Lambert, Karanka and Moyes

10 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Really?

He had a win percentage of 42%.

That's never been a shocking job.

They finished 15th in the league. For a team that spent as much as they did I would say that was a pretty poor return. Do we really want another manager that can't seem to get the best out of expensive signings. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, Owl Be Back said:

I think Carlos should go. Absolutely. Replaced by a young and hungry manager (like Heckingbottom) not an old dinosaur (like Moyes).

However, if the rumours I hear coming out of Hillsborough are true then the problems won't be put to rest as a lot of it stems from Chansiri. And, worryingly, it isn't likely to change.

As I said in another thread, a light needs shining on DC as much as CC as they are both culpable in this debacle. I have grave doubts that DC is saviour that many thought he was.

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

Yes and as already mentioned managing Sociedad was destined to fail and Sunderland is a dead zone 

what about chris Coleman? 

Coleman has got a rubber face, and has stumbled across a generation of decent Welsh players. The failure of Wales to qualify for the World Cup is huge, and I'm surpised Coleman hasn't been sacked. 

Got shot down in flames a while ago, but Roy Keane is my choice should we need a new manager. Proven at this level, spent the last few years learning from O'Neill and has a point to prove. And don't believe the nonsense you've read in the press. Very popular amongst players. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Is that true? 

Well he signed them on the back of popular fan opinion. While I'd argue that he didn't "listen" to the fanbase, if Carlos were to be sacked on Monday many would say that DC has "listened" to the will of the fanbase, which IMO is just a tenuous an argument as saying that he listened to us to sign the above two players. I'm using the same logic, not sure I'm condoning said logic

No way of knowing. 

It's always the case of getting the right fit at the right time.

Anyone of them could come in and fail or come in and be an astounding success. 

You never know until you take the plunge.

We can only genuinely say if they'd be good or not when we get an opportunity to see them in action at our club.

Just now, BRADDO said:

As I said in another thread, a light needs shining on DC as much as CC as they are both culpable in this debacle. I have grave doubts that DC is saviour that many thought he was.

I completely agree with this. Stuff I've heard from a person who works at Wednesday says he's clueless and stuff just isn't getting handled adequately. There's no business plan, apart from increasing prices, no philosophy to the football he wants to see, etc etc. It really sounds like there's no big vision or an agreed direction for the club to go in. Can see really dark times ahead. I'm just hoping that at least a little of what I'm hearing isn't true; it it is then, well... I think we'll be shafted in a year or two. :sad:

10 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

I completely agree with this. Stuff I've heard from a person who works at Wednesday says he's clueless and stuff just isn't getting handled adequately. There's no business plan, apart from increasing prices, no philosophy to the football he wants to see, etc etc. It really sounds like there's no big vision or an agreed direction for the club to go in. Can see really dark times ahead. I'm just hoping that at least a little of what I'm hearing isn't true; it it is then, well... I think we'll be shafted in a year or two. :sad:

I think the signs are there that it's all going to end in tears. CC's first season is likely to be the best it will be under DC, sadly.

Just now, BRADDO said:

I think the signs are there that it's all going to end in tears. CC's first season is likely to be the best it will be under DC, sadly.

Highly likely, agreed. We were still working with what had been put in place by Milan and his team. That's now no longer in evidence...

A clue here maybe that Allardyce has ruled himself out of the Scotland job this morning because "it is not the right time"...

However, it would not surprise me to hear that the club is looking at likely candidates from the Bundesliga, La Liga or other continental assistant coach looking for the next step as Huudersfield did with Wagner.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Well he signed them on the back of popular fan opinion. While I'd argue that he didn't "listen" to the fanbase, if Carlos were to be sacked on Monday many would say that DC has "listened" to the will of the fanbase, which IMO is just a tenuous an argument as saying that he listened to us to sign the above two players. I'm using the same logic, not sure I'm condoning said logic

I don't think he listens takes on board and acts re anything significant. Doesn't sound like that's his way. But that's just an opinion based on no more evidence than most of us have. 

Edited by rickygoo

3 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Your'e right about the chairman. He took advice on appointing CC which is not working out well so why can't he listen to the fans for once. I see Hurst as an up and coming Chris Wilder and look whats happened there. 

Bit harsh to suggest Carlos was a bad appointment, we reached two play-off positions. I don't think appointing him was a bad move, not knowing when to let go may be the issue. As for listening to the fans, which ones? There are so many different opinions about who it should be. IMO Dean Smith would be good call, as would Hurst.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

Of those, I'd take Lambert and even then he would be well down my list, but then I am not in charge.

Never rated Karanka, accept he has a promotion on his CV, but his teams are as boring as Carlos and seems a bit of a mardy arse. Moyes too hardly plays exciting football and hasn't won a game of football in the last 3 years has he?

None of these are likely to meet DC's original brief of attacking football?

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

No way of knowing. 

It's always the case of getting the right fit at the right time.

Anyone of them could come in and fail or come in and be an astounding success. 

You never know until you take the plunge.

We can only genuinely say if they'd be good or not when we get an opportunity to see them in action at our club.

This is so right look how many times the blunts had got a so called top manager which didn't work out you just have to back whoever is selected and hope it works out.