The Carlos to stay brigade

6 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't.

Maybe it wouldn't have happened so quickly.

If CC gets the boot, using your supposition, i could retrospectively have argued that we would probably have gone on to win the league and the opposite view would have been that he would have relegated us.

I would argue that if some of the clowns suggested to replace CC were installed, we would probably sink quicker than a stone.

All irrelevant as all based on would be, might be, probability.

Probably me being pedantic as the rest of your argument is spot on to be fair.

The real problem with Wednesday between 1962 and 2010 was the system. The idea that post the abolition of the maximum wage a club could operate our system and prosper was fantasy.

It's one of the main reasons why we didn't do what clubs in other big northern cities did.

I always say that we did well, bearing in mind how the club was run.

I remember Big Ron saying, on his sacking two decades ago, that there were some lean times coming for financial reasons, and he was right.

What you say about the suggested managers is true.

I don't think CC is a bad manager, he's just damaged goods now.

It's unfair, but that's how football is. 

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

I've stuck up for Carlos a lot, much to the chagrin of some on here. 

Heck I even got banned at one point for chastising AMB1867. But hey I dish it out, so you have to be willing to take some insults and bans. 

Sadly, I have reached the end of the line in terms of my belief that Carlos is the man going forward. I just can't see him turning this around and fear that we may slump further. The football is too negative, passive and indecisive - but also littered with basic errors and mistakes. 

What I will say though is that if people want to maintain their support then they should be able to do so. I hope they're right, though I think this time the writing is on the wall. 

What i cannot accept is those who sit there and label Carlos "clueless", a "fraud" or mock his broken English (love to see their fluent Portuguese). His time with us has likely run its course and I think he needs moving on, but the lack of respect shown for what he has done (two play off campaigns, regardless of style of play, money spent is a damn sight better than the previous 15 years) is poor imo. 

Well said. He's achieved a lot in his time here and even if his time may be up he deserves plenty of respect.

Perhaps potential managers will think twice about coming to us when they look at Carlos' record and contrast that with the dogs abuse he's had.

• Like 2

On 28/09/2017 at 15:55, DuncOwl said:

No mate. It is you that is trying to create a divide. Some people want him to go some want him to stay... you are trying to get a swell of opinion against those that want him to stay. If that's what people want, its what they want. It doesn't make them less of a fan, or some kind of deranged person, as you are trying to make out.

You need to get your facts straight before you quote me...

We're have I said there less of a fan, or some kind of deranged person???

Or is this an assumption of yours to get people on your side...

What a shambles. If only Butterfield hadn't fouled on the edge of the box in the 95th minute, and if only Van Aken had put his foot in instead of letting Duffy

waltz around him. I can't see it coming round, I think DC will have to act. I just hope he's getting really good footballing intelligence from somewhere.

I still wonder who unearthed CC in the first place. I'm not looking forward to Sunday. Oh, and I've been a staunch CC backer, but I've got no faith now.

7 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

What a shambles. If only Butterfield hadn't fouled on the edge of the box in the 95th minute, and if only Van Aken had put his foot in instead of letting Duffy

waltz around him. I can't see it coming round, I think DC will have to act. I just hope he's getting really good footballing intelligence from somewhere.

I still wonder who unearthed CC in the first place. I'm not looking forward to Sunday. Oh, and I've been a staunch CC backer, but I've got no faith now.

As you point out: 

He has been let down by some really poor performances by his players (Hooper one of the few to escape any real criticism). 

Ultimately, the buck stops with Carlos (that's how it works in football), but this group of players really need to take long hard look at themselves. 

Their performance in the Steel City derby is one of the worst I've ever seen from a Wednesday team - from an application point of view; to the mistakes; to atrocious game management. 

Furthermore, he took all the flak for the result on Sunday, protected them...and they respond with an insipid, tame one nil defeat at lowly Birmingham. 

It's just not good enough for the talent available and the money being paid. Time for this lot to stop believing their own hype and put in a proper performance. 

In all likelihood, it's probably too little, too late for Carlos (bar some miracle run I don't see him surviving), but it's time for this group to start performing. Seems to be this assumption amongst them that they'll sort of pick up and start getting results when they feel like it, like their approach to games (we don't really do anything in the first half) applies to the season as a whole. Needless, to say we will be out of contention if we don't sort thing out ASAP. 

On 9/30/2017 at 09:09, SiJ said:

...Their performance in the Steel City derby is one of the worst I've ever seen from a Wednesday team.

Furthermore, he took all the flak for the result on Sunday, protected them...and they respond with an insipid, tame one nil defeat at lowly Birmingham...

That last point, and the 3-0 win today, reinforce my view that Carlos is one of the best 2nd division managers, who makes the common mistakes of every new gaffer at Wednesday. 

The big mistake was not to realise how much the blades wanted to beat us - more than we can imagine.  It's everything to them.

The next mistake was not to transmit that to our team, if he did, no one was taking a blind bit of bl00dy notice.

Yes, injuries and missing men, but Carlos should have stressed the importance of blades coming over here.

If our lot had got the message, it would have been a happier outcome last week.

Beating Leeds will do for now, Carlos' approach and some GRIT in our side will bring an upturn.

I can't write what I'd say to the eejuts who want Mick McCarthy or Alan Pardew to take over.