ASK THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY CHAIRMAN - PART 6 - The New SWFC Kits

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

The key question is, how was this allowed to happen? Where in business do suppliers get away with suddenly demanding double the cost?

If it really happened in the way it was described.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

An incredibly long winded way of saying we fooked up.

Thought exactly the same lol

YOu know when a child is colouring in.......but their black felt-tip starts running out because it's the one they use most.....so they cant fill it properly.....and just press down really hard trying to get the last bits of the ink out...but it's just dark gray...and nothing seems to be going right.....it's got some darker bits and lighter bits......and it looks bad......and then they wish they'd just left it all yellow to start with.....and they start screaming...and throwing pens around.....and they have to be placated......"No honest, it's looks great just like that" ...in fact we'll frame it.....

image.png.83c67507ca6d5136bea01491e8d54371.png

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Very similar to the blue un last year

Except it`s gold, white and looks nothing like the blue one last yearlolbut yeah I can see the similarities  :stuwinky:  

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

YOu know when a child is colouring in.......but their black felt-tip starts running out because it's the one they use most.....so they cant fill it properly.....and just press down really hard trying to get the last bits of the ink out...but it's just dark gray...and nothing seems to be going right.....it's got some darker bits and lighter bits......and it looks bad......and then they wish they'd just left it all yellow to start with.....and they start screaming...and throwing pens around.....and they have to be placated......"No honest, it's looks great just like that" ...in fact we'll frame it.....

That is one DISGUSTING shirt

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

When they (in this case, mistakenly) think that they are holding all the cards because the club would have to have the kits ready for the start of the season or go without.

DC called their bluff, and I think this is a fantastic move by the club.  So what if the kits were late, no sense dealing with that type of hostage situation.

Absolutely spot on. Should name and shame the company that tried to hold us to ransom.

Even though it hasn't worked to our liking the club should be applauded for trying something different to maximise profits. 

21 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

In all seriousness it is probably the worst football kit I have ever seen, it’s just f*****g vile 

lol

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I've never heard of a company doing what that company did
It's strange
If the contract was in place and defined then I cannot see how they can do what they're reported to have done
Would love to hear their version

neither have I with a signed deal 

I've heard of negotiated deals being torn up and the terms made completely unacceptable  but surely a reputable company wouldn't do that to loyal clients would they ? 

• Like 1