The Carlos to stay brigade

I've stuck up for Carlos a lot, much to the chagrin of some on here. 

Heck I even got banned at one point for chastising AMB1867. But hey I dish it out, so you have to be willing to take some insults and bans. 

Sadly, I have reached the end of the line in terms of my belief that Carlos is the man going forward. I just can't see him turning this around and fear that we may slump further. The football is too negative, passive and indecisive - but also littered with basic errors and mistakes. 

What I will say though is that if people want to maintain their support then they should be able to do so. I hope they're right, though I think this time the writing is on the wall. 

What i cannot accept is those who sit there and label Carlos "clueless", a "fraud" or mock his broken English (love to see their fluent Portuguese). His time with us has likely run its course and I think he needs moving on, but the lack of respect shown for what he has done (two play off campaigns, regardless of style of play, money spent is a damn sight better than the previous 15 years) is poor imo. 

• Like 1

It's all really amusing isn't it?

The two fu***n imaginary camps.

Who can come up with the catchiest most extreme & controversial slagging of CC.

The laughable replacement lottery of unimaginative, mediocre, mundane journeymen, with the Brains Trust not coming up with one single, well thought out name that you maybe haven't heard of, or think, "Yeah, good shout".

The point scoring, and self congratulations that they "told you all along CC was useless" and almost revelling in the club's current misfortune whilst they do so.

The absolute total certainty, that as long as there is a change, it will be better, with not a passing care that it may be considerably worse if we get it wrong.

Just as long as CC goes, all will be wonderful again and this time we will finish the job. 

Sort of reminds me when Trevor Francis was hounded out.

Maybe this time it will be different & have a happy ending.

Or maybe it will be exactly the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

The laughable replacement lottery of unimaginative, mediocre, mundane journeymen, with the Brains Trust not coming up with one single, well thought out name that you maybe haven't heard of, or think, "Yeah, good shout".

The point scoring, and self congratulations that they "told you all along CC was useless" and almost revelling in the club's current misfortune whilst they do so.

The absolute total certainty, that as long as there is a change, it will be better, with not a passing care that it may be considerably worse if we get it wrong.

Just as long as CC goes, all will be wonderful again and this time we will finish the job. 

Spot on

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

There were 4 days of perfectly good sailing before the Titanic hit the iceberg.

...well, if you ignore the large fire that was probably raging in the coal bunkers since before it set off from Southampton that likely contributed to the collision in the first place (as they were trying to control the fire by using the fuel as fast as they could) and also conceivably weakened the bulkheads, preventing them from holding the water back as designed.

:ph34r:

Edited by DJMortimer

Guest Copthorneowl

I've gone past trying to debate with the 'haters' and I choose the word assuredly, were it not for a few seconds against Cardiff, similarly the extra seconds that saw The blades get to 3-2 immediately when we were probably destined to win and disallowing the goal Hooper did actually score and there wouldn't be one post screaming for Carlos out instead there are dozens ..I totally respect but don't like the situation although the level  of vitriol demeans some of the more aggressive  posters in my view.

However like a few (getting less by the day) I'm sticking with him for the next few games and couldn't give a monkeys who posts what I'm confident he'll walk away very soon and wouldn't blame him sadly his legacy has been spoilt by a combination of some  mistakes on his part but in the main the realisation he's no longer loved by the fans he's consistently lauded shame really he's done so much but now very few acknowledge as such

Looks like there is some reluctance with some players the way they lack the aggression of most anti CC posters.

Edited by Copthorneowl

23 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Fear of change should never lead to accepting failure.

Nice sound bite, but don't think anyone's 'scared of change' if it is justified and IF the change is for the better.

With regard to that, I just hope & pray if there is change, the powers that be are capable of a bit more creative thought with regards to a replacement than some of the jokers put forward on here.

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

With regard to that, I just hope & pray if there is change, the powers that be are capable of a bit more creative thought with regards to a replacement than some of the jokers put forward on here.

That's the 'Powers that be's'  job as custodians of OUR  great club.

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

This sums up my thoughts.  Win or lose I have a respect for any manager who believes that games will be won by playing good football. However unhappy everyone is about the lack of pace, the loss to the pigs, the slow build up, not beating hull and udders or whatever else, Carlos has tried to build a team that wins by playing football and that deserves respect. I might be the only one left in this site but I think that belief will see him through. The last thing we need is to throw away what's been built because everyone's pissed off about results. 

5 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

This sums up my thoughts.  Win or lose I have a respect for any manager who believes that games will be won by playing good football. However unhappy everyone is about the lack of pace, the loss to the pigs, the slow build up, not beating hull and udders or whatever else, Carlos has tried to build a team that wins by playing football and that deserves respect. I might be the only one left in this site but I think that belief will see him through. The last thing we need is to throw away what's been built because everyone's pissed off about results. 

Results are kind of important.

lol

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

What happened post-Francis would probably have happened anyway.

Atkinson built a good team, but an old one.

We didn't have the money to replace the likes of Waddle, Hirst, and co, as the market had been inflated by Newcastle and Blackburn.

We also had no youth policy.

In the end, our system of having no owner was defunct.

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

What happened post-Francis would probably have happened anyway.

Atkinson built a good team, but an old one.

We didn't have the money to replace the likes of Waddle, Hirst, and co, as the market had been inflated by Newcastle and Blackburn.

We also had no youth policy.

In the end, our system of having no owner was defunct.

Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't.

Maybe it wouldn't have happened so quickly.

If CC gets the boot, using your supposition, i could retrospectively have argued that we would probably have gone on to win the league and the opposite view would have been that he would have relegated us.

I would argue that if some of the clowns suggested to replace CC were installed, we would probably sink quicker than a stone.

All irrelevant as all based on would be, might be, probability.

Probably me being pedantic as the rest of your argument is spot on to be fair.