about his business...

The fact he is injured isn’t relevant to me.

Just like after the Norwich game when he said Abdi was injured... Seriously who cares if he is injured or not because he still wouldn’t have got a look in.

He's not had a chance to flop yet....he's injured, so yes the injury is relevant...can't we wait & see what happens when he's fit before slagging off CC over it.

12 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

You made the "happy campers" assertion, I was merely putting forward an alternative theory as to why we have become the Hotel California of Championship squads. 

are you mixing me up with someone else ....I have never said thy are "happy campers"

2 hours ago, East coast owl said:

It’s hard to believe that we have so many injuries that players struggle to recover from. They only train for 1 and a half hours a day. Cant imagine they are smashing into tackles ect. We never see a smashing tackle in a game.. And I bet they don’t train every day. Maybe if they did double training sessions we wouldn’t be so out of shape and keep getting injuries.. 

Can you tell me who is so out of shape

4 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

2 things;

- You missed my follow up post where I qualified this a bit. There were definitely rumblings of something not looking or feeling right about Boyd before he was injured. I distinctly recall it feeling a bit "Same song and dance" before he became perpetually injured. There are players here - GOOD players - who have looked utterly lost before falling down an injury black hole and this just feels the same again.

- My post said the coaching is garbage and I stand by that. I absolutely include stuff like fitness and conditioning in that. I don't think we are fit enough, I don't think we prepare properly and I don't think this repeated problem of losing players to long term injury, that sometimes roll on and on without update, is a coincidence. 

Bang on. 

Boyd got a shoulder injury. The thing about 'running too much' was a kiiiiiinda joke that really didn't scan well IMO - it came literally a fortnight after CC going on about how amazing Lee was with all his running, then Lee's hip fell off. I saw the Boyd comment as somewhat wry.

Abdi a completely different story IMO, he's done in - even if he gets fit, I don't see him coming back from such an absence with any real force at his age. Would LOVE to be proven wrong.

10 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

What's the mystery?

The list of players who have come here with pedigree elsewhere and done absolutely nothing is frightening. 

Boyd played 36 matches in the Premier League LAST SEASON, comes here and is a total non entity. 

So you completely agree and then neg the post. Are you carlos

Barnsley sign no player above 25, while Watford only give 1 year contracts to those above 30.

Aint hard. Buy pensioners, they 'll get injured.

And if Boyd was so great for Burnley, why did they get rid? Even as just  a squad player. 

Was he already injured? Dito Abdi from Watford, D'Arby et al?

15 hours ago, jfr142 said:

Asked a Burnley mate when we signed boyd. He said hes brilliant. Amazing engine and will play every game. Gets to us and crocked in weeks. 

Coinsidence??

Yes, it probably really is just a coincidence, these things do happen in football.

Boyd rarely got injured at Burnley, picked up a shoulder injury here which required surgery.

Steve MacLean was a penalty king for us, never missed one. On his debut for Cardiff after leaving us - he missed a penalty.

15 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

What's the mystery?

Last time I checked, people cant play straight after shoulder surgery. What on earth do you expect him to do about that!!

My car had a nightmare in the snow this morning... flipping get a grip Carols!! 

They'd sold out of brown bread at the Tesco Express this morning... Carlos has got to go

Someone used the last staple in the stapler at work and I had to go and get some from the stationary cupboard... FFS Carlos

I left my lunch in the fridge at home and now i've got to go out and buy some more... Carlos' fault

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Dare we even imagine

- - - - - Hooper - - - - - 

Forestieri - Abdi - Boyd

- Hutchinson - Bannan- - 

Probably be too creative mind

You do know that isn't 4-4-2? Carlos says we play 4-4-2 and nothing else. I agree with this formation but if we have everyone fit he's still going to stick a striker next to Hooper no matter how many times it never leads to goals.

That Is definitely our best formation. Shame we never see it anymore.

2 hours ago, ramone said:

Last time I checked, people cant play straight after shoulder surgery. What on earth do you expect him to do about that!!

My car had a nightmare in the snow this morning... flipping get a grip Carols!! 

They'd sold out of brown bread at the Tesco Express this morning... Carlos has got to go

Someone used the last staple in the stapler at work and I had to go and get some from the stationary cupboard... FFS Carlos

I left my lunch in the fridge at home and now i've got to go out and buy some more... Carlos' fault

Hilarious, but as has been stated a number of times in the thread by myself and others, this isn't all to do with the injury is it, and people aren't just referring to the period where has been injured.

And, lets face it, it's not just Boyd is it.

Melo ended up with his own meme because nobody had a f*cking clue where he was.

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Hilarious, but as has been stated a number of times in the thread by myself and others, this isn't all to do with the injury is it, and people aren't just referring to the period where has been injured.

And, lets face it, it's not just Boyd is it.

Melo ended up with his own meme because nobody had a f*cking clue where he was.

Boyd was injured early in the season (the start of September) and hasn't featured since as he's been injured.

If people are going to use this as a stick to beat the manager with, at least get things right. He played some games, he was left out of some games. Exactly what i'd expect to see with a new player. The fact he injured his shoulder and had to have it operated on is nobodies fault and to suggest anything different is a bit silly if you ask me. But hey, thats just my view

Edited by ramone

14 hours ago, torryowl said:

i'm sure every dressing room in the world has disagreements among players don't mean to say that's down to Carlos's man management .......I asked this the other day on here and no one answered so i'll ask you . how do you know what the players earn ?

I don't think anyone knows what players are earning here cause its so in house. but certain things have come out in past and also other clubs are not so secretive regards there club ,I read that Rhodes was on 60k at boro based on fact that he cost them 10-12 million would almost certainly make that correct and I'm guessing he is on 50k a week here . regarding fletcher he was once a 12 million pound player playing at sunderland  so again its a good guess to say he was on 50-60k a week there I think he is on 35-40k a week here without any doubt, no wonder he signed a contract with us so early pre season 2016 . regards rest its guessing but its fair to say we have 12 plus players on 25k a week plus. once our accounts are out end of feb 2018 you I'm sure will see our wages going upto appx 25 million ,which short to medium term is crippling us regarding going forward or having a change of manager and freshening up playing squad.