BREAKING - Forestieri Update

Some clubs don't like to divulge the injuries that players have received. To release a statement like what FF has done he will definitely have had to ask for permission to do so from the club. Whether it was given or not is another question.

Bar Kieron Lee back in January under chansiri we have never really found out the severity of our bad injuries until this one. FF will defo have got dc and cc's permission for this statement.

Guest Copthorneowl
14 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Of course he does lol

12 minutes ago, scram said:

In fact the club need a players consent to release information regarding their injuries

Scram is spot on not even a doctor can release medical information about a patient without their permission that's why after qualifying they have to take the hypocritical oath. The club would need your permission also.

Edited by Copthorneowl

4 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Scram is spot on not even a doctor can release medical information about a patient without their permission that's why after qualifying they have to take the hypocritical oath. The club would need your permission also.

:biggrin:

Hippocratic oath.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Never said the club don't ask permission.

But to release a statement like that he'll have had to ask the club himself.

2 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

I'm waiting for some old fart to come along and say he's mincing.

'Back in my day we used to play wi a brokkkken ankul'

Magic sponge and a bit of firey jack and run it off. worked for us in sunday league. 

Gerrup and run it off 

• Haha 1

Guest Copthorneowl

Sorry Birley slightly misunderstood your comment the player is in full command of his own medical situation but as an employer however I suspect it may be written in his contract that he may not release information such as injury detail without their permission.  But the club can't release anything without the players permission

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Never said the club don't ask permission.

But to release a statement like that he'll have had to ask the club himself.

He doesn't need to ask the club to release his own personal medical information - that is ENTIRELY his domain

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

Sorry Birley slightly misunderstood your comment the player is in full command of his own medical situation but as an employer however I suspect it may be written in his contract that he may not release information such as injury detail without their permission.  But the club can't release anything without the players permission

His injury/medical information is HIS

Nobody can stop him releasing that and he doesn't need permission to do so

He can however keep his medical information confidential and prevent even the club/owner/manager etc from knowing his medical details if he so chooses

1 minute ago, scram said:

He can however keep his medical information confidential and prevent even the club/owner/manager etc from knowing his medical details if he so chooses

I think I'm starting to get how this works...if you release information about bad injuries your stock goes down?

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, scram said:

I fully understand all that but unless you know for sure (in which case I surrender) it's not beyond reality that there could be contractual arrangements that prevent a player disclosing his injury prognosis to the public so let me ask you do you know absolutely that such information can be relayed to the world at large without reference to the employer.

100% yes

Look at the 7 Pillars of Clinical Governance

Particularly Autonomy and Confidentiality

Nobody (or entity) can have ownership of a persons autonomy unless a person is not of sound mind and cognitively able to make reliable decisions (cue multiple "jokes" here...)

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, scram said:

100% yes

Look at the 7 Pillars of Clinical Governance

Particularly Autonomy and Confidentiality

Nobody (or entity) can have ownership of a persons autonomy unless a person is not of sound mind and cognitively able to make reliable decisions (cue multiple "jokes" here...)

Best leave it at that I understand all the above but often in all walks of life health issues/injuries etc., whilst  always confidential between doctor and patient can have dire effects on a business football, trade, finance, etc., if made public and often contracts stipulate that the person sick/injured can't disclose them publicly without breaking contractual agreements as they might harm/damage that business and I'd be amazed if that didn't happen in football.

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Best leave it at that I understand all the above but often in all walks of life health issues/injuries etc., whilst  always confidential between doctor and patient can have dire effects on a business football, trade, finance, etc., if made public and often contracts stipulate that the person sick/injured can't disclose them publicly without breaking contractual agreements as they might harm/damage that business and I'd be amazed if that didn't happen in football.

A person has total ownership of their medical information - it is theirs and theirs alone - and they can do with it as they wish

Any contract cannot compel anybody to forego their statutory rights - it's a human rights thing

Football has an unwritten law that players will not contest the majority of their medical information being made public - and generally they don't bat an eyelid when the club releases their injury status

But if they want to they can - i've been in medicolegal seminars where lawyers have made this crystal clear

• Haha 1