Have Wednesday Pulled Off The Best Signing Of The Season?

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

We'll find out later (possibly).

Van Aken is very highly rated. Was being scouted by Premiership teams.

He's been given a chance that he needs to take. Fingers crossed he gives it a good go and doesn't wilt like a flower in the scorching sun.

Hit or miss? Fingers crossed for a big hit.

The tide is turning in one respect though. We're now starting to look at younger players who may be stalwarts for seasons to come. I think there's been a recognition that it might take a while to get to the Premiership and consequently, we've started to adjust to the needs of a longer term plan to get to the top flight.

Patience required please.

That is all.

One game. Calm down!

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

If he's used the same way as Lees and Loovens, ala pass pass pass hoof, we'll destroy another decent prospect.

Over to Carlos, the best Manager in our history.

Nah mate he's by far the worst manager of all time to ever manage a football team. 

Guest mrbluesky
3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

We'll find out later (possibly).

Van Aken is very highly rated. Was being scouted by Premiership teams.

He's been given a chance that he needs to take. Fingers crossed he gives it a good go and doesn't wilt like a flower in the scorching sun.

Hit or miss? Fingers crossed for a big hit.

The tide is turning in one respect though. We're now starting to look at younger players who may be stalwarts for seasons to come. I think there's been a recognition that it might take a while to get to the Premiership and consequently, we've started to adjust to the needs of a longer term plan to get to the top flight.

Patience required please.

That is all.

Jeez! I know things are bad lol

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

Couldn't watch the match but this fella sounds just what we were looking for. 

A passing defender who can defend is a real luxury.

Also being 6' 5 and good pace. Very exciting. 

Allows us to play from the back, and the way CARLOS WANTS US TO. Attacking, entertaining football. He just needed the right players. Looked at 200+ players before settling on him you know.

1 minute ago, jack whitham said:

Dont know how you make out he was done for the goal...where was Lees and Hunt ?

Van Aken was pulled across to cover RB after Hunt was bypassed. Loovens wouldn't have been anywhere near the ball. Whilst not going over the top I thought he was class (and he nearly scored) in what was a fast paced very competitive game

13 hours ago, Woozie said:

Good debut.

Absolutely was. Interesting to see that some were happy to focus on Van Aken's part to play in the Forest goal. Much prefer to see his overall performance in the round. He made an inspiring debut.

Not that I was surprised. Recruitment side of the club is upping its game after criticism. Mentioned this previously. More structured now, bringing in players for a specific purpose to better support Carlos' requirements.

Edited by theowlsman