We are all set for Sheffield United

It will not be that easy, Billy Blunt will be in their ears all week and they will be up for it. I see them starting well and pressuring us early but we will stand firm and our better players will come through 1-0 or 2-1. 3 pts to us and shut noisy sods up. Oh sorry! They'll say we were lucky and they will tank us at lane

2 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

It will not be that easy, Billy Blunt will be in their ears all week and they will be up for it. I see them starting well and pressuring us early but we will stand firm and our better players will come through 1-0 or 2-1. 3 pts to us and shut noisy sods up. Oh sorry! They'll say we were lucky and they will tank us at lane

Apparently he's a massive doubt.

I have no idea how anyone can ever be so confident about the outcome of a game of football, particularly against a team whoa are above us in the league.

Same happened when we were due to Play Huddersfield in Playoffs (who would've been above us barring them playing their reserve team for 3 weeks!). All sorts of nutjobs on here claiming an easy 4-0 win, etc, etc. 

All I know, is that we may be slight favourites on recent form and home advantage, but I'll be a nervous wreck all game. Any team in this league can beat any other, but a derby, in particular, is even more difficult to predict. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel Judge said:

I have no idea how anyone can ever be so confident about the outcome of a game of football, particularly against a team whoa are above us in the league.

Same happened when we were due to Play Huddersfield in Playoffs (who would've been above us barring them playing their reserve team for 3 weeks!). All sorts of nutjobs on here claiming an easy 4-0 win, etc, etc. 

All I know, is that we may be slight favourites on recent form and home advantage, but I'll be a nervous wreck all game. Any team in this league can beat any other, but a derby, in particular, is even more difficult to predict. 

Spot on!!

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't think of a time when we were ever better prepared to fade the piggies 

Strikers on form, new signings looking great, defence solid and a feel good factor

I reckon this will be less tight than previous years and we will stuff em 3-0

Get your head out of the sand, you should know we don't play like that. What's going to be magically different?! Derby games tend to be tight, tense affairs. When was the last time we stuffed someone? Norwich last season? 

We have to get off to a fast start because they will be on it .If we go behind to an early goal I believe they'll throw everything at us and if they go a couple of goals up they'll shut shop and play on the counter.It also depends how we set up I hope we dont employ the same tactics get an early goal and then try and defend it that would be football suicide but its a tactic we use too often.

2 hours ago, Mr Mercury said:

Amended for you ! 

Well done....is it just me that finds throwing grief at Billy Sharp distasteful - the blokes experienced what I would imagine is the worst thing life can throw at you so I don't think anyone calling him names of any sort will even register in terms of bothering him - it says more about those giving him the grief than it does him

Fair enough he plays for United so give him a respectful amount of grief when the game is on but it wouldn't do any harm to leave him in peace off the field, perhaps thinking back to how a Leppings lane full of United fans (in the days when you could fill it) behaved when we had a minutes silence for 2 of our fans who had died on the way back from Coventry and for those of you who weren't at that game, the words drop and pin would be 2 of those used to describe what happened