Have Wednesday Pulled Off The Best Signing Of The Season?

I'm going to be guarded in my enthusiasm about him after all judging on a debut alone i thought we had a superstar in Rhodri.

However judging by that debut and if he keeps that sort of performance up we have a gem that in one way or another could be vital to us 

I suspect if we don't get promoted this season or next he may leave but we will turn a large PPPRRRofit

I'd like to think this shows a change in transfer policy but I think the whole policy is dictated by the market. We haven't spent anywhere near what people think but likely pay big wages so that is why we have older players as we rely largely on frees, or those who hadn't fit in (Hooper) or players who could be tempted by a longer deal that no one else would offer (jones/Boyd). 

The cb market seemed very inflated for what you get (although Birmingham did well) so I think this forced our hand into value for money elsewhere and the age is a bonus. Rumours suggested we also wanted Sean Morrison and a 30 year old Belgian defender who's name escapes me.

Van Aken looks very promising indeed though, his confidence shone through and it is rare. Not seen it since Bougherra and Lees where quality was evident right away. 

Edited by Bluesteel

In his first interview it sounded like he says the manager told him we were interested and that it's been a long month,  suggesting we've been after him for a while. So maybe not a rush job to get any centre half in, and maybe the club put out stories that we were after other centre backs to keep Van Aken's price as low as possible before the deadline. 

Anyway, hopefully we have signed a future star, and when we go 0-2 to Brentford tonight we won't be changing our minds 

lol

On 11/09/2017 at 09:21, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Don't think he could do much else - great movement from Forest and he'd not have got there had he stayed on his feet.

My take on it was he was beaten so should have taken the player and a yellow while he was still just outside the box, he may well have tried that but missed.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 09:33, Jeff King's dog said:

There's 'positivity' and there is absolute delusion!

One game in and we've signed Bobby Moore / Paul McGrath and Franz Beckanbauer all rolled into one?

we've needed a CB for a while. So we have signed one (two) and Joost had a decent debut. We paid a decent amount for him and he looks OK. Other team were after him and we got him. That is positive. Not delusion.

On 9/12/2017 at 09:55, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

There's 'positivity' and there is absolute delusion!

One game in and we've signed Bobby Moore / Paul McGrath and Franz Beckanbauer all rolled into one?

Not surprised he pulled his shirt over his face after their third.

He wasn't quite our worst player, but he was up there.

Can people now understand why it is a bit silly to go completely overboard after he'd played one good game and one of the silliest thread titles I have ever seen on here.

Edited by Jeff King's dog
added a bit