Official January Transfer Rumours Thread..

Another waste of a window imo.

No players moved on, and still no pace or half decent full back.

That said the market has gone nuts. Every season I think we’ve reached peak transfers, then Gary Madine goes for £6m after the third purple patch of his career...

Oh well the die has been cast.

14 minutes ago, watty said:

Just a thought but maybe the manager also knows the area's that need addressing and maybe the players he fancies weren't available at this time , and if that's the case I am glad we haven't splashed the cash on short term fixes , we have some of the best players in the league hopefully close to returning to full fitness and that will be more than enough to keep us safe this season , we will still finish nearer the top than the bottom in my opinion . 

By no means did I expect or want us  to "splash the cash" far from it, and thats my point, its the bigger picture, some of the signings have been terrible and we haven't moved players on that should have gone 3 windows ago. After the play off final we should have been signing young hungry players who were going to develop and improve the group, not Almen Abdi, David Jones, Steven Fletcher, Morgan fox, etc. And as for some of the best players in the league coming back from injury, there's 4 of that list that I'm looking forward to seeing again and out of that 4 1/2 could be considered to be the best players in their respective positions in this league, at best.  

I think it gives an opportunity for Jos to have a really good look at the squad and the players who will hopefully come.back from injury before the summer. I just really hope we have a massive overhaul come the end of the season as the squad needs a huge shake up.

I’ve no problem with no incomings or outcomings, bar Penney.

I expected it and it’s the sensible move. Regardless of where we are in the league, we aren’t going down. We have more than enough and we have key players to return. 

Let our new Manager use all his players before now and the end of the season and assess them and devise a plan for next season. I expect all the older players who are out of contract will be released and I am sure he will try and get rid of a few, i.e. Rhodes. I expect some serious activity in the summer.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’ve no problem with no incomings or outcomings, bar Penney.

I expected it and it’s the sensible move. Regardless of where we are in the league, we aren’t going down. We have more than enough and we have key players to return. 

Let our new Manager use all his players before now and the end of the season and assess them and devise a plan for next season. I expect all the older players who are out of contract will be released and I am sure he will try and get rid of a few, i.e. Rhodes. I expect some serious activity in the summer.

In the summer it’ll be Hugh, Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Van Bronckhürst.

ps - Don’t forget to look up the Official Summer Transfers Rumours Thread. Out now at all good outlets lol

Well that felt like the dullest deadline day I can remember. Maybe because we weren't linked to anyone but also.. how many times did we have to go to the emirates to hear from Gail Davis to tell us about the boomerang deal that happened 12 hours earlier, and did you know he will wear the number 14 shirt and wants to emulate Henry? Then there was the bloke at West Ham who couldn't remember which Reece had gone where, was it Oxford, Cambridge,Burke or Hare?

Anyway we knew when Jos was appointed that the next 4 months would be a bit of a slog whilst he learns about his team and formations etc. Let's just hope we don't slip up against Brum or there could be some squeaky bum times ahead

I dont want us to waste money and im sure all our massive fans dont either but we keep saying that when our injured players come back they will be like new signings..thing is we still wont have brought in any pace, been crying out for a pacey winger for god knows how long, shocking transfer window in my opinion and we are slipping closer to the bottom, hope Jos can get us up that table.

We need a mass clearout before we let another manager run amok with cash. Carlos just signed anyone - I cant actually understand the madness to some of the signings, just pure madness!!!

I would sell/release:

Westwood

Fox

Wallace

Abdi

Fletcher

Nuhui

Rhodes

Forestieri

Jones

Loovens

Hutchinson

No time for sentiment, a new squad needs to be assembled.

1 hour ago, Maltby owl83 said:

By no means did I expect or want us  to "splash the cash" far from it, and thats my point, its the bigger picture, some of the signings have been terrible and we haven't moved players on that should have gone 3 windows ago. After the play off final we should have been signing young hungry players who were going to develop and improve the group, not Almen Abdi, David Jones, Steven Fletcher, Morgan fox, etc. And as for some of the best players in the league coming back from injury, there's 4 of that list that I'm looking forward to seeing again and out of that 4 1/2 could be considered to be the best players in their respective positions in this league, at best.  

