Bannan is the problem

4 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Said it for 18 months now. Tidy footballer but weak as urine, doesn't score goals, creates nothing, sits too deep, hides when it gets tasty, blames everyone else, passes only to Fletcher if he plays etc etc

Not a patch on Lee

Fk off Carlos and take Bannon to your next club so we can move forward

You are seeing the symptom an not the root cause of the problem. Bannan is covering for defensive ineptitude. My only criticism is that he does not criticise the defenders during the game and he takes the blame for there mistakes by covering for them.

He’d work better in a different formation and without Jones next to him, as he basically has to run the midfield on his own and makes us utterly predictable. Put him in a three, where we’d have a midfield able to offer a few different looks, and we might have some more success. Bannan is a very good player, to blame him for our problems means you’d have to look past several far larger issues.

Is the problem not Bazza but the fact that he’s our best and most creative player in the middle and when he’s closed down we have no other options.  I agree he drops too deep but I don’t think he’s hiding but just looking for the ball when there’s no space and no one else capable of making things happen like he does. 

Does all his work in the wrong areas of the pitch. Tippy tappy football in the centre circle looks nice but doesn't get us further up the pitch. I do rate him though, if he played in a similar area to that Maddison kid from Norwich he would make a massive difference. He has all the attributes to be a decent Premier League player but something is obviously missing in the eyes of 20 managers. 

The real problem is the lack of Forrestieri and has been for ages now. He was our key outlet and now we simply don't have one. We'd be better off recruiting some JJ type of player who is unpredictable but has ability in his locker - somebody to get you off of your seat. Adam Reach is not that man. That will in turn take pressure of our CM's.

8 hours ago, W H I T E Y said:

Wrong. 

I’m neutral. 

You have midfielders that most in our division would die for. Stop doing them down. 

Play to their strengths. 

I can’t believe any football manager sees Bannan as one of a two in a 442. It’s mental. 

CC refuses to change anything other than swap out Jones/Butters/Lee for Lee/Butters/Jones. So if he’s playing this 442, dropping Bannan and playing two of the others ‘might’ be an idea. 

But sense says, drop a forward and go 433/451. 

It’s a sad day when even a L**ds fan knows more than our manager :carlosswfc:

Bannam made me nervous because he gave so much ball away but he plays with the energy and industry that the whole team should be doing .  ...except they might get to,d off by Carlos who probably instructed them to 'game manage' after the 19th minute. 

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, BIG D said:

lol

The only player we have that any club in the Championship would take off us and all of a sudden he’s ‘the problem’ 

bonkers

I totally get where you're coming from and its 100% true a lot of clubs would be in for him in a flash, but I don't think he's the only player we have in that category although there aren't that many and you're right to say any other club would have him.

Its amazing over the years how Wednesday fans develop this sense of self entitlement I never understand where we get it. 

I Wont be the only one that remembers how both Glen Whelan and Brunt used to get dogs abuse from our fans they were always losing patience with them and just look they've both gone on to have terrific careers in the Premiership alone over many years and many of our fans couldn't wait to get rid.

Bannan has been the only consistent player we've got this season but I fear he'll be looking at pastures new particularly as people say he was two fingered at the end of the game yesterday.

47 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

I totally get where you're coming from and its 100% true a lot of clubs would be in for him in a flash, but I don't think he's the only player we have in that category although there aren't that many and you're right to say any other club would have him.

Its amazing over the years how Wednesday fans develop this sense of self entitlement I never understand where we get it. 

I Wont be the only one that remembers how both Glen Whelan and Brunt used to get dogs abuse from our fans they were always losing patience with them and just look they've both gone on to have terrific careers in the Premiership alone over many years and many of our fans couldn't wait to get rid.

Bannan has been the only consistent player we've got this season but I fear he'll be looking at pastures new particularly as people say he was two fingered at the end of the game yesterday.

The same happened with Antonio.

Some of our fans really don't have a clue.

bannan himself is very frustrated that he is playing the role he is ,don't be surprised if he hands a transfer request in . I think carlos is that clueless most of us could get them playing better , start with the basics and build from there, I feel very sorry for the next manager he is going to have a right job turning this  mess around . I'm not bannans biggest fan but clearly he cant be a holding player its quite laughable . useless lumps like jones/abdi/Wallace,pudil and co should have left in summer I cant see a way out of things with the financial state the club are in and its only going to get worse with income going down as crowds drop(though we must have 1 of the lowest pay on day ticket sales no more than 2-3000 are paying this season

17 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Said it for 18 months now. Tidy footballer but weak as urine, doesn't score goals, creates nothing, sits too deep, hides when it gets tasty, blames everyone else, passes only to Fletcher if he plays etc etc

Not a patch on Lee

Fk off Carlos and take Bannon to your next club so we can move forward

Bannan

Our most creative midfielder

Sits deep on instruction, because Hutchinson is injured 

Puts up with playing wide, to accommodate dross like Jones & Butterfield 

I kind of agree.

It's not that he's a bad player.

It's not that he's playing badly.

It's just that he never seems to offer much to the team.

Defensively he offers little.

Creatively he offers very little.

It's an odd one.

One things for sure though, he's one of the few that seems to care.

Edited by Malkmus
  • Like 1

Just reading about Allardyce and his rules how to win games 

clean sheets 

play the first pass forward 

win knock downs

win set pieces 

don't lose possession in your own half 

Bannan along with most of our team fail on most of them.

Of course there are more prettier things we do in games but I get totally fed up with our failure to do the kind of basics above.

Second half we were abysmal in these things and until we fix them we have no chance 

Guest Grez Bez

If you think Bannan is the problem then you must have never played the game.

Professional footballers don't go out and play how they like; each game is planned like a chess game. The problem is that Bannan is our only creative player so everything goes through him. It's clear to me that the tactics are to get him on the ball at every opportunity. It's SO SO easy to see that and mark him tightly; if you do that we have lost.

It wasn't so bad in the first year because Fessi was involved and he can create a chance from nothing; giving us 2 outlets....