:-(

Guest Deleted member

3 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Yep - particularly the naming part. The diatribe posts still appear when I google my name. 

Indeed. 

A bit of petty name calling and trading insults is one thing, but actually getting all personal is just way out of order. 

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness you’ve missed a huge part of my post there mate, I’m not short sighted I just find it difficult to criticise someone over things I don’t actually know 100%.

A lot of what is coming out about Dejphon Chansiri is rumour and hearsay, I’m struggling to see an awful lot of evidence to back much of this up and so I’m not going to criticise him for “not giving a s**t about the fans” when we don’t actually know that he doesn’t.

I will however criticise him for not sacking Carlos as that is something I can see with my own eyes but some other things mentioned in this thread may or may not be true and until I know that they are, I’ll reserve judgement.

I agree it easier for us to comment on the on field activities. Because we can see it.

However we can also see 2 seasons of an near all blue kit; a badge change; massively hiked prices. We know long term loyal sponsors & staff are leaving in droves.  And we're all hearing anecdotes that  tell a similar story about DCs attitude.

What needs to happen for you to ,not to reserve judgement? There's probably enough dots that can be joined IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Go out for a long walk - and leave it all alone.

Like I’ve done for the last 3 years.

It simply is not worth it. It really isn’t.

Its not worth arguing on the forum either. The Wednesday community we grew up with is slowly being eroded.

I’ll lend you the dog - providing you don’t try to lend me your season ticket.

Spot on Reading.    Why respond to some one who we can all see is in the wrong.

I think all we can do is see how this season pans out. If things regress even more then of course more criticism will be aimed towards the club particularly the Head Coach and the Chairman. If as seems very likely we are still outside the Premier League in the summer then the Chairman will have a decision to make on how we go forward. Personally I think it will be a 50/50 call as to whether he gives it another season or he decides to look at selling the club to someone else? Either way there isn’t much as fan base we can do about it?

Bloody hell if the likes of Grandad are getting turned off by the current state then things really are bad. I chatted to various people after the game yesterday as I walked out and near where I live and they were all thoroughly pissed off and wanting a change. If people can't see how this club is weeing up fans backs then they need to get their heads from up their areas.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

I agree it easier for us to comment on the on field activities. Because we can see it.

However we can also see 2 seasons of an near all blue kit; a badge change; massively hiked prices. We know long term loyal sponsors & staff are leaving in droves.  And we're all hearing anecdotes that  tell a similar story about DCs attitude.

What needs to happen for you to ,not to reserve judgement? There's probably enough dots that can be joined IMO.

And in your reply you’ve confirmed the other part of my post.

You mention price increases, no stripes and the badge change.

These were all things that were debated on here when they first happened but then as the football got underway and we started winning games, they didn’t get mentioned half as much. Now we are losing matches they get mentioned again.

I can see by your avatar that you have an issue with the Kit (I really like it) but to the majority of the fans (going on how much these changes were bought up when we were winning games) these things become a minor annoyance if on the field things are going well.

As for the staff leaving in droves, are they? I have heard plenty of rumour and hearsay but will reserve judgement until I see it with my own eyes, that’s just how I am. Also even if there has been a complete overhaul of staff ( which may or may not have happened) there could be many reasons for this. Take the medical team for example, perhaps DC was annoyed with the fact that the likes of Almen Abdi, Marco Matias and Melo were passing medicals only to spend all their time in the treatment room? Perhaps he couldn’t work out why Fernando Forestieri was having to be rehabilitated in Spain rather than S6?

We simply don’t know and I refuse to slate someone until I know the facts.

Edited by TrickyTrev

Guest Deleted member

I think one of the reasons the ticket prices stopped being debated was due to the pure vitriol dished out to people like Kivo as a result of bringing it up

46 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

This Finlux person reminds me a lot of Dave Allen, maybe he's related to him. 

I was just thinking the exact same thing just not the DA bit.

They remind me of a previous poster who no longer posts, they used to go at Grandad and pick at him all the time, trying to make him say stuff which potentially could get him in trouble.

It became a bit stalkerish and i maybe wrong but Grandad stopped posting as much during it. 

Anyway this now poster needs banning especially after putting Grandads full name on here, yes most of us know his name but still its out of order. 

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Fv.ck me this thread.

exactly, the only part of this post I will quote.

Grandad has only posted what quite a few of us know - he / we can't quote facts people's careers are at stake but Finlux_cup chooses to disbelieve any of it .. his prerogative ,

IF he thinks everything is rosy then he should state what he thinks is wonderful about the mess we are in not resort to accusations and insults

Being a mod must be hard to know when to leave it before sanction - I vote the accusations get removed 

• Like 1

Remember people like Finlux are only a very very small % of posters on here. Most people, even those on the margins of the respective sides of the issues, are generally considerate and reasonable.

Finlux's comments getting called out is testimony to the majority's sense of fairness.

i posted a while ago about the dressing room at S6. Allegedly players refusing to do charity events etc, being mardy bums etc  but it was brushed under the carpet.

No idea re DC but the whole club is imploding at the moment and taking us fans with it

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Still got WTID registered @steelowl

ha  I told you sometime ago - reference the way we are run that 'winter's coming' 

seriously though can't cope with the thought of staving off admin again - I cant even get my head around what would happen worst case 

With an owner that can't be seen to lose face we desperately need CC to turn this around 

I wish I could do what Reading has done and just switch off completely. Sadly I haven't got the balls. 

I'm still stuck in that warped mindset where missing a game would mean I'm less of a fan - truth is I'm addicted to the club and can't stop. 

I paid more than I could afford for a season ticket this season because I couldn't bear the thought of not being at Hillsborough on match day. I daren't think about how much it'll be next season. 

If worst comes to worst I'll probably still come to the ground and try and get in for the last few minutes when the exit gates open. 

I still go to youth team games just to get my Wednesday fix, and last season I saw the U23s play some brilliant stuff on the way to the national title - none of them have been elevated to the first team set up. What's the point? 

I'm 32 and haven't seen us be successful. The early 90s were just a blur in my early childhood. I saw Nilsson, Hirst, Sheridan, Waddle - but I had no idea what was happening. 

All I've known is hard times. Sticking with it. Paying your dues and being able to say "I was there" for the heartache we've suffered. 

I was there for Yeovil when we didn't know what to do against 9 men. Carlisle away in the LDV Vans trophy. Getting dicked all over the country. 

Just clinging on, knowing that the bad times will only make our return to the big time even sweeter. 

Now i'm pretty convinced we're headed back to the dark ages again. We're at our FFP limit with a squad of aging players with no resale value. The chairman is making so many bad business decisions and making so many enemies I can only see it ending one way. I'm looking at Blackburn's plight and wondering whether they're actually ahead of us in the process of reclaiming their club. 

And I ask myself whether I can go through it all again. Decades of poo with no pay off? Where's the fairytale ending the fans deserve?  Do I really want to go through even more? 

I've recently got involved at Kiveton Park FC - marking the pitches, acting as club historian and producing the match day programme. I'm loving it, but I still love Wednesday more, and I don't want to even think about abandoning them. 

I want to be able to switch off and return when we get back to the PL. I've more than paid my dues through the bobbar times, I've earned the right to have a break and return when things are good again. 

But I won't, because i'm weak and a mug.