The Carlos to stay brigade

11 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Easy peasy - to avoid the "Derby way" which has led to five managers in less than two years with the current incumbent dismantling a squad that were

consistent play off contenders. 

I would calm down the team, the fans, the media, the ex players and all the tuna in the sea by guaranteeing his position until Christmas and see where we are then. 

Change management -

important art. Get Neil to sound out Big Gary Big Nige Big Sam Big Steve (ok that last one was a joke) or even Dutch Schteve and see what the lie of the land is.

But if Pardew is the alternative, we are in worse shonk than I thought... Pub League

and FFP nightmare time!

Jesus youde be the type of chairman to award him a 4 year deal and a brand new Lamborghini if the team finished rock bottom.

Trying to hold out simply wastes precious time and opportunities, we need a change, every week it's becoming more and more obvious Carlos isnt the man for this job.

1 hour ago, steveger said:

C'mon now let's not do this, we are better than this, we are all wanting the best for our football club

1 hour ago, roaminowl said:

This reminds me of the 'Where are the Carlos out Brigade' thread that we had after a couple of wins.

Foookin tiresome...on both sides.

So true 

Just now, EXCALIBUR said:

you wont as your a happy clapper,wake up and smell the coffee as this team is shot now under carlos.

'You're'.

You could be right. My instinct tells me this team has the ability and spirit to recover from what is after all only  2 straight defeats.

Remember,  things could get a lot worse under your new boss, whoever that might be.

Guest Copthorneowl

As long as Carlos is our manager he'll get my 100% backing and I won't be joining the mob 'out group' until a new guy comes in then he'll be supported. It's just a great shame so many on here have gotten so nasty and toxic towards him which they have but hey ho that's the modern Internet/socialmedia world we now live in

As for somebody posting earlier that  people don't hate him do they? Many of the posts have been just that fecking hateful.

Twas posted earlier that we should now worry about the future and I think we should it might get much worse ....and please don't tell me it can't it bloody well can but I suppose it's now inevitable that we'll have a new manager soon. Not sure I'm confident this owner will not interfere more and that trouble is on its way.

5 minutes ago, Muffin Owl said:

'You're'.

You could be right. My instinct tells me this team has the ability and spirit to recover from what is after all only  2 straight defeats.

Remember,  things could get a lot worse under your new boss, whoever that might be.

But until that happens,they'll just keep on and on and on hoping nay praying that "we" see the light and blow sunshine up their @sses,saying "yep,you were right all along"..............not now or ever is that happening !!

2 minutes ago, Muffin Owl said:

'You're'.

I would be pretty certain it couldn’t get much worse. Impotently proving that lesser teams can hold their own against us as we are scared to attack. We are a shadow of the team in Carlos’s first season. No point having wealthy backing if you stubborn and unable to adapt.

He has had his time and nobody can say he wasn’t backed by both the chairman and the fans.  

I have waited for for years for us to have the ability to compete again and now it’s lost as we have failed manager in place. 

24 minutes ago, Coyt said:

Jesus youde be the type of chairman to award him a 4 year deal and a brand new Lamborghini if the team finished rock bottom.

Trying to hold out simply wastes precious time and opportunities, we need a change, every week it's becoming more and more obvious Carlos isnt the man for this job.

Reliant robin more like!!

WHOEVER COMES IN TO REPLACE CARLOS AT THIS STAGE WOULD HAVE THE PERFECT EXCUSE TO DO NAFF ALL OR WORSE COULD MAKE IT GO MEGA BREASTS UP LIKE ZOLA DID AT BRUM

it comes down to fine margins 

Look - ten days and ten seconds ago we were on the brink of winning at Cardiff and going 2 points off top. Sunday we were proper shybo first half but at 2:2 every blade in the city would have settled for a draw. Tonight - Hoopers goal stands and we win.

hey - if he goes he goes - but he is a good guy and IMO deserves more respect than he is getting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The problem with wanting Carlos out is we all know what he has in the locker. We have several game changers in our squad and two key ones are missing Fessi for 10 weeks or so.

But being without Hutch, ever since he signed has been a problem for us and Carlos. As has often been stated a league campaign is not a sprint, it's a marathon. Hutch can and will be the injection we need, Fessi will be the icing on the cake. Last season fans were quick to get on Fessis back, he wasn't bleating but he was carrying an injury. My belief is that with a full set of tools Carlos will deliver.

