Official January Transfer Rumours Thread..

Times going to tell wether we needed anyone or not. For me only loans with a view to permanents were the only ones to do, and not many available players fit that criteria in the jan window.

lets trust Jo’s to have a loo’ and assess what he needs, and see if mr c gives h8m the Wong’s to get those players in the summer before we start wett8ng our pants eh?

6 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

We needed some loan cover to add creativity and pace. Seems silly not to have addressed that when we can still be sucked into a relegation fight with no goals. We shall see. 

With so many players to come back, and we are talking 6 or 7 of them going straight in the first 11. Not 1 or 2 good ones and a couple of fringe players to come back from injury. 

What's the point wasting anymore money we clearly don't have at the moment.

Come march/april time fully expect us to be about 20 points away from relegation. 

Edited by pazowl55

Just now, marcx666 said:

23:46

BREAKING NEWS

Nottingham Forest have announced the signing of Jack Colback on loan until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old central midfielder joins the club from Premier League side Newcastle United.

Garbage.

43 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Available

He's rejoined Wolves on loan but yeah the likes of Afobe or Grabban on loan would have been ideal but they went to promotion chasing teams, would have also had liked Kasey Palmer on loan too but he went to Derby. However those players would all be on decent wages and we would have had to sacrifice someone to bring anyone decent in like that. But that said, unless we get some injured players back soon, it looks like being a tough slog until the end of the season. A rebuild is needed in the summer, hopefully finally some pace and power will be brought in, with the squad trimmed and players brought in to suit Jos' style.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

If we sell Reach it would actually count against FFP (unbelievably) 

Again I'd listen to that podcast mate if you want to understand it, they'll do a far better job of explaining it than I, but I think its crucial that all fans understand this point.

Not necessarily if we sold him for more than the proportion of depreciation still left on his original fee. I am pretty certain we can sell Winnall for a profit in the summer and that would definitely help with FFP as we should be able to sell him for many times more than we paid.

If we sold Reach for what we paid for him it would advance the expenditure to this year if it was to be written off up to next year but we would save his wages for the rest of this year and next year and the loss would not be as big next year due to having written off the final year's expenditure this year instead of next. It all depends on the timing..

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

If you'd listened to the podcast that laid out the rules of FFP, you'd be aware that selling players we have signed recently for a fee would actually count against this year's FFP.

I'd also add to that... who do we sell? We have numerous players on high-earning contracts which would put many clubs off. And our more sellable assets are injured, and it is very rare for injured players to get transferred. 

I listened to the podcast and it was poorly explained. The guy himself had only done his background reading online (his words not mine). Obviously not a financial expert.  Math doesnt have to be complicated. 

There were even errors in his explanation. We signed Rhodes for £8m, £2m was an initial loan fee = £10m overall. The transfer fee being paid over 3 years. £2.66m per season. 

It is quite clearly sumarised here how it all works

The other important amortisation issue is the accounting procedure when a player is sold. On this topic I defer to the Swiss Ramble who uses the ex-Manchester City player Robinho as an example:

“[H]e was bought for £32.5 million in September 2008 on a four-year contract, so annual amortisation was £8.1 million. He was sold after two years, so cumulative amortisation was £16.2 million, leaving a value of £16.3m in the books. Sale price to Milan is reported as £18 million, so City will report a profit on sale of £1.7 million in the 2010/11 accounts. Therefore, City will show an annual profit improvement of £18.1 million after this deal: £8.3 million lower wages + £8.1 million lower amortisation + £1.7 million profit on sale.”

https://tomkinstimes.com/2014/07/ffp-and-the-amortisation-of-suarez/

So yeah, if we sold Rhodes for £8m it would balance things out a little. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Animal said:

gone from having a brilliant season to an okay season to an utter waste of a season. FML 

Supposed to be our 150th year celebration season, what an absolute joke.

We are going to be throwing a big staying up party once it has been officially confirmed.

lol

• Haha 1