Have Wednesday Pulled Off The Best Signing Of The Season?

We'll find out later (possibly).

Van Aken is very highly rated. Was being scouted by Premiership teams.

He's been given a chance that he needs to take. Fingers crossed he gives it a good go and doesn't wilt like a flower in the scorching sun.

Hit or miss? Fingers crossed for a big hit.

The tide is turning in one respect though. We're now starting to look at younger players who may be stalwarts for seasons to come. I think there's been a recognition that it might take a while to get to the Premiership and consequently, we've started to adjust to the needs of a longer term plan to get to the top flight.

Patience required please.

That is all.

• Like 1

This is a far cry from your threads over the last two seasons that have informed us we'd win the play-offs (both times) and to trust you on that lol

As it is, I agree with you. Consider it a marathon over many seasons rather than a sprint this one and the outlook is a heck of a lot sunnier. As long as the chairman really is in it for the long haul and is happy to cover losses, then really we're in a good spot

Just now, StudentOwl said:

This is a far cry from your threads over the last two seasons that have informed us we'd win the play-offs (both times) and to trust you on that lol

As it is, I agree with you. Consider it a marathon over many seasons rather than a sprint this one and the outlook is a heck of a lot sunnier. As long as the chairman really is in it for the long haul and is happy to cover losses, then really we're in a good spot

I was trying to get you bunch of negative ninnies focused and positive. I've made it my main role in life besides winning one of the big fishing competitions lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

He's been given a chance that he needs to take. Fingers crossed he gives it a good go and doesn't wilt like a flower in the scorching sun.

The tide is turning in one respect though. We're now starting to look at younger players who may be stalwarts for seasons to come. I think there's been a recognition that it might take a while to get to the Premiership and consequently, we've started to adjust to the needs of a longer term plan to get to the top flight.

That is all.

Me and StudentOwl were discussing this when we first heard the rumours. 

Been keeping tabs on him and seems a very good CB. He's definitely a more modern type of CB but he looks very promising.

Edited by Oliver Read

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

That is all.

Patience?

Remember someone wrote off Oguchi Onyewu after 20 minutes. 

Why should Van Aken be given longer?

lol

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Cue the obligatory debut OG and sending off nah! :wacko:

Certainly looks as though he can read the game and play out from the back, add a bit of strength to his game and hopefully will prove to be a gem and help rebuild our £20M defence...:ph34r:

If he starts playing it out from the back I hope our midfield don't get taken by surprise. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

If his signing marks a move away from the boom or bust approach then I'm happy. 

We need to be getting that avaerage age down a bit in the squad. 

Si, weren't you one of the ones that said I was being daft when I pointed out the age of our signings and how that could lead to problems 12 months ago? :biggrin:

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Si, weren't you one of the ones that said I was being daft when I pointed out the age of our signings and how that could lead to problems 12 months ago? :biggrin:

No idea. 

It is possible to change a view over time. 

Youre still daft though :duntmatter:

Dave walking away....

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

The splashing out for this young lad also gives me more hope that we'll eventually put an offer in front of George Hirst that makes him sign up too.

Come on Mr C!

Thank his dad...

Image result for burnt bridge

Edited by Fuzzy logics