The Carlos to stay brigade

16 hours ago, Muffin Owl said:

So anyone who doesn't share your view is a member of a 'brigade'? Do you work for the Daily Mail?

We've lost 2 games, very disappointing, but we'll be back.

I'm backing Carlos, and more importantly Chansiri is backing Carlos.

Up The Owls.

Give me one those whatever it is your smoking.

7 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Its the hope that kills you.

That’s spot on Ronnie! I’ve been going for nearly 60 years and the vast majority of our outstanding or enjoyable seasons came when we had low to medium expectations.

Being over optimistic pre season always seems to be the catalyst for impatience and intolerance in fans, although I’ve got to admit that I’m getting to the end of my tether with our current incumbent.  UTO

10 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Well Mr 58 posts in 7 years, I don't think it's fair to split the camp on two like that - into foes and against. Unless of course it's your intention. Stick together, I mean WAWAW supposedly? Apparently not it seems 

So... we are not all wednesday are we if we don't agree with you.?...FFS.

Edited by owlsdreamer

21 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Well Mr 58 posts in 7 years, I don't think it's fair to split the camp on two like that - into foes and against. Unless of course it's your intention. Stick together, I mean WAWAW supposedly? Apparently not it seems 

Firstly, what's the amount of posts I've made got to do with anything?

And secondly, I'm not the one splitting the camp in two, Carlos is doing that all by himself...

Guest BULGARIA
6 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Theres a lot of straws your clutching at there - how about 'if Nando had only scored that pen against Udds' ??

The reason many want Calos to go isn't merely just the results this week, it's been building since last season and specifically the pathetic way we surrendered a golden opportunity against Huddersfield in the play offs. I was at PNE and Burton when we were poor - again. I was at Fulham - yeh good result and played well but then Brentford at home we could have easily lost if they could hit the target. Sunderland - absolute rubbish and we couldn't beat them and now Brum who couldn't buy a win. 

We stagnated after the Hull final and hardly improved despite the money spent. Eight of the players that played that day are still regulars in our side, EIGHT!! How can we have improved with that stat???

We finished near enough the same distance from automatic last season as we did the year before. This season - when the relegated teams are struggling the opportunity for a top 2 finish has never been more attainable, yet here we are a quarter of the season gone and 8 points off the top 2. We've won 3 games - THREE OUT OF 10 - and they were against poor sides. 3 games against the current top 6 we've managed a point. 

This is is no knee jerk reaction, some fans will love Carlos no matter what, he's that type of guy I realise it. But enough is enough, he's shown to have no plan B or C, his recruitment has been nothing short of diabolical since the Hull game ( one or 2 signings apart) and I fear the players are no longer with him either. 

And there we have a winner.

I think it's a question of age really.

Those who've been through the good years of the 90s into the doldrums are more likely to be wanting Carlos out as it does look like he's stifling us and under achieving. 

For those younger that never tasted that succes Carlos is the man, the most successful manager we've had and given us our best two finishes and got us to 2 playoffs. So to them he's been a great manager so far. Though they don't /can't seem to get it into their heads no one else has had the funding resources or the chance Carlos has had at his command. 

7 minutes ago, Trader Dom said:

Firstly, what's the amount of posts I've made got to do with anything?

And secondly, I'm not the one splitting the camp in two, Carlos is doing that all by himself...

No mate. It is you that is trying to create a divide. Some people want him to go some want him to stay... you are trying to get a swell of opinion against those that want him to stay. If that's what people want, its what they want. It doesn't make them less of a fan, or some kind of deranged person, as you are trying to make out.

All this mess has been created by Carlos. Simple as that. He's been too stubborn in his approach and fans are fed up. From what I saw last night, the players looked fed up as well. Carlos has asked for support, the fans give it and this is what was served up. I don't wish for what I'm seeing. It's embarrassing.

It's not a knee jerk reaction either, the signs were there last season... We finished in a false position, all down to luck. Carlos is to blame for any wrongdoings on the pitch. He's not solely to blame but he's the one who trains and sets the team up after all. He's been too arrogant changing a positive style of play to slow, turgid performances. He's not going to change his negative ways so we need to be positive and sack him. I'd rather us make a change and see where we go. Sometimes you've got to take a step back to make a bigger step forward. We all want what's best for the club. We have the players to be successful,. It's a change of Head Coach that's needed. If Carlos was a man, and loves the club as he claims, he'd walk away.

I'm done backing him. He's wasted a lot of money. Recruitment defines club and since Wembley, ours has been shocking. Very little signings under him can be considered a success. If he's still here by January, I won't be giving him another chance. He can spend however much he wants, but he'll still in charge and I don't trust him. We've signed good players and gone backwards. Just think if Carlos was managing United, would they be sitting 2nd in the league right now? It's about the tactics that he deploys and I can't see it changing. Take last season as an example, we had a squad more than capable of going up and we failed. The likes of Pardew/Karanka will get better out of this squad. 

Given what's gone on over the last 12-14 months, I want to know why people still trust the guy. It's difficult for me to have any sort of faith.

1 minute ago, ramone said:

What a shambolic fanbase we have currently.

Fans calling other fans out for actually supporting their team. You just cant make it up. 

Indeed. It happens both ways too. Outers having pops at those wanting him to stay when we lose. The reverse when we win.

Both think they're supporting their team too.

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

What a shambolic fanbase we have currently.

Fans calling other fans out for actually supporting their team. You just cant make it up. 

You can see both sides though can't you...

I'm still in support of keeping him, any f.ooker can call me what they want.

Sadly the days on here are long gone when you could simply debate the matter, you have to be in one ridiculously named camp or another, debate is stifled by trite insults, which you wouldn't mind if they were halfway humorous, but its mainly tat.

Turning out to be a poor season, or a poor start to it (If you are an optimist)

I'll admit its worrying, but as a Wednesday fan, I could have written the shambles...

150 years old, can't sort the shirts out, can't sort the team out and as things stand, United are more likely to go up in our anniversary year than we are.

Typical bloody wednesday isn't it?

So the criticism is understandable, and its warranted, but its not all on one bloke.

I'm of the opinion that you should stay somewhat loyal to any player/manager/chairman who has shown owt like promise in the past.

I was against Grays leaving, because I thought the bloke had never been given the chance, with money and being able to build a squad, but you have no choice but to carry on, once a decision has been made.

So come the decision the majority on here seem to want, and thats by no means a yardstick to how the whole fanbase feel, never has been, I'll simply carry on and support whichever incumbent is put in place..No choice really.

I would still give him the season

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

I think it's a question of age really.

Those who've been through the good years of the 90s into the doldrums are more likely to be wanting Carlos out as it does look like he's stifling us and under achieving. 

For those younger that never tasted that succes Carlos is the man, the most successful manager we've had and given us our best two finishes and got us to 2 playoffs. So to them he's been a great manager so far. Though they don't /can't seem to get it into their heads no one else has had the funding resources or the chance Carlos has had at his command. 

So what about us who have been watching since the early 60's have seen us beating Barca and Roma as well as the disastrous 70's and the last 20 years when the club was run into the ground ?