Some of our recruitment has been hopeless I agree and long standing issues were certainly not addressed , but I think most sides in the division would have Westwood Lee's Lee Bannan FF and Hooper to name some of the current absentees .

Edited by watty
Not finished post

9 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

errrr because people seem to think we are in a financial mess and need to balance the books for FFP.

Surely if this was the case our best player this season would be gone.

The fact he remains is an obvious sign we are not doing poorly for FFP.

I thought it would be obvious!

It would be a lot more obvious to sell players that are not performing, Rhodes for example.

The out of contract players need to leave this summer.

Kean

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Nuhiu

I know the cult of Dave wont agree but he needs replacing with a young pacey option.

Pudil depends on what team shape JL has in mind for next year, if we continue with 3 5 2 then maybe another year ?

Add Butterfield back to Derby and, if we are serious about improving then Palmer, Fox ,Jones  need to be added to that list and moved on if possible.

Providing we get takers for the ones under contract that is nine players, plus maybe a couple of more high profile departures to raise funds (take your pick) then these need to be replaced CAREFULLY with a structure in mind by around 5 new signings that address the weaknesses we have.

I (hopefully) get the impression DC has learnt his lesson with overpriced, overaged players and expect us to earmark potential, mainly from the european and loan markets.

Edited by sheriwozgod

43 minutes ago, watty said:

Some of our recruitment has been hopeless I agree and long standing issues were certainly not addressed , but I think most sides in the division would have Westwood Lee's Lee Bannan FF and Hooper to name some of the current absentees .

Ok maybe I did Lees a disservice but he has had his worst season for us, my 4 were Lee, great engine technically great pops up with goals, but there are better players in this league. Bannan, same as Lee but without the goals, he can dictate a game though, lacks height and strength, better players in this league, love him though. Forrestieri and Hooper would both get in any side in this League they speak for themselves. As for Westwood, I think we have two great young lads to replace him so wouldn't be missed. Hutch is a Crock/Liability. Abdi might as well not exist. Fletcher..... meh! Van Aken may well be missed in this current system. 

Edited by Maltby owl83

6 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

All bang average and two of the three they’ve actually signed are over 31.

Cue mid-season disharmony and a load of sunk costs they’ll never get back.

Exactly the sort of transfer window that would’ve caused meltdown on here.

This. All after one last pay cheque. 

19 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

The out of contract players need to leave this summer.

Kean

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Nuhiu

I know the cult of Dave wont agree but he needs replacing with a young pacey option.

Pudil depends on what team shape JL has in mind for next year, if we continue with 3 5 2 then maybe another year ?

Add Butterfield back to Derby and, if we are serious about improving then Palmer, Fox ,Jones  need to be added to that list and moved on if possible.

Providing we get takers for the ones under contract that is nine players, plus maybe a couple of more high profile departures to raise funds (take your pick) then these need to be replaced CAREFULLY with a structure in mind by around 5 new signings that address the weaknesses we have.

I (hopefully) get the impression DC has learnt his lesson with overpriced, overaged players and expect us to earmark potential, mainly from the european and loan markets.

Good point, recent signings point towards this. Don't think we have exploited the loan market since DC has been here and probably burnt some bridges with the woeful treatment of loan players under the last manager, but is an option, where FFP is to be considered. 

Of those out of contract  listed, all can go for me. the only one where I would have to think would be Pudil, depending on how the younger lads develop between now and the end of the season.

Edited by striker

2 hours ago, pussface said:

Another waste of a window imo.

No players moved on, and still no pace or half decent full back.

That said the market has gone nuts. Every season I think we’ve reached peak transfers, then Gary Madine goes for £6m after the third purple patch of his career...

Oh well the die has been cast.

We were after a left wing back though, so maybe his thinking is that when Bannan/Lee are fit, Reach can play there.  It's a weird one, as we've got so many injured, Jos really doesn't have a clue long term, which players he may want to keep or shift on.  

Edited by Suzuki_San