The Carlos to stay brigade

It's been a chastening few days for all concerned, Carlos, the players and definitely us fans. No good comes from point scoring and name calling in amongst ourselves. 

I for one wanted Carlos out 7 months ago. He's doing something to our players that, individually, makes them worse players; there's certainly none of them improving as footballers. And that for me, along with other things like the slow starts, poor recruitment and negative tactics make him a dead cert for the chop. I actually find it surprising that some defend him so vehemently, but those that do are entitled to an opinion and will certainly only hold that opinion because they want the same as the rest of us, a winning, successful Wednesday team.

Same goes for Carlos himself by the way. Though I may smile if I read tomorrow that he's got the boot because I think that's the best thing for the club in the long term, it'll be with a definite tinge of sadness because he's without doubt the most likeable, charismatic manager we've had since Big Ron and I'd have loved him to take us up, bloody loved it. I certainly won't be telling him on here to "foook off", he deserves better than that. But I'm thoroughly convinced now that he'll never take us up so please please let's not let him linger on any longer and let's bring someone in that knows this division and knows how to get teams promoted from it.

27 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Lets be fair, I think he has rightly deserved the faith that DC and some of the fans have shown him.

Eh? Are you on some kind of wind up?

43 minutes ago, Trader Dom said:

Are very quiet tonight...

What's your excuses to keep him after tonight's performance...

I thought that CC should have gone after the playoff failure but IMO your baiting of his supporters is just as inane as the 'where are the CC outers tonight' threads after a win.

10 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I do think dem pigs doing so well is making us more desperate to see us win games.

Look at last couple of seasons, we were losing against teams stuck down at bottom like Brum, MK Dons, Charlton, Burton, Rotherham.

I couldn't care less if they were bottom on 0 points. It's Sheffield Wednesday I want to be successful, and for what's been served up on display it's nothing short of a disgrace

5 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

I thought that CC should have gone after the playoff failure but IMO your baiting of his supporters is just as inane as the 'where are the CC outers tonight' threads after a win.

Not baiting his supporters at all...

Just want a valid reason of why he should stay...

Just now, slinger208b said:

No excuses required.

Had plenty of possession, plenty of shots and unlucky with the inside goal disallowed.

Keep doing that and we will win more than we lose...

But we've only won 3 games all season, we are already 10 points behind.

Had plenty of possession, 3 shots all night on target.

Carlos says we'll be promoted though so all is good! 

• Like 1

Chansiri is to blame for this mess.

In football managers have a shelf life.

Lose two consecutive play-offs and it leaves a stigma...even though getting to them is an achievement.

Fair? Probably not, but that's how it works.

Fans and players can lose faith.

He should have gone in the summer when the season was over, and it would have spared all of us (not least Carlos) all this unpleasantness.

1 hour ago, Trader Dom said:

Are very quiet tonight...

What's your excuses to keep him after tonight's performance...

Easy peasy - to avoid the "Derby way" which has led to five managers in less than two years with the current incumbent dismantling a squad that were

consistent play off contenders. 

I would calm down the team, the fans, the media, the ex players and all the tuna in the sea by guaranteeing his position until Christmas and see where we are then. 

Change management -

important art. Get Neil to sound out Big Gary Big Nige Big Sam Big Steve (ok that last one was a joke) or even Dutch Schteve and see what the lie of the land is.

But if Pardew is the alternative, we are in worse shonk than I thought... Pub League

and FFP nightmare time!

2 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Easy peasy - to avoid the "Derby way" which has led to five managers in less than two years with the current incumbent dismantling a squad that were

consistent play off contenders. 

I would calm down the team, the fans, the media, the ex players and all the tuna in the sea by guaranteeing his position until Christmas and see where we are then. 

Change management -

important art. Get Neil to sound out Big Gary Big Nige Big Sam Big Steve (ok that last one was a joke) or even Dutch Schteve and see what the lie of the land is.

But if Pardew is the alternative, we are in worse shonk than I thought... Pub League

and FFP nightmare time!

Replacing a manager that is now in his 3rd season and performing below expectation is hardly doing a Derby.

Every game that goes by despite the 1 in 10 we look good in reinforces my belief that we naturally achieved play off places due to the strength of our squad. The only thing that Carlos did was to be in the right place at the right time.

I like the guy but more than half of the managers in the football league could have achieved what we have with this squad. He is average and we need someone to take us to the next level with experience.