Lambert, Karanka and Moyes

4 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Paulo Sousa come in.

(Ex Swansea and QPR... left Fiorentina earlier this year... after not a bad record either)

Would be like replacing Carlos with his twin 

Swansea had to get rid of Sousa because they played pragmatic Portuguese football so brought in British Rodgers to bring the attacking play you need in this league 

Edited by Southie_Owl

Guest Copthorneowl
6 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I' m coming round to the idea that it's time for a change then you see some of the names bandied around and I think we'd be better off sticking with :carlos:

I'm like you mate, and I accept that once the fans in the ground turn on the manager it's generally the beginning of the end...but the dross managers being suggested on threads galore on here are an absolute joke. If you can't get a good manager then wait till you can.

Lamberts got a good cv --- where he has been supported, so has Karanka but when people start talking about Warnock, McCarthy, and some of the names of perennial failures it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy I had hoped during the last two years we'd learned our lesson - well not just ours everybody's - hire and fire managers regularly means spending loads of cash and winning nowt.

4 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Was Karanka defensive in the Championship?

I’m not saying he wasn’t, I just can’t remember that being directed at him until the Prem.

He turned Middlesbrough around and got them up, think if it came to it we could do a lot worse tbh.

His sides had fantastic defensive records in this league. Mourinhos old assistant so very much likes his teams organised and built from the back. 

Although the season they went up I don't remember them being all that defensive when they came to Hillsborough and battered us 3-1. 

Guest Copthorneowl
50 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Carlos has to go.

If we can't attract a decent replacement due to how badly the club is being run, then this also needs addressing.

Can  you please explain how exactly you suggest this would be addressed. Do you think a decent replacement might not be possible because we don't play in stripes, or the admission is too high, or Joe Palmer can't make decisions without the owners say so. 

What exactly is it about the 'running of the club' that would stop a manager joining a big club like SWFC and please don't say player recruitment because NOBODY knows for sure how this works.??????

Karanka, Pearson, Allardyce, Moyes are a pretty decent set of options and all are capable of making us consistent.

Moyes would come, he will struggle to get a premiership club job now - needs to re-establish himself.

Allardyce has said he'd be tempted by a championship club capable of success.

Pearson is filling time.

Karanka is available??

31 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Great job at Everton? Martinez with his first season in charge got more points in a single season than Moyes ever did.

Moyes took a side that finished something like 11 points clear at the top to 7th! (Who tells Rio Ferdinand how to defend by showing him videos of Jagielka?)

Sunderland - fair enough but they were still probably one of the worst teams in premier league history!

I didn’t know that about Martinez and he did sign Lukaku which made a huge difference to them.

However, you have to remember that Moyes practically built Everton. They were improving under him, and had started to beat the top teams as well which is something he struggled with initially. He worked on a tiny budget compared to the top 6 and competed with them year on year.

The Jagielka story is amazing. I imagine that it has been distorted somewhat but it’s hard for me to believe that Moyes would think that Jagielka was a better player than Rio. More likely he showed him a video of something in particular and it’s been Chinese whispered to ‘Rio you’re not good enough and need to learn from Jags.’

What do people want?!

Two of the managers mentioned have got promotion from this league on their CV.

The other was one of the longest serving managers in Premier Legaue history, and has managed one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Our fans live in cloud cuckoo land sometimes.

All three would be solid appointments. All three, however, would not be yes men. They'd expect that their say goes...something that might be a sticking point.

53 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Great job at Everton? Martinez with his first season in charge got more points in a single season than Moyes ever did.

Moyes took a side that finished something like 11 points clear at the top to 7th! (Who tells Rio Ferdinand how to defend by showing him videos of Jagielka?)

Sunderland - fair enough but they were still probably one of the worst teams in premier league history!

Ill take Alex Ferguson’s view on his performance at Everton over yours mate to be honest.

I think Carlos should go. Absolutely. Replaced by a young and hungry manager (like Heckingbottom) not an old dinosaur (like Moyes).

However, if the rumours I hear coming out of Hillsborough are true then the problems won't be put to rest as a lot of it stems from Chansiri. And, worryingly, it isn't likely to change.

1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

Your'e right about the chairman. He took advice on appointing CC which is not working out well so why can't he listen to the fans for once. I see Hurst as an up and coming Chris Wilder and look whats happened there. 

Now I'm fully on the "CC out" "DC doesn't look like he's got a scooby" bandwagon, but this statement is just removed from reality and needs addressing 

He "listened" to the fans about McGugan and Rhodes, and those are two investments DC is probably lamenting more than most. Listening to the fans has got him rodgered financially, so he won't do it again and on that record I wouldn't blame him either.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Moyes will come good again one day. Did a brilliant job at both Preston and Everton. Whoever followed Ferguson was destined to fail. 

Yes and as already mentioned managing Sociedad was destined to fail and Sunderland is a dead zone 

what about chris Coleman?