What can we salvage?

Guest Jack the Hat

Guest everydays_wednesday
3 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

6th is possible if things change right now....

The blades are on a decline so that 6th spot is up for grabs.

If things change with or without carlos.....who knows, but things do need to change. 

Blades may be in decline but problem is there are 6 other teams between us and them all wanting what we want......so things need to change at 7 other clubs and ours.....not likely to happen.

Our problems are not just managerial That’s not to say that a change of manager won’t help, it may well do

We are, despite the chairman’s best intentions, badly run from the top down 

As for what we can salvage, I’d try and have clear out and look to replenish the coffers It won’t be easy, and we’ll probably have to take a hit on players like Rhodes, Abdi and Reach However, it needs to be done, if only to give any potential new manager a chance to bring in his own players

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
15 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Lots to salvage.

Carlos is dead in the water.

Bring in a new Manager, and use January to build for next season.

Have a good positive second half to the season, and then start well and on the front foot next season.

Agreed but only if we actually sack him and I don't think we will.

4 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Agreed but only if we actually sack him and I don't think we will.

It's very close.

The Chairman may be naive and mistake ridden, but pressure is pressure. There isn't a Chairman in the world who doesn't pull the trigger when blame starts shifting to them.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's very close.

The Chairman may be naive and mistake ridden, but pressure is pressure. There isn't a Chairman in the world who doesn't pull the trigger when blame starts shifting to them.

Mmmmmm. Hope you are right. This is like torture. The last 1/2 hour last night was alarming. We were all over the place. Still think he's here for the season.

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's very close.

Hopefully not

Image result for kim jong

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wath-owl said:

Just hit 50 points. That's all that matters now.

Better teams than us have sleepwalked into a relegation battle. Anyone thinking we're too good for that is kidding themselves. 

Its a sad state of affairs when we are looking to avoid a relegation battle. 

53 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Blades may be in decline but problem is there are 6 other teams between us and them all wanting what we want......so things need to change at 7 other clubs and ours.....not likely to happen.

True, it's not likely but a little run in this division changes everything. Remember palace going up the other year from a worse position than were in. I think there are one or two other examples also that I can't think of. Like you said, it's not likely but a change now gives us hope.

3 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

I love your optimism mate, having lost faith in Carlos myself I hope you are correct but somehow I don't see us beating Wolves and Boro even if Pep Guardiola becomes our new manager

Is there an 'optimisticowl' if not you can now be it.

Glasshalf-fullowl

6 hours ago, Wath-owl said:

Just hit 50 points. That's all that matters now.

Better teams than us have sleepwalked into a relegation battle. Anyone thinking we're too good for that is kidding themselves. 

I really wish more people would take this seriously. 

Just because we’ve spent stupid amounts of money doesn’t mean we can’t go down. Richer teams have fought harder than we are and still dropped. 

We haven’t beaten a single team below us. That is worrying. 

1)get rid of clueless (ill get a neg from the usual culprits,yawwwn)

2)cash in on hirst

3)beg anyone to take abdi,matias,nuhiu and other no hopers off our hands 

4) give new manager from January til end of season to assess what we need (everyone except clueless knows we need pace)

5) at season end ,release loovens,all the squad fillers up for sale,take a hit if needs be 

6) new manager gets some funds