• Hooper
    • Dawson
    • Rhodes
    • Butterfield
    • Palmer
    • Nuhiu
    • Joao
    • Pudil

Wildsmith 8 - not much to Do, but how many clubs can lose their first choice keeper, and play an academy product without worrying? 

Hunt 6 - was an absolute menace til - yet again - going off injured.

Lees/van aken 7 - both started shaky but at 2 nil settled down and killed everything that came at them

Reach 7 - also started shaky but after 20 minutes, he suddenly burst into life. Looked a constant threat, links up well with midfield.

Jones 5 - got away with it today because the other three in midfield covered him. Slow and cumbersome, had some decent patches but not at the same pace as the rest.

Wallace 7 - 2015/16 Wallace today. Absolutely tormented Leeds, worked hard and linked up well with attack and defence. 

Lee 9 - not much this lad can't do is there? Easily one of the best midfielders in the league, no mess, no fuss, and is everywhere.

Bannan 9 - back to 2015/16 bazza again, relentless energy and alongside Lee, ran midfield today. 

Hooper 10 - yeah alright he missed a couple but he was the difference again today. If he stays fit all season he'll guarantee the goals to get us in the top 6.

Fletcher 8 - got better as the game went on. Been critical of him when he stands around, but today he was the ideal target man.

Palmer 7 - thought he also went well and was much more solid at the back. Leeds got nothing from him, and he did his job without any fuss

Carlos 9 - made the bold call to start the Sheffield derby team, but got everything spot on today. Talked about telling his players to go and express themselves - this is vital. He has to spend the international break ensuring that wednesday go on the attack, and try to kill teams off properly, not this hesitant, play it safe crap we've been guilty of.

Crowd 9 - constant noise and all very positive and encouraging. Last year in this fixture, you could feel it that nobody was up for it, crowd or players - today the crowd did their best to get behind the side, I defo think that made a difference.

Had to think very long about this one, but gave it to Bannan in the end.

Run the show, and Leeds simply didn't know how to deal with him.

Hooper and Lee did great as well. Would rate 9 all 3 of them.

26 minutes ago, malek said:

Had to think very long about this one, but gave it to Bannan in the end.

Run the show, and Leeds simply didn't know how to deal with him.

Hooper and Lee did great as well. Would rate 9 all 3 of them.

Same. 

He put the awful chipped pass straight to their keeper early on behind him, rolled his sleeves up and put in a fantastic performance. 

Worked his socks off and used the ball extremely well. Shame he can't shoot.

Wildsmith - 7, never really had any big saves to make but what he did, did very well - kicking looks a lot better too. This game will have done a lot for his confidence as looks like Westwood could be out for a few more weeks. Made one really good save in the 1st half even though it was given for offside.

Hunt/Palmer - 7/6, Looked very good before he came off, attacking runs & energy excellent just as it has been all season. Likewise Palmer didn't impact us that much when he went off, one or two nice balls but you could tell he wasn't match sharp.

Lees - 7, Solid.

Van Anken - 5, Wont be to critical as he's still new to the league and learning a lot, but almost gave away two very cheap goals due to poor touches/decision making, hopefully will improve as the season goes on.

Reach - 7, One of his best games, played both ends of the pitch very well, made tackles and took his man on to create some decent chances, well done Adam!

Wallace - 7, Much better today, lethal when he gets onto his left foot and cuts inward and got loads of space due to how central our midfield was, when our right side plays well so does this team.

Bannan - 8, Brilliant ran the whole show, if only he could shoot would be in the PL.

Lee - 8, Very good in patches & getting back to his old self of being everywhere, should have had 2 goals if not for that awful lino - this man is key to us playing well, one of the best box to box in the league.

Jones - 5, Don't think he made one forward pass that was completed? Looked nervous, lots of bad touches and fouls, has been really off the pace last 2/3 games and I think he knows when Hutchinson returns he will be back on the bench.

Hooper - 9, Most intelligent player on the pitch, knows the game so well and attacking instinct is lethal, what can't he do? Partnership with Fletcher really excelling.

Fletcher - 8, Won everything in the air, exceptional hold up play using his experience and chemistry with Hooper provided us with so many openings, unlucky not to score with that sitter he missed, had looked tired lately but back to his best. 

Even though i rated Hooper the highest voted for Fletcher as MOTM as I thought he was exceptional with his display, even though he didn't score or assist created so much.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Wildsmith - 7, never really had any big saves to make but what he did, did very well - kicking looks a lot better too. This game will have done a lot for his confidence as looks like Westwood could be out for a few more weeks. Made one really good save in the 1st half even though it was given for offside.

Hunt/Palmer - 7/6, Looked very good before he came off, attacking runs & energy excellent just as it has been all season. Likewise Palmer didn't impact us that much when he went off, one or two nice balls but you could tell he wasn't match sharp.

Lees - 7, Solid.

Van Anken - 5, Wont be to critical as he's still new to the league and learning a lot, but almost gave away two very cheap goals due to poor touches/decision making, hopefully will improve as the season goes on.

Reach - 7, One of his best games, played both ends of the pitch very well, made tackles and took his man on to create some decent chances, well done Adam!

Wallace - 7, Much better today, lethal when he gets onto his left foot and cuts inward and got loads of space due to how central our midfield was, when our right side plays well so does this team.

Bannan - 8, Brilliant ran the whole show, if only he could shoot would be in the PL.

Lee - 8, Very good in patches & getting back to his old self of being everywhere, should have had 2 goals if not for that awful lino - this man is key to us playing well, one of the best box to box in the league.

Jones - 5, Don't think he made one forward pass that was completed? Looked nervous, lots of bad touches and fouls, has been really off the pace last 2/3 games and I think he knows when Hutchinson returns he will be back on the bench.

Hooper - 9, Most intelligent player on the pitch, knows the game so well and attacking instinct is lethal, what can't he do? Partnership with Fletcher really excelling.

Fletcher - 8, Won everything in the air, exceptional hold up play using his experience and chemistry with Hooper provided us with so many openings, unlucky not to score with that sitter he missed, had looked tired lately but back to his best. 

Even though i rated Hooper the highest voted for Fletcher as MOTM as I thought he was exceptional with his display, even though he didn't score or assist created so much.

We were saying the same about Bannan in the warm up-always looks up when shooting and always sky's in as a result. Surely for such a skilful player this could be coached?

8 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

Close call between hooper and Lee.

Lee's ruled out goal was class. 

And what a poor decision from the liner, not even close to offside, could have cost us, standard of official's amazes at times

Guest Copthorneowl
6 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

The three that voted for Nuhiu must have been watching a different game to me because I thought he was anonymous throughout the whole match and didn't really show anything of note. :wacko:

Must say I agree whole heartedly with you, as well as Nuhiu I also thought that the person voting for Dawson must have missed his fumbles. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Owl247 said:

So many good performances today but I honestly feel that the key to getting the best from hooper is Fletcher performing like he did today.

I know he missed a sitter but a fully fit Fletcher and hooper combo for a full season could push us towards that top 2 place. 

Was thinking the same.

Sadly we wont keep them both fit.