Butterfield was second choice

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

To be honest Butterfield isn't what we required we needed a ball winner as cover for Hutch. 

Might turn out to be decent signing tho

Butterfield is a ball winner.

And the lad can pick out pass too.

More than adequate 'cover' for Hutch.

Good signing IMO.

1 minute ago, darklord said:

do we know who approached who first?

Derby were desperate to appease their fans with a new central defender. Wednesday were desperate for a winger. Every potential deal had fallen through with just 10 mins left to the closure of the window. All other clubs' lines were engaged so Wednesday rang Derby to say what have you got left? 

Derby asked if we had a spare central defender but Carlos said no. We asked if they had a spare winger but Derby said no, but Butterfield could be shoe-horned in there on the left if required. Carlos said he'd thought of trying Winnall at Centre Back at one point which Rowett thought worth trying if it appeased his club's fans who were baying for a signing.

Rhodes would've gone the other way too, to be swapped with Tom Huddleston,whom Carlos thought could play right back, but as normal Rhodes was 20 mins late for the deadline in signing, and this time Wednesday couldn't find an official to slip £20 to so that one fell apart.

And that my friends is what happened.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

To be honest Butterfield isn't what we required we needed a ball winner as cover for Hutch. 

Might turn out to be decent signing tho

I thought he was a ball winner too, from my limited knowledge he looks like a player who combines a lot of the best bits of our current midfield players.

11 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hmmm, not sure it is Rowett's place to be publicly announcing Butterfield was second choice. 

Yep got to agree mate. If I'm CC I'm f**king hacked off for the blatant, naive and borderline unethical attempt to unsettle the lad before he's even kicked a ball for us. If I'm Jacob Butterfield I'm now going to show what you are missing you pint sized little scroat because as long as you're at Derby I'm not going to play there again.

Rowett just gone right down in my estimation of him. I hope Jacob Butterfield makes him regret his decision to make that public.

34 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Derby were desperate to appease their fans with a new central defender. Wednesday were desperate for a winger. Every potential deal had fallen through with just 10 mins left to the closure of the window. All other clubs' lines were engaged so Wednesday rang Derby to say what have you got left? 

Derby asked if we had a spare central defender but Carlos said no. We asked if they had a spare winger but Derby said no, but Butterfield could be shoe-horned in there on the left if required. Carlos said he'd thought of trying Winnall at Centre Back at one point which Rowett thought worth trying if it appeased his club's fans who were baying for a signing.

Rhodes would've gone the other way too, to be swapped with Tom Huddleston,whom Carlos thought could play right back, but as normal Rhodes was 20 mins late for the deadline in signing, and this time Wednesday couldn't find an official to slip £20 to so that one fell apart.

ITK :manager:

12 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Yep got to agree mate. If I'm CC I'm f**king hacked off for the blatant, naive and borderline unethical attempt to unsettle the lad before he's even kicked a ball for us. If I'm Jacob Butterfield I'm now going to show what you are missing you pint sized little scroat because as long as you're at Derby I'm not going to play there again.

Rowett just gone right down in my estimation of him. I hope Jacob Butterfield makes him regret his decision to make that public.

lol

Calm down

Seems poor form on Rowett's behalf, hopefully it will motivate the lad. I'm sure most players are technically 'second choice' just like every manager. I'm pretty sure we could have signed venancio for example in the summer given that he told carlos he'd love to play for us in preseason but we looked elsewhere and eventually went back in for him when some of our top choices didn't look like happening. The same applies to managers I'm sure after sacking steve mcclaren the derby chairman will have looked at many better options than rowett but after his top choice steve mcclaren turned down the offer to manage derby for the third time he had to settle for rowett.

53 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Stick to Fishing  !!!!!!.

lol

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

And Derby's replacement CM Kieftenbeld's transfer has fallen through, that's unfortunate.

Root of the problem, they only have 2 central midfielders now. 

Huddlestone and Johnson. 

Alot of good players in that squad though, if they don't achieve top 6. They'll have to make ends meet.