BREAKING - Forestieri Update

Has FFs injury done us a favour by forcing CC to play Fletcher and Hooper up top?

I mean I don't wish injury upon anyone but its clear as day now that FF shouldn't play as a striker given our other options.   

And when he returns perhaps CC will only play him on the left from now on.

2 hours ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

Has FFs injury done us a favour by forcing CC to play Fletcher and Hooper up top?

I mean I don't wish injury upon anyone but its clear as day now that FF shouldn't play as a striker given our other options.   

I think so. There is no doubt had he been fully fit we would have been playing him and probably not given Hooperman and Fletch the run together. 

He has to be played on the left when he returns. Him and Reach at home would work fine, maybe we would need to be more cautious away from home though. 

5 hours ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I think so. There is no doubt had he been fully fit we would have been playing him and probably not given Hooperman and Fletch the run together. 

He has to be played on the left when he returns. Him and Reach at home would work fine, maybe we would need to be more cautious away from home though. 

Despite what he says in the press, Carlos's selections over two seasons make it clear that he sees FF as one of our best two strikers. We can only hope that Fletcher, Hooper and soon Rhodes make it impossible for Carlos to put FF back up top. Because at the very first ***** of an oportunity Carlos will do so.

I can see the December headlines now..."Carlos says FF needs to earn his place", "Carlos says Hooper and Fletcher have earned the right" etc..., but at 2pm on the first Saturday the name Forestieri will be on the sheet and Hooper or Fletcher will be sub.

Preston revisited.

However, thats months away. I do hope Fernando gets well quickly. But equally hope that when he does, that Carlos has finally been convinced that we are a better team without FF striker.

36 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Despite what he says in the press, Carlos's selections over two seasons make it clear that he sees FF as one of our best two strikers. We can only hope that Fletcher, Hooper and soon Rhodes make it impossible for Carlos to put FF back up top. Because at the very first ***** of an oportunity Carlos will do so.

I can see the December headlines now..."Carlos says FF needs to earn his place", "Carlos says Hooper and Fletcher have earned the right" etc..., but at 2pm on the first Saturday the name Forestieri will be on the sheet and Hooper or Fletcher will be sub.

Preston revisited.

However, thats months away. I do hope Fernando gets well quickly. But equally hope that when he does, that Carlos has finally been convinced that we are a better team without FF striker.

Arguably our best performance of last season (Newcastle away) was with Fletcher and Forestieri up front.  He can play that number ten role very well as long as the whole team play well.

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

All the stuff you make reference to is things made up by fans. 

In any walk of life, if the authority (in this case our club) decide not to be open and transparent, people come to conclusions. Which becomes gossip, its human nature.

However I can see why on this occasion may have wished to keep it quiet and some things are best left within the club, not least the FF/Winall situation

The guy obviously just wants out, hes trying to disrupt the dressing room by having a massive knee ruption. Its always all about him. Get im out and Carlos, and Wenger and Klopp. And more seriously Koeman, get him out. :)

Edited by Daizan10

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

Arguably our best performance of last season (Newcastle away) was with Fletcher and Forestieri up front.  He can play that number ten role very well as long as the whole team play well.

Some of our best away performances have been with FF in a second striker role.

The anti FF striker brigade seem very forgetful and only focus on poor performances.

The other thing is Hooper was rarely fit last season so unavailable and CC quite clearly shows that when Hooper is  100% fit he plays. That is correct, especially at home

However our whole system depends on having a second striker who drops into midfield so either Hooper or FF have to play.

Playing Rhodes and Fletcher when Hooper was injured as some on here suggested was never going to happen as neither can do this link role.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

I think it's about time we as fans were told the truth when it comes to injuries like this. it's unfair to say a player is not giving there all and wants a move here and there when in truth they have picked up a serious injury and it's affecting there performances and mental stability. we deserve the truth as loyal paying fans

Great idea this...

Carlos how's Fernando?

He's got a bad knee injury on his right leg, a partial ACL tear, we're hoping he might make it through without surgery but it's certainly a worry.

Opposition manager rubbing his hands together knowing the specific injury a player has suffered and can mark them out for specific treatment from kick off.