We are all set for Sheffield United

Whilst we have gained 5 points from losing positions this season I would hate to have to chase the game on Sunday: the nerves from the crowd would transmit to the team and create a difficult atmosphere, especially as United would defend it for their lives. 

IN fact, every time they have scored first they have won this season, but every time they have conceded first they have lost: first goal crucial!

I've got more confident (not totally) with the passing weeks, we don't lose many games particularly at home, our best win was against Forest who play 3-5-2 as do united (mostly), we played a direct in your face side on Saturday (Cardiff) with a manager who will have got his team wound up for the game and late goal aside handled it very well. Blades fans have this fantasy viewpoint where they are the plucky tryers with a passionate fan as a manager where we are the fancy dan showboaters with a foreigner in charge who wont know what a derby is all about - I think Sunday could burst that bubble.

Owls to win.

Needs to be a fast start, right at it from the first whistle to the last. This is a derby game, no time to 'manage the game' or play 'efficiently'. It's about going all out and giving your all to put the pigs back in their pen. Even if we are 5-0 up, want to see us streaming forward for a 6th and more, show them whose flipping city this is....

WIll this happen? Doubt it, but that would be the tone of my team talk.

These are always tense affairs not many big wins in them. Just hope we can score first not sit back and go get a second.. I don't think we will have the luck Norwich had against them so although I know we will probably sit back if we are leading I would like 2 goals to defend not 1. 

21 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I've got more confident (not totally) with the passing weeks, we don't lose many games particularly at home, our best win was against Forest who play 3-5-2 as do united (mostly), we played a direct in your face side on Saturday (Cardiff) with a manager who will have got his team wound up for the game and late goal aside handled it very well. Blades fans have this fantasy viewpoint where they are the plucky tryers with a passionate fan as a manager where we are the fancy dan showboaters with a foreigner in charge who wont know what a derby is all about - I think Sunday could burst that bubble.

Owls to win.

Have they got any fit strikers to play at all ? Didnt they field none last match ?

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't think of a time when we were ever better prepared to fade the piggies 

Strikers on form, new signings looking great, defence solid and a feel good factor

I reckon this will be less tight than previous years and we will stuff em 3-0

Yes our defence is looking so solid that we've only kept 1 clean sheet in the league this season.

Edited by TrickyTrev

14 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Have they got any fit strikers to play at all ? Didnt they field none last match ?

Donaldson had a hamstring pull but i'd expect he'll play, rumours that Sharp is out would be a bonus if true, not that I think he’s a threat but they’ve relied on him for goals last two seasons. The others are hardly worth a mention (but will probably score now I’ve said that). 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Well done....is it just me that finds throwing grief at Billy Sharp distasteful - the blokes experienced what I would imagine is the worst thing life can throw at you so I don't think anyone calling him names of any sort will even register in terms of bothering him - it says more about those giving him the grief than it does him

Fair enough he plays for United so give him a respectful amount of grief when the game is on but it wouldn't do any harm to leave him in peace off the field, perhaps thinking back to how a Leppings lane full of United fans (in the days when you could fill it) behaved when we had a minutes silence for 2 of our fans who had died on the way back from Coventry and for those of you who weren't at that game, the words drop and pin would be 2 of those used to describe what happened 

Crikey, get off your high horse mate. Firstly, its a joke ..... Secondly, I agree what happened to him on a personal level was awful, purely terrible & you wouldn't be human if you didn't empathise but he gives it (banter) out about Wednesday all the time so works both ways. Its a football forum ffs 

Edited by Mr Mercury

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Well done....is it just me that finds throwing grief at Billy Sharp distasteful - the blokes experienced what I would imagine is the worst thing life can throw at you so I don't think anyone calling him names of any sort will even register in terms of bothering him - it says more about those giving him the grief than it does him

Fair enough he plays for United so give him a respectful amount of grief when the game is on but it wouldn't do any harm to leave him in peace off the field, perhaps thinking back to how a Leppings lane full of United fans (in the days when you could fill it) behaved when we had a minutes silence for 2 of our fans who had died on the way back from Coventry and for those of you who weren't at that game, the words drop and pin would be 2 of those used to describe what happened 

Billy Sharp has constantly given Wednesday stick, constantly referring to us as pigs, etc.

I don't have a problem with this but if he gives it out, he's big enough and ugly enough to take it back.

What he went through was terrible but as long as people aren't abusing him over that specific issue, I really don't see a problem in giving him plenty of stick.

4 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Is it true that Sharp, Clarke and Donaldson are all out and Rapist has an ankle injury that requires surgery? Just read it in the Star. Wondering if anyone knows if its likely to effect them at the weekend or if expected back. 

Could be a bit of kidology from Wilderbeast.

Edited by toppOwl

1 hour ago, striker said:

Needs to be a fast start, right at it from the first whistle to the last. This is a derby game, no time to 'manage the game' or play 'efficiently'. It's about going all out and giving your all to put the pigs back in their pen. Even if we are 5-0 up, want to see us streaming forward for a 6th and more, show them whose flipping city this is....

WIll this happen? Doubt it, but that would be the tone of my team talk.

I agree, would love to come out of the traps flying ,really get into em and attack with menace. Would unsettle the pigs plus The crowd would also get (more) involved early on . Could set the tone for the whole game.