Bannan is the problem

25 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Bannan is probably the only player who looks like he is still playing for Carlos.

It'll be Bannan that gets Carlos sacked. he's simply not good enough to build a team around. Far too many players who want to pas the ball with far too few runners

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

I'm afraid because he is the creative player people seemingly cant see how weak he makes our midfield defensively  with no enforce nearby he's easily knocked off the ball 

A more physical player with his skill set costs £15 million.

Good luck replacing him

1 hour ago, BigTavowl said:

Why the flip he plays so deep is ridiculous! Give Kieran Lee that role, have Bannan sniffing around the box abit like Hazard does for Chelsea. He would get fouled in dangerous areas plus giving that quick through ball.

Lee is better going forward than Bannan

• Like 1

Said this before, Bannan and Lee are great little footballers but don't have enough physical presence, especially now there's no Hutchinson in middle like previous two seasons. 

Lee struggling with his hip injury isn't helping things and  Abdi, Jones and Butterfield  are not pulling any trees up when given runs in side either.

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Said it for 18 months now. Tidy footballer but weak as urine, doesn't score goals, creates nothing, sits too deep, hides when it gets tasty, blames everyone else, passes only to Fletcher if he plays etc etc

Not a patch on Lee

Fk off Carlos and take Bannon to your next club so we can move forward

Take it your the mug who's posted the same on Facebook/twitter

Lee and Bannan should play in a midfield 3 behind a defensive midfielder. Absolutely obvious to me. 

Posters slagging Bannan off are quite frankly ridiculous. Yes, he didn’t play well on the night but he is one of our best players, without question. Bannan would excel in a team with pace and movement ahead of him. He is a fantastic player and we are not bringing out the best of him. 

2 hours ago, LSOwls said:

This is probably the worst thread I've ever read on OT. Ludicrous

We were good in the first half because Bannan created everything; they worked it out and pressed him tightly in the second.

I thought that.

The only reason Bannan is a problem is everything goes though him.

I assume it is coached into them but the centre halves pass to him over any other options and both the full backs and wingers will slow or stop their runs to pass to him.

It only dawned on me during the first half and then the second Norwich stopped it.

Easy to work out and easy to stop.

FFS.

Said it for 18 months now. Tidy footballer but weak as urine, doesn't score goals, creates nothing, sits too deep, hides when it gets tasty, blames everyone else, passes only to Fletcher if he plays etc etc

Not a patch on Lee

Fk off Carlos and take Bannon to your next club so we can move forward

Mate I've been saying the same.

He is the problem. 

He is central to everything but he is too limited. 

Skillful player has but he is far too important in this team. 

Thanks for the objective comment.

We cannot keep doing the same bobbar week after week

He gives his ‘partner’ one instruction - “you do the work and give it Barry”. And the partner gets the blame. Rinse and repeat. 

But I don’t blame BB. Because he shouldn’t have a partner. He should be ahead of two behind him. But because Wednesday signed three big earning strikers, CC feels a need to include them. 

Everything about your squad screams one up top with three centre mids. 

He’s ignored defensive deficiencies and a lack of width, to pile midfielders in. Yet picks just two. 

You will do well to finish mid table if he remains in situ. The players do not believe in him. I cannot blame them. 

Over to DC...

Let's be honest the midfield we have is shockingly poor. All of them. Wallace Matias Hutchinson Jones Butterfield Reach Lee Bannan either not good enough or fit enough. None are good enough for the Premier League otherwise they would be there now. But Bannan is an issue with most of the play going through him, we don't have much to show for it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

He gives his ‘partner’ one instruction - “you do the work and give it Barry”. And the partner gets the blame. Rinse and repeat. 

But I don’t blame BB. Because he shouldn’t have a partner. He should be ahead of two behind him. But because Wednesday signed three big earning strikers, CC feels a need to include them. 

Everything about your squad screams one up top with three centre mids. 

He’s ignored defensive deficiencies and a lack of width, to pile midfielders in. Yet picks just two. 

You will do well to finish mid table if he remains in situ. The players do not believe in him. I cannot blame them. 

Over to DC...

Good points.

You can't possibly single out Bannan as the player to blame or scapegoat in all this however he is as guilty as the rest of them in thinking they are far better than they actually are at times  and for constantly committing THE cardinal sin in this league which isn't fighting first for the right to "do your thing" in areas where it hurts and matters and in getting stuck in to stop others doing theirs.

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Let's be honest the midfield we have is shockingly poor. All of them. Wallace Matias Hutchinson Jones Butterfield Reach Lee Bannan either not good enough or fit enough. None are good enough for the Premier League otherwise they would be there now. But Bannan is an issue with most of the play going through him, we don't have much to show for it.

Wrong. 

I’m neutral. 

You have midfielders that most in our division would die for. Stop doing them down. 

Play to their strengths. 

I can’t believe any football manager sees Bannan as one of a two in a 442. It’s mental. 

CC refuses to change anything other than swap out Jones/Butters/Lee for Lee/Butters/Jones. So if he’s playing this 442, dropping Bannan and playing two of the others ‘might’ be an idea. 

But sense says, drop a forward and go 433/451. 

9 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

Wrong. 

I’m neutral. 

You have midfielders that most in our division would die for. Stop doing them down. 

Play to their strengths. 

I can’t believe any football manager sees Bannan as one of a two in a 442. It’s mental. 

CC refuses to change anything other than swap out Jones/Butters/Lee for Lee/Butters/Jones. So if he’s playing this 442, dropping Bannan and playing two of the others ‘might’ be an idea. 

But sense says, drop a forward and go 433/451. 

You have a point, but like you say though we have all these strikers.

Hooper isn't really a lone striker and nor is Rhodes.

The squad just hasnt been assembled with much foresight really.