Butterfield was second choice

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Don't think Radio Derby interviewed Rob Staton about it. Rob just picking out a snippet from Rowetts press conference. How have you construed that as stirring?

Because he intentionally omitted critical elements of the interview and redefined the context to suggestively create a 'stir'....poor journalism and used in a lot of sensationalist media.

I interpret the tweet as him suggesting we didn't really want Butterfield here and therefore trying to undermine the player before he has even kicked a ball

When really if local media was trying to be positive about clubs in the area it is not really anything that needs to be put out there even if by some miracle Rowett is telling the truth 

They just take every opportunity they can to put a negative spin on all things Owls

Just my opinion of course 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I interpret the tweet as him suggesting we didn't really want Butterfield here and therefore trying to undermine the player before he has even kicked a ball

When really if local media was trying to be positive about clubs in the area it is not really anything that needs to be put out there even if by some miracle Rowett is telling the truth 

They just take every opportunity they can to put a negative spin on all things Owls

Just my opinion of course 

We are a bit of an easy target at the moment. Look at talksport and arsenal for example. Whip up a bit of drama, suddenly that utter waste of time "football heaven" becomes a tiny bit more popular.

It's just the local media trying to emulate national media tactics. Both utd and Wednesday are by far the biggest in the area. One will be the darling (it's utd atm) one will be the villian (us) they will play that to get callers.

Sad thing is locally they probably don't give a chuff about the other side's. They are an afterthought and only become relevant if anything good is happening or a local derby is round the corner.

Edited by Maddogbob

3 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Yep got to agree mate. If I'm CC I'm f**king hacked off for the blatant, naive and borderline unethical attempt to unsettle the lad before he's even kicked a ball for us. If I'm Jacob Butterfield I'm now going to show what you are missing you pint sized little scroat because as long as you're at Derby I'm not going to play there again.

Rowett just gone right down in my estimation of him. I hope Jacob Butterfield makes him regret his decision to make that public.

I doubt Butterfield would call Rowett pint-sized as he looks up at him.

it will be end of season when we know who got best deal out of this loan .but  my worries are that fessi and probably fletcher will not make Saturday , we now will have Rhodes/hooper as starting 2 and I'm not convinced those 2 together will make a great partnership both excellent players but we tried them out together during pre season and hooper was giving Rhodes a right ear bashing.so from having Rhodes,fessi,winnall on bench in reserve now we have nuhiu and joao as impact subs ,if anything happens to hooper which it usually does during a season we have the scary prospect of nuhiu starting. my bet is that winnall will be a swfc player next season and carlos wont be our manager.

49 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I doubt Butterfield would call Rowett pint-sized as he looks up at him.

Does he? My mistake and my apologies to Gary Rowett who it appears is 6ft :wacko:  Crikey he always looks wee on telly.  It doesn't change my opinion that it seems bad form.

As a lot have said already, it will probably motivate JB no end. He is probably looking for a new club unless Derby change managers....again.

6 hours ago, simpark said:

Suspect we thought Butterfield was out of reach until Derby expressed an interest in Winnall - then we realized we had more bargaining power than we thought

Yep read exactly this a few days ago in some interview

7 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Butterfield is a ball winner.

And the lad can pick out pass too.

More than adequate 'cover' for Hutch.

Good signing IMO.

Huddersfield supporter I know describe him as a playmaker but not one who comes right forward a lot.

Key question is whether he played with Rhodes at Huddersfield for a season? Suspect he did. Maybe last chance to get something out of the most expensive signing?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I can see why.  Butterfield is a good player but Bryson is more of what we needed. A tackling ball winner.  Doesn't mean Kacob won't be a success though!

7 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

To be honest Butterfield isn't what we required we needed a ball winner as cover for Hutch. 

Might turn out to be decent signing tho

7 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

To be honest Butterfield isn't what we required we needed a ball winner as cover for Hutch. 

Might turn out to be decent signing tho

We need midfield bigness.  Step up, Buttery.

9 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Can't believe anybody's surprised at any stupid comment by Rowett he's always been a creep even more surprising when the CC neggers were at their most vociferous Rowett was being spoken off as us 'missing out on him'

At Birmingham he was a whinger and bad loser always bemoaning his teams bad luck - complete pillock can't see him Mel Morris as mates for long.

Putting aside his alleged personal failings (which imo we dwell far too much on here) he did a superb job with Brum at the time. Look at the team he had at that time and recognise they were definitely punching above their weight at the time he (inexplicably) got the sack. 

Edited by Almat