ASK THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY CHAIRMAN - PART 6 - The New SWFC Kits

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

All sounds fair enough to me. Sh*t happens. Pleased we didn’t let the first lot roger us over.

Yep..Be nice to know who the supplier was so someone could write a letter saying how disgusting they think it is...eh?

Edited by asteener1867

I rather like that third strip. 

It's a shame that it still hasn't been released, as I'd consider buying that one. 

Much, much better than that atrocious yellow thing we've got as an away kit. Looks like it has been run over with those weird black tire marks. 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Yep..Be nice to know who the supplier was so someone could write a letter saying how disgusting they think it is...eh?

Yeah, instead of posters on here saying how rubbish it is 774 times they could send 774 messages to the supplier. Let them have the spam.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I rather like that third strip. 

It's a shame that it still hasn't been released, as I'd consider buying that one. 

Much, much better than that atrocious yellow thing we've got as an away kit. Looks like it has been run over with those weird black tire marks. 

That yellow one looks like its inside out...really puts me off

Just now, asteener1867 said:

That yellow one looks like its inside out...really puts me off

It's a strange thing. 

I mean I won't buy the home kit as I want stripes back like pretty much everyone. In saying that I don't think it's a bad kit and it looks pretty good with the black shorts. 

The away kit though is up there with some of the poorer away efforts. 

Maybe the club should just start releasing the different designs for next year and letting us vote for next years choices, I accept this will probably be in Jan to let people buy their kit for Xmas.

Yes the pigs could hijack, there are ways around this. show the images at a home game and then give people different options to text to a number. close the voting at 5:30pm. Or only season ticket holders can vote online by logging into their online account.

Won't please everyone but maybe they'll keep some people happy by giving people a choice.

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Maybe the club should just start releasing the different designs for next year and letting us vote for next years choices, I accept this will probably be in Jan to let people buy their kit for Xmas.

Yes the pigs could hijack, there are ways around this. show the images at a home game and then give people different options to text to a number. close the voting at 5:30pm. Or only season ticket holders can vote online by logging into their online account.

Won't please everyone but maybe they'll keep some people happy by giving people a choice.

Bearing in mind we have about 20'000 season ticket holders I woulkd think it would reflect a majority opinion.....

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Supplier doubling the price at the 11th hour doesn't ring true to me.

It just doesn't make business sence to me for a supplier to do that... lose out on a deal and gain a bad reputation.

A theory that I can think of.. as I say a THEORY.. is that the supplier we went with came in at the 11th hour and undercut the deal in place and said they could manufacture the kit in time..

But it could be true... only Chansiri knows.

32 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats the bit that baffles mate...You don't sign a contract?....You don't have anything in place at all to guarantee a price and a prompt delivery?

Sounds shoddy...honest...not just slating for the sake of slating but its amateurish

That sounds to me like poor due diligence when sourcing a supplier and incompetence in drawing up the Purchase order and contract.

13 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

Is this a fact or is it something you've just made up ?

Did you not read the article that is the subject of this thread?  Or any of the other news that has trickled out on the subject?

The supplier doubled the price.

We spent time negotiating a deal following an extensive period of research and consultation and reached agreement with a favoured supplier that offered the best production value, quality control and potential revenue.

Further time was taken discussing the finer detail of design and manufacture before we were severely let down at the eleventh hour, when the supplier demanded double the fees already agreed.

We then had a big decision to make – bow to these demands given the time factor rapidly against us and continue with the same supplier, or make a stand and go back to market to source a manufacturer that could help achieve our objectives.

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Bearing in mind we have about 20'000 season ticket holders I woulkd think it would reflect a majority opinion.....

I've said this in a previous thread... let the season ticket holders choose the kit out of selection of designs. The fans get to choose and it doesn't get sabotaged by outsiders.

25 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So did anybody actually ask...who the hell designed that away kit? And was DC on crack when he must have at some point thought "oooh that looks nice"?

I fail to see why it gets so much flak, to be honest.

It has some elements of tradition to it, and in my opinion is an improvement on the previous incarnations of the style:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJUgZ0cNFdY88U8Tda_9u

sheff-wed-92-away-yell-waddle8_2_2_1_2_3

mrtclUELTzBBWKVV3UoBNkg.jpg

Elev8-Sheffield-Wednesday-Shirt-17-18.jp

I think it's a reasonable throwback to the other away kits.

I guess my question for the purists is, if this away kit is so awful, what does a "proper" one look like?

I certainly prefer this season's away kit to the brown and orange one from the previous year.  Or the yellow Azerbaijan kit.

Edited by Indoor Owl

Guest kelliesleftnut
5 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Did you not read the article that is the subject of this thread?  Or any of the other news that has trickled out on the subject?

The supplier doubled the price.

Further time was taken discussing the finer detail of design and manufacture before we were severely let down at the eleventh hour, when the supplier demanded double the fees already agreed.

That to me reads as though we had a price for the basic shirt, 'finer details' were added and the price went up.