ASK THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY CHAIRMAN - PART 6 - The New SWFC Kits

We go to the factory who make the shirts for adidas and nike and place an order for 20,000 shirts, Nike order is for 5,000,000 but we are expecting to get the same price and priority from the factories. 

Can anyone think which order the manufacture will be more bothered to fill DC's or Nike.......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Love this kit,genuinely a thing of beauty. 

It is a decent kit; like last year's white kit.

The manipulative Chansiri delayed the release of both of these; to maximise the sales  of his preferred all blue sh!T home kit.

Edited by zzmdu

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

That pretty much every chairman's statement so far is it not.

They are press releases - no more no less - designed to paint the club in the best light possible.

All businesses do it - Wednesday aren’t uniquely bad - just accept them for what they are and take them with a pinch of salt. 

6 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

The key question is, how was this allowed to happen? Where in business do suppliers get away with suddenly demanding double the cost?

ATM?

Guest kelliesleftnut
2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Not necessarily. 

It's not always cheap to start suing people/companies. 

Though I agree that there's clearly going to be two sides to the story. 

Either way, I hope the club has learned from this experience and long-term we are better for it. The whole kit thing was a bit of a shambles from start to finish. Releasing it late was bad enough, but then when we do it comes out as the 5th most expensive kit in England. Not good. 

Just had a look on Sports Direct -

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and Spurs shirts selling at £55.

Burnley knock out their Puma shirt for forty fecking quid.

Owls fans getting mugged with the excuse of FFP.

2 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

Just had a look on Sports Direct -

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and Spurs shirts selling at £55.

Burnley knock out their Puma shirt for forty fecking quid.

Owls fans getting mugged with the excuse of FFP.

If you don't like it or can't afford it then don't buy it. If you don't buy it then you have not been mugged off. People who have bought it or going to buy it obviously do like it and can afford it and again don't feel  mugged. 

5 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

severely let down at the eleventh hour, when the supplier demanded double the fees already agreed.

Of course it wasn't..........

No idea if that was sarcastic or not but just for the purposes of clarity; the contract obviously wasn't in place at the 11th hour. Otherwise we'd have sued for breach of contract.

28 minutes ago, Brommers said:

No idea if that was sarcastic or not but just for the purposes of clarity; the contract obviously wasn't in place at the 11th hour. Otherwise we'd have sued for breach of contract.

Not sure if it was sarcasm or irony but it was one or the other .

So, at the 11th hour and after he states that everything was agreed, there was either a poorly constructed contract, or you may be right, no contract, which would be stupendously naive.

Either way it displays poor business acumen.

8 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

The key question is, how was this allowed to happen? Where in business do suppliers get away with suddenly demanding double the cost?

It regularly happens, especially if other major companies put threats in to the supplier...

IE - we buy/ sorce kits of of you for 20+ clubs, why are you offering these upstarts cheaper kits just cos their boss is from Thailand?

Or possibly summat like that..

7 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I would stand for that mate...I hope theres some f.oker stuck with thousands of shirts on their hands cos they tried to do us..but you have to question WHY we picked this company in the first place...

Don't think that would work really. The manufacturer for e.g. could make the shirts all in for £6.50, then sells them at wholesale price or whatever to SWFC at £12.50 and then CC marks them up to £49.

Therefore, if say the manufacturer is left with thousands of shirts at a value of anything upto £49 ish... that's a little more than they stood to make at the above example of £12.50.

In essence that would be the best outcome for whoever would be left with 1,000's of them... once any obligatory legal case is out of the way of course, which by then, they could well only be worth £6.50 a unit... or better still for some freakish reason, they gain value and are worth a ton. :)

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It is a shame if some fans choose not to buy a shirt because of the problems we experienced but I understand their frustrations and believe me they are shared by everyone at our club.

I’m pretty confident that some fans didn’t buy because the kit doesn’t have stripes 

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I can assure everyone that the process for next season’s kit has already begun and there will be no repeat of the events of this summer. This will result for sure in all sale dates being achieved in a timely and professional manner

Already started?!! No fans consultation?!! I’ll bet next years kit won’t have stripes but wil be claimed to be iconic. We’ve had Millwall’s kit and we currently have Ipswich’s - who’s kit for next season? Blackburn’s? Bristol Rovers?

Gi stripes back FFS man! 

18 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

An incredibly long winded way of saying we fooked up.

An incredibly long way of saying the suppliers tried to rip us off and we told them to fookoff.

but we knew that anyway. Next season had better be sorted, z

and if they get it right and the club make additional money then all will be forgiven.

but I don't wear football shirts anyway