The alternative means a resetting of the clock and therein commences another 3 to 5 year wait. Or maybe I don't care about the prize that is the Premier League, I certainly don't think most of you lot could cope with 20+ defeats in one season.

Thing is when it all boils down our Chairman seems far more resolute than our fan base !  Vive por muito tempo Carlos e por muito tempo ele reine. 

Just now, Prince said:

I would be pretty certain it couldn’t get much worse. Impotently proving that lesser teams can hold their own against us as we are scared to attack. We are a shadow of the team in Carlos’s first season. No point having wealthy backing if you stubborn and unable to adapt.

He has had his time and nobody can say he wasn’t backed by both the chairman and the fans.  

I have waited for for years for us to have the ability to compete again and now it’s lost as we have failed manager in place. 

Compete where exactly ?

1 minute ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

WHOEVER COMES IN TO REPLACE CARLOS AT THIS STAGE WOULD HAVE THE PERFECT EXCUSE TO DO NAFF ALL OR WORSE COULD MAKE IT GO MEGA BREASTS UP LIKE ZOLA DID AT BRUM

Look - ten days and ten seconds ago we were on the brink of winning at Cardiff and going 2 points off top. Sunday we were proper shybo first half but at 2:2 every blade in the city would have settled for a draw. Tonight - Hoopers goal stands and we win.

hey - if he goes he goes - but he is a good guy and IMO deserves more respect than he is getting.

Another apologist for failure, Remember he gets paid for being the manager. If I fail at my profession and don’t meet KPI’s then I am out the door, it doesn’t matter how many times I bring cakes into the office and smile at the lass on reception.

I love how some people think he is here out of the love from his heart ❣ 

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

Yes, what you say concerns me too. You could be right. I'm still giving Carlos the benefit of the doubt because I believe in his commitment. But I accept results, and performances, have to improve sharpish.

4 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

That's a large percentage of football fans though isn't it? Everything is either blinding white or deepest black with little by way of grey in between. Often, it's only a whim or an impulse that can get them to switch abruptly from one to the other. And absolutely everything, no matter how fanciful or ridiculous, can be explained by a catalogue of mindless soundbites like 'lost the dressing room', 'tactically naive', 'no plan b', 'too stubborn', 'no passion', 'one pace' etc. etc.

4 minutes ago, Prince said:

For me it would be at the top of the league we are in as promised firstly by the chairman and yesterday by the failing manager. 

Riiiiiiiiight,so lets just dismiss thats exactly whats happened for two seasons shall we,(because thats how this place rolls)we're stuttering at the moment absolutely,but i can't be doing with this "seasons done,got no chance,be lucky to stay up" with him in charge bullsh-t.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Riiiiiiiiight,so lets just dismiss thats exactly whats happened for two seasons shall we,we're stuttering at the moment absolutely,but i can't be doing with this "seasons done,got no chance,be lucky to stay up" with him in charge bullsh-t.

Who mentioned lucky to stay up or seasons done?? We need a new manager and fresh ideas not a dose of Prozac 

12 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The problem with wanting Carlos out is we all know what he has in the locker. We have several game changers in our squad and two key ones are missing Fessi for 10 weeks or so.

But being without Hutch, ever since he signed has been a problem for us and Carlos. As has often been stated a league campaign is not a sprint, it's a marathon. Hutch can and will be the injection we need, Fessi will be the icing on the cake. Last season fans were quick to get on Fessis back, he wasn't bleating but he was carrying an injury. My belief is that with a full set of tools Carlos will deliver.

The alternative means a resetting of the clock and therein commences another 3 to 5 year wait. Or maybe I don't care about the prize that is the Premier League, I certainly don't think most of you lot could cope with 20+ defeats in one season.

Thing is when it all boils down our Chairman seems far more resolute than our fan base !  Vive por muito tempo Carlos e por muito tempo ele reine. 

Why does it mean another 3 to 5 year wait?

4 minutes ago, Prince said:

For me it would be at the top of the league we are in as promised firstly by the chairman and yesterday by the failing manager. 

You take such bluster much too seriously. At least half of the clubs in every division of the football league probably tell their fans they're looking to challenge for promotion, every season. Do you expect the chairmen/managers/players of Villa, Norwich, Sunderland, Derby, Leeds, Hull, Forest, Ipswich, Wolves, Middlesbrough etc to just say they'll be happy with finishing mid-table?