ASK THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY CHAIRMAN - PART 6 - The New SWFC Kits

14 hours ago, EveryWednesday said:

I think this is great. I like to imagine the meeting when they push a bit of paper over the desk and say "this is our price now, take it or leave it". Thinking 'these guys have nowhere to go'

Our Chansiri pushes the paper back and says "shove it up your arse" gets up and leaves

Love to see the look on their faces

You've got a great imagination.

How about imagining all the kids who got bought an alternative kit in the summer holidays.

12 hours ago, Brommers said:

No idea if that was sarcastic or not but just for the purposes of clarity; the contract obviously wasn't in place at the 11th hour. Otherwise we'd have sued for breach of contract.

Is it possible that the company needed a deposit at the eleventh hour? Was Club 1867 launched at the eleventh hour?

2 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

You've got a great imagination.

How about imagining all the kids who got bought an alternative kit in the summer holidays.

Had to be done. You dont pay double the original price. You cant be held to ransom like that - its the manufacturer that suddenly demanded double that have screwed the kids over not the Club

42 minutes ago, EveryWednesday said:

Had to be done. You dont pay double the original price. You cant be held to ransom like that - its the manufacturer that suddenly demanded double that have screwed the kids over not the Club

You believe that? Why doesn't he name the manufacturer?

31 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Picked at random - Preston, Bolton, Wolves and Ipswich. Replica shirt all £45 or £46. Our kit next month £59. Crikey. 

Maybe he’s pricing it to make as much profit as he can from the small numbers that will buy it? If it was £20 I still wouldn’t buy it. A remake of the 70s Bukta shirt and I wouldn’t blink twice at £60

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

You believe that? Why doesn't he name the manufacturer?

The chairman made his money from drug trafficking, has put it into Wednesday as a play thing and is now skint. Deliberately messed us the fans around with the kits and hates all Wednesday fans. Will leave next week and leave us in the sh..

There you happy now!!!!! 

Give it a rest will you. We have never been in a better position with our current owner. Even though he had made mistakes we would be a lot worse off without him. 

On 10/11/2017 at 18:07, @owlstalk said:

I've never heard of a company doing what that company did

It's strange

If the contract was in place and defined then I cannot see how they can do what they're reported to have done

Would love to hear their version

As per my earlier post, there clearly wasn't a contract in place at this stage. Nowhere in DCs statement does it say that one was.

The kit fiasco was/is a complete fornicate up - dreadful embarrassment for a club of anything approaching our esteem to have messed up so dramatically with something so mundane and ordinary for a professional football club

Each to their own and all that but the kits are shockers - and for our 150th anniversary shirt to represent such an awful time in our history - and a shirt so briefly worn - is disgraceful imo

On 11/11/2017 at 10:05, Emilianenko said:

So our kits are 4 x cheaper to manufacture than everyone elses., but still the most expensive in the league?

Which makes it even more staggering the price that was originally wanting to be charged and which will be set come the end of November. Nothing passed on to the consumer and shirt prices go up again at SWFC.

£59 for a non-branded shirt (technically) that has been made in house to ramp up profits ... to rip off the fans again however it will all be justified because the shirts have sold and no doubt the shirts will be priced over £60 next season ..

Its been an absolute shambles from start to finish with this seasons shirts a complete embarrassment to the club and both the designs are horrific.

Massive MASSIVE learning curve for some but what p*sses me off is that we are still paying through the nose for a shirt that was delayed by over 3 months!!!

5 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Which makes it even more staggering the price that was originally wanting to be charged and which will be set come the end of November. Nothing passed on to the consumer and shirt prices go up again at SWFC.

£59 for a non-branded shirt (technically) that has been made in house to ramp up profits ... to rip off the fans again however it will all be justified because the shirts have sold and no doubt the shirts will be priced over £60 next season ..

Its been an absolute shambles from start to finish with this seasons shirts a complete embarrassment to the club and both the designs are horrific.

Massive MASSIVE learning curve for some but what p*sses me off is that we are still paying through the nose for a shirt that was delayed by over 3 months!!!

As much as I hate the shirt design and recognise what seems to be complete incompetence handling the whole episode 

who's at fault for queuing up to buy it and reward said incompetents with record sales and in so doing making them think they are doing something right ?

They are simply milking the blind loyalty of fans who feel a need to queue to associate themselves with the team by buying expensive tat 

Edited by steelowl
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, steelowl said:

As much as I hate the shirt design and recognise what seems to be complete incompetence handling the whole episode 

who's at fault for queuing up to buy it and reward said incompetents with record sales and in so doing making them think they are doing something right ?

They are simply milking the blind loyalty of fans who feel a need to queue to associate themselves with the team by buying expensive tat 

Correct mate it really beggars belief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1