What can we salvage?

Guest Jack the Hat

Guest Jack the Hat

I am by nature a very optimistic person, to the point where I had a bet last week on Wednesday getting promotion. The odds were good and I still believed. But after last night's performance I realise that we have no chance of being promoted. It's not just because of the 10 points, but the abject nature of the display. Okay we started well but the last 30 minutes what a shambles. We ended up trying to play everything through nuhiu , who as much as I like, is a player we should have grown out of had we advanced the way we should have. If we play like that against United and they play the way they played against Bristol city, then we are going to get an even bigger pasting when we go to the lane. Please please please Mr Chansiri pulled the trigger now to give the new manager a bit of time to bed in before the next derby game. At least then we may salvage a bit of pride and dignity from this season.

I switched off when Norwich got the second....You could see what was coming as soon as Wednesday scored than did f.ook all....

Defended carlos up til then , but that was a stark highlight of the timidity with which we are playing at the moment.

Totally in control without even having to extend ourselves, then simple apathetic "going through the motions" and letting Norwich get back into the game

Bloody awful performance for which there are no excuses

At the moment...not much. 

A change of manager, an upturn in form and a strong finish to the season (very unlikely to get into top 6) is the best I think we can look forward to imo. 

Of course, the main point is the manager needs booting. 

I think this season is pretty much written off without so much as a whimper.  Really disappointing considering the build up,  150 anniversary.  Everything that could possibly go wrong this season has done.

A new manager,  evaluate the players we have and should be keeping,  clear out in the summer and start again.  As things stand at the moment i' d be happy with a top half finish.

26 minutes ago, vulva said:

Bring a few of the kids through. 

Wouldn’t make nd seeing something different. Like three at back and wingbacks, maybe give the lad Penney a chance on left, even if just to replace Reach. 

Feel at this stage of season there may be no better time than to do something like that. 

Guest Copthorneowl
10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

New manager this week, galvanise fans and players, two home wins against a promotion cert and a play-off rival, and we are back in the hunt. 

I love your optimism mate, having lost faith in Carlos myself I hope you are correct but somehow I don't see us beating Wolves and Boro even if Pep Guardiola becomes our new manager

Is there an 'optimisticowl' if not you can now be it.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Replace CC as it's obvious he's out of his depth. Give the new lad (Dean Smith) 5 seconds to say "we need to be fitter, add some pace to the group and move a few on" The season is not lost just yet as the league is poor, we need two or three players (as we did after the play off defeat to Hull) and a formation change to give us a chance. Oh and it's funny how often the players out of favour / injured seem to spring to life under a new manager 

I have to say that the back four from  last night are not fit to play in the 1st Divison never mind the Championship.

Did they ever win a header in the box from a Norwich corner ?

How did we ever buy van Aken, Fox and Jones, not fit to wear the blue and white of Wednesday,

and Loovens is well past his sell buy date.

The club is in an awful mess on and off the pitch and it's begining to remind me of the seventies.

It could take five to ten years to sort this mess out or another JC.

1 hour ago, mike84 said:

I think this season is pretty much written off without so much as a whimper.  Really disappointing considering the build up,  150 anniversary.  Everything that could possibly go wrong this season has done.

A new manager,  evaluate the players we have and should be keeping,  clear out in the summer and start again.  As things stand at the moment i' d be happy with a top half finish.

Its not written off.

On current form there'an exciting relegation dogfight to come.

Guest Copthorneowl

A lot of discussion and opinions being made about the value of some of our older players and how any new manager will be able to assess their usefulness and move them on for new blood.

Sorry lads but this is the world of pro football these guys aged 30 and over on wages of 20k plus of which there are said to be several will categorically not be moved out anymore than we could do so with McGugan and Urby  etc., we are stuck with them they will stay on big wages with us until their contracts run out.

Edited by Copthorneowl