Bannan is the problem

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

Said it for 18 months now. Tidy footballer but weak as urine, doesn't score goals, creates nothing, sits too deep, hides when it gets tasty, blames everyone else, passes only to Fletcher if he plays etc etc

Not a patch on Lee

Fk off Carlos and take Bannon to your next club so we can move forward

Deary me.

The drugs don't work folks.

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Really is embarrassing all those having a dig at Bannan. He's been out best player by a country mile this season. But of course some so called supporters just have to have at go because he had an off day. No wonder the players lack confidence with the way our so called fans back them.

Yeah cos he's untouchable cos he chases down goalkeepers with the ball and has a catchy song...wakeup and see  the facts...when did he last score?

• Like 1

Bannan, Hooper and Reach between them have been 95% responsible for any shred of attacking intent we've shown this season.

Fair enough they've contributed relatively little defensively, but that's hardly their jobs (even when Reach is LB, you get the sense he's only really there to force the opposites into finding a slightly more convoluted route to goal).

The one problem involving Bannan that I can see: we've clearly been coached to look for him EVERY SINGLE TIME we attack, no matter where you are/he is, or how little sense it makes to feed him from your current position.

Funnily enough, Reach and Hooper are the only ones who routinely ignore that protocol. No coincedence they've been our most effective players in many games IMO.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Bannan is the problem 

Westwood is the worst keeper in our history

Rhodes got lucky with his goal tonight

Carlos is the best manager we've had since Big Ron. Don't forget we went to Wembley.

Wow these drugs you're on are fantastic! I want more!!

Said it for 18 months now. Tidy footballer but weak as urine, doesn't score goals, creates nothing, sits too deep, hides when it gets tasty, blames everyone else, passes only to Fletcher if he plays etc etc

Not a patch on Lee

I’ve read some pretty flipping ludicrous and mind numbingly stupid posts on this site before, but this is right up there with the worst of them. 

The OP has a point. He is the one undroppable player. And everything goes through him. You can’t keep blaming those picked next to him. Lee is a proven player, Butterfield even more so, Jones even more so. 

I think Bannan is class. In a 442? No. None of your players are. It suits your strikers and that’s all. 

But you have an abundance of quality in central midfield. Yet choose to waste it.

I can’t believe CC is still in situ. 

• Like 1

Not a patch on Lee

scottish international ho managed correctly would be an asset to any championship team, our best player so far this season, think he may be getting a wee bit hacked off

5 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Yes Bannan had a mare today but honestly who didn't?  Yes he frequently plays too deep,(is that him or is that his instruction though?) and his shooting is wayward but he is not the problem...

He's not the whole problem, but the wee man is part of the problem

10 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

The OP has a point. He is the one undroppable player. And everything goes through him. You can’t keep blaming those picked next to him. Lee is a proven player, Butterfield even more so, Jones even more so. 

I think Bannan is class. In a 442? No. None of your players are. It suits your strikers and that’s all. 

But you have an abundance of quality in central midfield. Yet choose to waste it.

I can’t believe CC is still in situ. 

Thanks for the objective comment.

We cannot keep doing the same bobbar week after week

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Ultimately the system we play is the biggest problem, but there are many We lack strength in the middle of the park, and are completely devoid of pace

Today, you can add ineffective pairings all over the pitch Loovens and Van Aken, no chemistry whatsoever, Jones and Bannan, another 2 left footers who don’t mesh, and up front, Hooper and Rhodes, another ill matched pairing

This is true. We have too many players that are too similar and don't make a difference when we play this formation, Butterfield was on the bench - much the same.

We do have different players in the squad and could play a different shape, formation tactical approach but it won't happen under Carlos.